JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Motorcyclist pretty fortunate ⛑

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1156 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Having ridden motorcycles for a number of years (which probably already mentioned) when I hear of an accident it makes me cringe. Especially now that Michigan has the no helmet law.

Anyway, this rider was smart, he was wearing one when he hit the car driven by an 18 year old doing a U turn. 

Yes, it’s March and motorcycles are already on the road here in the UP of Michigan. 

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/2021/03/21/man-hospitalized-in-motorcycle-crash/?fbclid=IwAR17TtDorjBm9LgaxsDqnT5AqaThbHj1Ldd4XhpJ_2GdWFZ9xbc-DfK4CB0

The teenager was driving a 2011 black Ford Fusion. He was making a Michigan U-turn, just east of the Brickyard roundabout, when he turned in front of a green 2007 Harley Davidson Motorcycle driven by a 30-year-old Portage man. The driver of the motorcycle hit the rear-end of the car. That resulted in the motorcyclist being ejected and launched into the air off the bike.

He was the only person on the motorcycle and was wearing a helmet. He was taken to UP Health System Marquette with non-life threatening injuries. His condition is unknown. The driver of the car and his passenger were not reported injured.

The motorcycle sustained disabling damage. The car had only minor damage.

The 18-year-old Menominee man was ticketed for failure to yield. The crash remains under investigation.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Haven't ridden a bike since 1989 when I parked my 1100 cc 84 Honda Goldwing Interstate for the winter. Bought a F250 for work so bike went.

Speaking of bikes. A few just went by on Commissioner's ( a block over ). Must have been some Harleys because they were so Loud. 🚴‍♂️

No edit button now. 2nd work should have been went. Opps - found it. Senior moment.

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I loved the Goldwings. They just hummed and were beautiful bikes too.

I’m usually cautious about saying, “I hate Harley’s” because that’s exactly why I hate them. So loud they hurt my ears 👂.

Spend thousands 💰 on something like that and than think it’s cool sounding like a BIG herd of bees 🐝 is stupid.

Okay I’ll get off my soapbox now.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”