JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Which blog website is a good start for decent exposure?

I want to create a blog where I can share my personal thoughts...

But I don’t want to do that knowing that in reality literally no one is going to read it.

Or is it very difficult to have my writings read in this era of blogging? So many blogs..

If you have experience, please share! 

5 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

I want to create a blog where I can share my personal thoughts...

But I don’t want to do that knowing that in reality literally no one is going to read it.

Or is it very difficult to have my writings read in this era of blogging? So many blogs..

If you have experience, please share! 

Sharing personal thoughts can be tricky. (So different to a hobby blog for instance) 
Just keep in mind that you will be receiving feedback, from people who are alienated from our Father, so expect different thought process and some comments that may outright be wrong. 
Having said that, could tell us bit more on the subject “personal thoughts” that you want to blog about? 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

38 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Sharing personal thoughts can be tricky. (So different to a hobby blog for instance) 
Just keep in mind that you will be receiving feedback, from people who are alienated from our Father, so expect different thought process and some comments that may outright be wrong. 
Having said that, could tell us bit more on the subject “personal thoughts” that you want to blog about? 

I think it’ll be my own biblical observations and studies, based on JW teachings but not quoting any JW publication or talking about it. 

7 minutes ago, M.J. said:

Don't we give you lots of attention? 🙂

I personally love the variety of topics you start. It's very engaging and refreshing to have someone think outside the box. 🙂

Thank you very much! : - ) I'm also a bit worried I ask too many silly questions. 

And I too always enjoy your helpful comments~! 

I said that as a kind of joke haha.

But then, it's also true I don't get any attention from worldly people. (not that I need though) 

21 minutes ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

At this point, any attention is welcome. 

There is option here to start the club ...why don't you take advantage of that? at least you know that brothers and sisters will be responding. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

11 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

There is option here to start the club ...why don't you take advantage of that? at least you know that brothers and sisters will be responding. 

Because it's not really my personal digital space? 

9 minutes ago, M.J. said:

If you have even the slightest amount of insecurity, they can sniff you out and tear you to pieces..... think carefully....

Yes worldly people are very difficult ..more and more. 

On 4/12/2021 at 4:51 AM, VisualizeUrParadise said:

I'm also a bit worried I ask too many silly questions. 

I think the topics you start are interesting. I’ve had very similar questions to some of the ones you you’ve asked, but I also feel uncomfortable  posting them, so if it’s something I really want to find an answer for I privately ask a bro. who’d probably know more about the topic. I think some are worth posting though, so more of us benefit from one another’s insights or make adjustments to our ideas. 

I used to have wordpress on the .com site (the .com site is the site where you simply modify and write your blog on their server. the .org site is the site where you can download the API to put on your server.) I found it got engagement pretty quickly. If you work at it on a regular basis, you could get a following relatively quickly.

32 minutes ago, Hinata said:

Why don't you try naver blog? It is specifically targeted for Korean traffic. And there are a lot of options too.

Thanks for the suggestion but as far as I know, naver blogs have long been used as marketing tools. These days it's really hard to find someone who left their personal thoughts in naver blogs. If there were, almost impossible to find them upon searching. Besides, I want my writings to be exposed globally.. though English must be one of the biggest challenges to do that. 

8 minutes ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

Thanks for the suggestion but as far as I know, naver blogs have long been used as marketing tools. These days it's really hard to find someone who left their personal thoughts in naver blogs. If there were, almost impossible to find them upon searching. Besides, I want my writings to be exposed globally.. though English must be one of the biggest challenges to do that. 

That is a good point. But I think naver blogs still are used okay these days.

If you are only going to use blogs for hobby, then you might try Google Blogspot. Wordpress can feel like it's for very big professional bloggers. That just may be me though. I also use blogspots too.

3 minutes ago, Hinata said:

That is a good point. But I think naver blogs still are used okay these days.

If you are only going to use blogs for hobby, then you might try Google Blogspot. Wordpress can feel like it's for very big professional bloggers. That just may be me though. I also use blogspots too.

Google blogspot and wodpress..Got it! Thanks~! : - )