JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on Android Phone

Good day brothers and sisters!

Did you know? You can install watchtower library on your android phone using an windows emulator. [A friendly reminder: You may have at least 64gb or 128gb internal storage on your phone]

Watch this →YT tutorial← on how to install the Exagear Windows Emulator on your android phone.

After you install it, download WTL from jw.org. [Reminder: Install first, RAR app from Play store, so you can extract the file of WTL from your phone]

Extract WTL installer to Download folder on your phone storage [not sd card storage]. After you extracted the WTL. You may now open the exagear app.

On the app, go to manage container, run explorer, then, a folder will open, look for WTL installer. 

Now you can install the WTL.

After you install the WTL, edit the text/font, because the text will a box-like font.

[See the images below as your guide to know where to click/tap]

Go to Library, see for Properties, Look for Font, and select the font you want.

I will post again on how to update the WTL on exagear emulator.

Screenshot_2021-04-26-19-19-52-58_e02ca8f1c97637659d7810595d2c9066.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-26-19-19-56-91_e02ca8f1c97637659d7810595d2c9066.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-26-19-06-38-58_e02ca8f1c97637659d7810595d2c9066.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-26-19-06-51-53_e02ca8f1c97637659d7810595d2c9066.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-26-19-07-03-04_e02ca8f1c97637659d7810595d2c9066.jpg

Edited by jrnievas

Lack of images

1 minute ago, carlos said:

Welcome, JR!

What an interesting first post! Thanks!:thumbsup:

I tried to do this years ago, but at the time no emulator worked fine enough. It was just a question of time.

I just discovered it when I was searching on what windows emulator can use to the android phone. Then, I watched a tutorial video from Youtube, and he used Exagear emulator. And I followed the instructions on how to install it.

Then, It works. So, I tried to install a WTL on the emulator and it also works. 

Now, I have WTL offline [in Tagalog and in English] on my Android phone.

I really love to use it.

1 hour ago, jrnievas said:

I just discovered it when I was searching on what windows emulator can use to the android phone. Then, I watched a tutorial video from Youtube, and he used Exagear emulator. And I followed the instructions on how to install it.

Then, It works. So, I tried to install a WTL on the emulator and it also works. 

Now, I have WTL offline [in Tagalog and in English] on my Android phone.

I really love to use it.

Good that your emulator still works. 👍

For the rest of us we won't be able to use it. Sadly, I think the emulator has been discontinued.😅

If you search on Google for "What happened to ExaGear" you will see many posts saying is will be discontinued on Feb 28, 2019.

Here is one example:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=233989
Eltechs ExaGear Desktop will be discontinued on Feb.28'th 2019

Just now, WilliamChew said:

For the rest of us, we won't be able to use it. Sadly, I think the emulator has been discontinued.😅

If you search on Google for "What happened to ExaGear" you will see many posts saying it will be discontinued on Feb 28, 2019.

Here is one example:

7 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

For the rest of us we won't be able to use it. Sadly, I think the emulator has been discontinued.😅

If you search on Google for "What happened to ExaGear" you will see many posts saying is will be discontinued on Feb 28, 2019.

Here is one example:

On the YT Tutorial, there are links for Exagear emulator and .obb file, to work it well.

😅

I installed exagear emulator last year, month of March. 😅

so, it still works. 😅

18 minutes ago, jrnievas said:

On the YT Tutorial, there are links for Exagear emulator and .obb file, to work it well.

Thanks for your quick reply. I saw the download links in the youtube description.

I guess since eltech.com, the owners of exagear is no more in business, the youtuber is kindly allowing us to download the files from his personal google drive account.

1 hour ago, jayrtom said:

Apparently you can do this with wine which is well known already to run windows on mac

It has also a version for android: Index of /wine-builds/android (winehq.org)

I did some research on Wine some time ago, but on ARM devices (that is, most Android phones and tablets) it would only run Windows RT apps. It will not run normal Win32 or Win64 apps. Besides, you would need a mouse and keyboard connected to your phone, Wine does not emulate input devices.

As for Exagear, I remember I found it a couple years ago and it looked like it could be the solution, but there was no trial version. You had to pay for it (rather expensive) and then you could only return it during the first hour after installing, which was clearly insufficient to install and try Watchtower Library. I would have happily paid for it if I had known it worked, but there was no way to know for sure. If they closed and the app is now abandonware I will be happy to try it.

8 hours ago, carlos said:

I did some research on Wine some time ago, but on ARM devices (that is, most Android phones and tablets) it would only run Windows RT apps. It will not run normal Win32 or Win64 apps. Besides, you would need a mouse and keyboard connected to your phone, Wine does not emulate input devices.

As for Exagear, I remember I found it a couple years ago and it looked like it could be the solution, but there was no trial version. You had to pay for it (rather expensive) and then you could only return it during the first hour after installing, which was clearly insufficient to install and try Watchtower Library. I would have happily paid for it if I had known it worked, but there was no way to know for sure. If they closed and the app is now abandonware I will be happy to try it.

I didn't tried it yet but it appears to be vailable for x86 apps (normal windows apps) and is compatible with touch and android keyboard

image.png.7be7ab996b5e7af57593c3594377963a.png

4 hours ago, jayrtom said:

I didn't tried it yet but it appears to be vailable for x86 apps (normal windows apps) and is compatible with touch and android keyboard

There is a link for the app and .obb file on that YT Tutorial. I used that link to install Exagear, you can also check it if it works on your phone.

4 hours ago, jayrtom said:

Joao, the ARM and x86 files do not refer to the kind of apps it supports but to the kind of processor your service has.

Most Android devices run on an ARM processor so they need the ARM version. A few tablets have an Intel processor that would require the x86 version.

If your processor is Intel you can run normal x86 apps with Wine. But if your processor is ARM (as in most devices) you will only be able to run Windows RT apps.

Anyway if you install it please tell us how it went. I would love to hear it worked. 

6 hours ago, carlos said:

Joao, the ARM and x86 files do not refer to the kind of apps it supports but to the kind of processor your service has.

Most Android devices run on an ARM processor so they need the ARM version. A few tablets have an Intel processor that would require the x86 version.

If your processor is Intel you can run normal x86 apps with Wine. But if your processor is ARM (as in most devices) you will only be able to run Windows RT apps.

Anyway if you install it please tell us how it went. I would love to hear it worked. 

You're right. I was mislead by the x86 part :)