JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 426 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Thursday, February 6

Take courage!—John 16:33.

We can strengthen our courage by thinking about the hope that the ransom sacrifice of Christ makes possible for us. (John 3:16; Eph. 1:7) In the weeks leading up to the Memorial, we have a special opportunity to build our appreciation for the ransom. During that time, keep up with the Memorial Bible reading and prayerfully meditate on the events surrounding Jesus’ death. Then when we gather for the Lord’s Evening Meal, we will understand more fully the significance of the Memorial emblems and the matchless sacrifice that they represent. When we appreciate what Jesus and Jehovah have done for us and understand how it benefits us and our loved ones, our hope grows stronger, and we are motivated to endure courageously to the end. (Heb. 12:3) How grateful we can be that Jesus continues to display humility and courage as our heavenly High Priest, who pleads in our behalf! (Heb. 7:24, 25) To show our appreciation, we must loyally commemorate Jesus’ death, just as he commanded.—Luke 22:19, 20. w19.01 22 ¶8; 23-24 ¶10-11

Okay, I haven't viewed it yet. But all I can say is...

I think this Morning Worship was recorded at the same time as the Monthly Broadcast. He is wearing the same tie (and suit, maybe) in both. (...although perhaps the tie was re-tied in between the two...)

All right, what does this have to do with courage...? :offtopic:

7 hours ago, Sheep said:

I think this Morning Worship was recorded at the same time as the Monthly Broadcast. He is wearing the same tie (and suit, maybe) in both. 

Maybe it's the only time he owns.  .   .   ?

12 minutes ago, Doug said:

Maybe it's the only time he owns.  .   .   ?

I think, "time" here is supposed to be tie. 

What we know for sure is that brother van Selm has at least 2 ties. (the two we have seen so far in the morning worship & broadcasting videos) 

I've seen brother van Selm with at least another tie at a convention. 

Personally I love his taste in ties, if all of his ties are like those we have seen, WOW. 

These are the two we have seen so far: Screenshot_20210517_172414.thumb.jpg.89d7624d6f314b24e303641100f9c330.jpg

11 hours ago, Sheep said:

I think this Morning Worship was recorded at the same time as the Monthly Broadcast. He is wearing the same tie (and suit, maybe) in both. (...although perhaps the tie was re-tied in between the two...)

I was thinking the same thing

13 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

Thursday, February 6

Take courage!—John 16:33.

That is 2020

I appreciate that today I viewed his experience towards the end of annual meeting part 1- 2015.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

We can see that he likes stripes! 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

inner peace is really important. I often thinking about it. How I can speak before the court without inner peace? Without peace, I do not have courage and thinking to speach whats needed... Good video

16 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

Same colors as the German flag 🇩🇪 

this of course is complete coincidence!

It must be a coincidence, because he is originally from the Netherlands :D

37 minutes ago, ijsvogel said:

It must be a coincidence, because he is originally from the Netherlands :D

It would be off course even if he was from Germany 😉

PS: But his name makes one think of a spanish or latin america company "Brothers Van Selm" :D

Edited by jayrtom

I’m sorry. How did this happen? I was serious about an update, and somehow, this is an update on ties. I know our brothers have a fine sense of humor, but...I’m still sorry. I pretty well think anything posted here should be able to be read by all. Including the GB and helpers. 
I know. I’m a kill-joy. Sorry. (Again💐)

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Does anyone know how to send him a tie? i have a few i could spare.

If you wish to send something to a bethelite, just send it to the branch, (or, HQ in his case), and address it to him or her. I am sure a brief letter of appreciation and encouragement is appreciated as well.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I'm sorry if the content of the thread disappointed you sister @Miss Bea. I just think the conversation naturally developed to ties. 

On a more serious note, I liked the fresh approach br. van Selm took on the scripture.

He really showed us how paying attention and analyzing specific words in a text can help us draw more lessons and practical points from a scripture. It was a beautiful talk. 

All of our brothers , and sisters, are to be commended for their attire , they have been announcing before our zoom meetings that unless you are properly attired please leave your video off! Also keep in mind a lot of our brothers do not have the means to keep up with " styles " nor do they care! They do their best and their talks are far above any worldly dress!