JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Fully vaccinated man hospitalized with COVID-19

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1096 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Fully vaccinated Mayfield Heights man hospitalized with COVID-19

“The doctor that I saw at the ER was like ‘you are literally the worse case that I’ve ever seen post-vaccination,’” said Hrepic.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/continuing-coverage/coronavirus/local-coronavirus-news/fully-vaccinated-mayfield-heights-man-hospitalized-with-covid-19

Yep. There is always at least one. 

One died from the vaccine, millions didn’t. 
One had a bad reaction to the vaccine, millions didn’t. 
One caught Covid badly enough to be hospitalised after being vaccinated, millions didn’t. 

Sad but what’s the point of the story? Apart from being used by those who are against vaccines anyway. 

There has been at least 6 that quickly come to mind locally who have died suddenly in local congregations to me. (Not covid as far as I am aware) A rough time to be honest.  Millions haven’t died suddenly though. 

My neighbours four year old wee lass fell from a third floor window recently and was very badly hurt. Sick in my stomach even mentioning it to be honest. However millions of kids have not fallen from windows. 

As long as the story is used for what it is, a sad case for that gentleman and not to push an agenda of see vaccines don’t work statements that can grow arms and legs as they are spread, then fine. We don’t know what other conditions this gentleman has that may have contributed to his situation. 
Either way I really do hope he recovers. Both him and his family must be very worried. 

Edited by Mykyl

This news is like watching a news item of a car that went over a person on the side walk and then we start thinking we must be cautios to walk on the sidewalk... or worse, we should be cautios to stand anywhere outside as a tree myght fall on our heads... better still, we should be cautios to live because we may die on a moments notice

From the article

“Even if you’ve had two vaccines, you may be one of those five in 100 people who didn’t respond to it,” said Hoyen.

5 out of 100 people don't respond to the vaccine?  That's 20%.  Did she misspeak and the journalist fail to follow up on this comment?  

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

From the article

5 out of 100 people don't respond to the vaccine?  That's 20%.  Did she misspeak and the journalist fail to follow up on this comment?  

I guess I didn't watch the video close enough.  I didn't hear anyone say 20%.  I may have to watch it again.

Also, he said he had been fully vaccinated 3 weeks before he was diagnosed with COVID.  Maybe it just took longer for his immune system to develop immunity.  

Not related to the quote:  Originally, I heard that the vaccine was 95% effective in preventing people from GETTING the virus.  The 5% that did get the virus had less severe symptoms.  It was 100% effective against people dying from the virus.  At least that was what I heard months ago.

You can get struck with lightning without seeing a cloud in the sky, but that won't stop me from going outside.

Edited by Witness1970

4 minutes ago, Witness1970 said:

I guess I didn't watch the video close enough.  I didn't hear anyone say 20%.  I may have to watch it again.

Oh, geez.  I'm stupid.  5 out of 100 is 5%.  

I'm sorry folks.  It was early and a very stressful week.  We are awaiting our fourth attempt at having appliances delivered.  It's fried my brain.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.  He can't do math.

Wizard Of Oz GIF

1 minute ago, Shawnster said:

Oh, geez.  I'm stupid.  5 out of 100 is 5%.  

I'm sorry folks.  It was early and a very stressful week.  We are awaiting our fourth attempt at having appliances delivered.  It's fried my brain.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.  He can't do math.

Wizard Of Oz GIF

No problem.  I have done the same thing at times.  1/5 is 20%.  Easy to see where you got the number.