JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Fitness fun thread: What was your cardio today?

Abs. I train during my Bible Reading. It's been a week and there are impressive results already.

(I'm doing the 3 months schedule for the Bible reading so I have plenty of time for these sessions) (on the first day, it hurt a lot, now it's ok)

Edited by Dages

^ My husband is also doing something similar. 💪

Does housework and gardening count?😅

Let’s see…this morning going up and down 4 flights of stairs 10x, 100 jumps on the mini-trampoline, weightlifting squats x 30, arm weight training, 3 min.plank, glute bridges x20, ballet dances to some great emotional but expressive music from the Voice. Also body stretches like Pidgin move.

But still going out later this aft.to go on the scooter and inline skating with the family since the weather is finally beautiful and sunny.😎 

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdominal_exercise

Abdominal exercises are a type of strength exercise that affect the abdominal muscles (colloquially known as the stomach muscles or "abs"). Human abdominal consist of four muscles which are your rectus abdomens, internal oblique, external oblique, and transversus abdominis. When performing abdominal exercises it is important to understand the effects, functions, the types of exercises, and think about how to perform this exercise safely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So9gERcgEdY

5 Ab Exercises for Women Over 50 (How to Get a Flatter Stomach!)

lol.  You guys crack me up. 

Seriously though, anyone here with the common interest of physical fitness and working out? I'd love to "meet" some Friends with common interests (in addition to our love for Jehovah of course).

Edited by Michelle81

15 minutes ago, Michelle81 said:

lol.  You guys crack me up. 

Seriously though, anyone here with the common interest of physical fitness and working out? I'd love to "meet" some Friends with common interests (in addition to our love for Jehovah of course).

Sorry, my idea of fitness is when I try to fitness a whole sandwich in my mouth....🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 5/30/2021 at 1:20 AM, Lieblingskind said:

^ My husband is also doing something similar. 💪

Does housework and gardening count?😅

Let’s see…this morning going up and down 4 flights of stairs 10x, 100 jumps on the mini-trampoline, weightlifting squats x 30, arm weight training, 3 min.plank, glute bridges x20, ballet dances to some great emotional but expressive music from the Voice. Also body stretches like Pidgin move.

But still going out later this aft.to go on the scooter and inline skating with the family since the weather is finally beautiful and sunny.😎 

Whew!...thats enough for me, I got tired just reading this!...:surrender:

4 hours ago, Lieblingskind said:

My motto is just have fun and think about whatever bad things are growing in our bodies is being shaken off…

I try to drown them instead...🍷

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 weeks later...

I had joined a gym online during covid to try to stay motivated. Some of the cardio activities I enjoy are dancing and walking. I sometimes do jacks, box squats, leg lifts. standing leg raises, and then incorporate weights. I find my heart rate skyrockets much more significantly if I'm doing weight bearing exercises. I also use youtube videos for in-home walking. Leslie Sansome, Joanna Soh, and Keomi are some of my favorites.

I walked 25 km last week, but that's a very minimal amount. 

My focus is more on protein intake, water intake, and maintaining a certain caloric value. I am a menopausal woman, so that also adds a layer of 'fun' to the mix. I seen a shift in my weight loss pattern when I dropped coffee, and sugar. These days I'm doing 100g of protein, drinking 2L or more of water, walking 30 minutes per day (sometimes less, sometimes more) I've noticed a huge jump in my energy levels by ensuring these things get done. I also supplement with a multivitamin and iron. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 12:19 AM, ReadYourBible said:

I walked the high school running track today with my granddaughters, for a total of 3km, we could have done more, but it was lunchtime. Water 2L. Cals 1700, a bit high for the day. 

I ran 5 miles today for the first time since hurting my leg 5 months ago.  I went very slow; still, it felt so good to run again; I'm so grateful to Jehovah!!! ❤️ 

Edited by Michelle81