JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BIG EYES - A drama about the awakening of painter Margaret Keane, who became a JW

Hey! Today at AXN I was watching this movie: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1126590/

All of sudden the main character takes a bible study on the "truth" book. Then I remember Ive read her experience decades ago. So here it is:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101975483?q=big+eyes+paintings&p=par

❤️

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2017/12/27/big-eyes-margaret-keane/

“As if goaded by a kind of frantic despair, I sketched these dirty, ragged little victims of the war with their bruised, lacerated minds and bodies, their matted hair and runny noses. Here my life as a painter began in earnest,” said Walter during a TV interview, claiming that he portrayed the children in post-war Berlin. Margaret went along with the fraud, but she felt devastated. Those children were part of herself, an important one. She temporarily lost her hearing during a mastoid operation when she was a child and learned to follow people’s eyes to understand them.

Margaret Keane is in our circuit and I use to see her at our circuit assemblies. She was started on hospice several years ago and I heard she is stable. She donated several paintings to the the Assembly Hall that are still on display.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Thank you for introducing me to this movie. It looks like she is still active. This story is a very interesting experience. Also because there are not many movies that are positive about Jehovah’s Witnesses.

I know there was a secular independent film which (positively) portrays about the conscientious objection of Jehovah’s Witnesses, but never a movie on a big screen portraying a life story of a single individual.

Though this movie seems to focus more about her past life rather than her life as Jehovah’s Witnesses, this shall be a good topic to discuss when sharing experiences during family worship and during ministry.