JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Will Terrorism Ever End?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 958 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This is the second article in the article series “More Topics.”

This series covers a range of topics and includes many of the articles that have been featured on the home page of jw.org. Use these articles and videos to strengthen your faith in the practical wisdom found in the Bible.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&pub=mrt&srcid=share

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Very good article. But can I ask what exactly is the difference between “More Topics” (mrt) and Bible Questions Answered (ijwbq)? It seems to me that even the topics covered in More Topics such as the Apocalypse article and the Terrorism article are asked and answered from biblical point of view, so the two category seems conflicting.

Edited by Hinata

Very good article. But can I ask what exactly is the difference between “More Topics” (mrt) and Bible Questions Answered (ijwbq)? It seems to me that even the topics covered in More Topics such as the Apocalypse article and the Terrorism article are asked and answered from biblical point of view, so the two category seems conflicting.

All articles in our series are always answered from a biblical point of view. This series, I am told, will include topics that do not fall under any of the other topics available.

The topic “Bible Questions Answered” answers the question “What does the Bible really teach?” and covers the Bible and related themes, such as questions about God’s Kingdom.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

This series, I am told, will include topics that do not fall under any of the other topics available.

I see. Nontheless it seems this article may be approriate for the upcoming 20th memorialisation of the September 11 attack.

Actually this is article 34. And we already had article 33. Do we know what happened to articles 1-32?

You are correct that the article has number 34. It is also correct that these are the first two articles to be published in this category.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Judging by the picture for the "More Topic" category 501100023_univ_lsr_lg.jpg

I would say the other 32 come from articles already posted under different categories and may be moved over to this new one.  Many articles under the "Bible Teachings > Peace and Happiness" are seen in this picture.  Also these don't appear in the Article Series in JW Library or Watchtower Online Library yet.  

Judging by the picture for the "More Topic" category 501100023_univ_lsr_lg.jpg
I would say the other 32 come from articles already posted under different categories and may be moved over to this new one.  Many articles under the "Bible Teachings > Peace and Happiness" are seen in this picture.  Also these don't appear in the Article Series in JW Library or Watchtower Online Library yet.  

Correct. This is what I posted earlier in this thread: It “includes many of the articles that have been featured on the home page of jw.org.”

Very first post, actually. They have not yet been added to the article series.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 2 months later...

About the 9/11 attack, it´s interesting this paragraph from awake  g71 8/22 p. 6-7

(...) Another aspect of such military spending is that nothing of real value is produced. Wars and preparations for war are destructive of a nation’s (taxpayers’) wealth. When two opposing countries build planes and tanks for war, nothing has been produced that contributes any lasting economic benefit. When those weapons are used to destroy buildings, factories, cities and lands, how much wealth is produced? Are the cost, and use, of all that making the nations richer or poorer? You know the answer.»

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

About the 9/11 attack, it´s interesting this paragraph from awake  g71 8/22 p. 6-7

(...) Another aspect of such military spending is that nothing of real value is produced. Wars and preparations for war are destructive of a nation’s (taxpayers’) wealth. When two opposing countries build planes and tanks for war, nothing has been produced that contributes any lasting economic benefit. When those weapons are used to destroy buildings, factories, cities and lands, how much wealth is produced? Are the cost, and use, of all that making the nations richer or poorer? You know the answer.»

Could easily be refering to any war, planes are used to bomb buildings all the time. Look at WW2 and the Blitz.