JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Are JWs Opposed to Vaccination?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1017 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Sr. Nanacy said..."They haven’t been meeting every Wednesday this past year? You could  meet in groups under 10 prior to the vaccine. "

Even today, non-vaccinated Special Full-Time Servants (like Bethel and COs) are limited to 6 persons and outside only.  This has been in effect for more than a year. Government rules are not Bethel rules...💗

Edited by jwhess

12 hours ago, Littlecat said:

They haven’t been meeting every Wednesday this past year?

Yes, they have been meeting - by video conference just like the rest of us. The difference is that now that the entire GB is fully vaccinated they can meet "in-person" instead of video conference.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 7/18/2021 at 9:56 AM, Qapla said:

Yes, they have been meeting - by video conference just like the rest of us. The difference is that now that the entire GB is fully vaccinated they can meet "in-person" instead of video conference.

I don't think we can infer something that they didn't say.

It is possible, but they clearly had a reason for NOT saying ALL the GB are vaccinated. We should honor that decision and not jump to a conclusion.

Perhaps they didn't want ones to use their, the GBs, decision as a hammer to beat others with. So, let's not.

They are telling us it's our choice and want to leave it to each of us to choose.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

17 minutes ago, trottigy said:

I don't think we can infer something that they didn't say.

It is possible, but they clearly had a reason for NOT saying ALL the GB are vaccinated. We should honor that decision and not jump to a conclusion.

Perhaps they didn't want ones to use their, the GBs, decision as a hammer to beat others with. So, let's not.

They are telling us it's our choice and want to leave it to each of us to choose.

They did say, in print.  The "Special Full-Time Servant" published rules state they can't meet together indoors unless vaccinated.  Every elder has a copy of the rules.  I certainly don't believe that the most prominent "Special Full-Time Servants" who are living in the World Headquarters buildings and able to be observed by all the other "Special Full-Time Servants" living in the same building, would say..."Well, we are extra-special so we don't need to follow the published rules".  Do you?

They have humility and they made the rules...💗

Note: this is the main focus of paragraph 4 in the Covid-19 rules published and updated weekly. 

4. In view of the added layer of protection...

Edited by jwhess

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

They did say, in print.  The "Special Full-Time Servant" published rules state they can't meet together indoors unless vaccinated.  Every elder has a copy of the rules.  I certainly don't believe that the most prominent "Special Full-Time Servants" who are living in the World Headquarters buildings and able to be observed by all the other "Special Full-Time Servants" living in the same building, would say..."Well, we are extra-special so we don't need to follow the published rules".  Do you?

They have humility and they made the rules...💗

Note: this is the main focus of paragraph 4 in the Covid-19 rules published and updated weekly. 

4. In view of the added layer of protection...

Why do you suppose they didn't say how many of the governing body members are vaccinated?

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

49 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Why do you suppose they didn't say how many of the governing body members are vaccinated?

I don't know about you, but to me it is obvious.  If you state (in print) that the ONLY way you can meet indoors with other "Special Full-Time Servants" is if you are all vaccinated, then I guess it is obvious. Seems like the so-called 'no-brainer'...🙂

3 hours ago, jwhess said:

I don't know about you, but to me it is obvious.  If you state (in print) that the ONLY way you can meet indoors with other "Special Full-Time Servants" is if you are all vaccinated, then I guess it is obvious. Seems like the so-called 'no-brainer'...🙂

According to that directive, if there was less than six of them unvaccinated they could all still meet together correct?

I'm not sure it's as much of a no-brainer as one might think.

It seems more of a no-brainer to think - they had a reason to not say exactly how many of them were or were not vaccinated. They very likely did not want to be used as a hammer on others.

I like how they just assume everyone of our brothers and sisters, vaccinated and not vaccinated, are making a choice based on their love of life and God. I'm certain they wouldn't want to be used as a hammer to beat their brothers and sisters into a particular choice.

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

46 minutes ago, trottigy said:

According to that directive, if there was less than six of them unvaccinated they could all still meet together correct?

No that is not true.  Non-vaccinated can meet OUTDOORS in groups of 6 or less if masked and separated by the social distancing rules.  None of those requirements were met in the video.

Paragraph 5 begins several pages of "what if you are not vaccinate" rules...

5. ...not vaccinated, should adhere to the following direction:

Edited by jwhess

13 minutes ago, jwhess said:

No that is not true.  Non-vaccinated can meet OUTDOORS in groups of 6 or less if masked and separated by the social distancing rules.  None of those requirements were met in the video.

Paragraph 5 begins several pages of "what if you are not vaccinate" rules...

5. ...not vaccinated, should adhere to the following direction:

I need to apologize to Br. Jerry.  The updated rules (paragraph 5, 3rd bullet point) for our area (Ohio) DOES allow non- "fully vaccinated" members to host an INDOOR gathering of 6 or less but must wear masks, social distance and keep a dated log of attendees. There are a variety of other conditions about quarantine and non fulltime persons and so on.  The regs change weekly.  So in my previous statement ..only  one of the requirements are met.

3 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

Why do you suppose they did show ALL the GB members reunited on the same table without masks?

Surely it was not to pressure the friends to accept a vaccine they don't feel comfortable with. :)

I think the purpose was to show that activity at Bethel is gradually going back to normal and that's good news.

1 hour ago, carlos said:

Surely it was not to pressure the friends to accept a vaccine they don't feel comfortable with. :)

I think the purpose was to show that activity at Bethel is gradually going back to normal and that's good news.

My comment was not meant to indicate that - Just that, in response to Jerry's question, showing that image indeed was statint that all the GB members are vaccinated, no need to state it verbatim.

Surely it was not to pressure the friends to accept a vaccine they don't feel comfortable with.

Maybe it was to build the confidence level and assure those hesitant that while the vaccine has pros and cons, it’s okay to simple accept it an move on. Just a thought to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk