JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Khconf not working

Hi Apologies in advance but i searched for an answer to my question on this forum and im sure it will have been covered but could not find it, so hoping someone can help me and others out :praying:

I have  samsung s20 fe phone running android 11 and khconf refuses to work. When i press the call button khconf just closes.

I have tried in the settings to change things including the fix audio bug for samsung devices but nothing works.

Many brothers and sisters locally are having the same problem and if you look at the reviews on the Google playstore for khconf many have been asking for months now for a fix for the khconf app on devices using android 11.

Does anybody know if Khconf have offered any reply to this problem ? Anybody got their khconf to work on android 11 ?

Thanks for any help :pray:

Have you emailed them support@khconf.com and explained the problem.

I don't know if the developers read the reviews.  But the Google PlayStore review section is not the place to get help or support.  You need to contact them directly.

Do you have other means of listening to the meetings?  Can you use the phone number and call rather than using the app, or use the Zoom phone.

I'm just guessing here but I had assumed that since we started using Zoom that most congregations probably cancelled their KHConf service and it went out of business.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I'm just guessing here but I had assumed that since we started using Zoom that most congregations probably cancelled their KHConf service and it went out of business.

We use KHConf a well as zoom. There are a few that do not have any internet or smart phone. Our meetings begin with " We welcome all those on KHconf a on Zoom that are with us today..." or similar. We have about a dozen that use KHconf.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 minutes ago, Old said:

We use KHConf a well as zoom. There are a few that do not have any internet or smart phone. Our meetings begin with " We welcome all those on KHconf a on Zoom that are with us today..." or similar. We have about a dozen that use KHconf.

Thanks. I didn't know it was still being used.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

most congregations probably cancelled their KHConf service and it went out of business.

Since, as I understand it, KHConf is now owned by the Branch, I doubt it will "go out of business"

There is a "dial in number" for Zoom meetings for those who cannot connect with the app.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Yes KHConf is still being used.  And KHConf has increase the number of connections for each congregation.  It is possible to link Zoom with KHConf.  Its been a lifeline to the few without internet and listen in to the meetings.  We have tried to get them to use the Zoom dial-in number.  A few do, but the others do not.  One reason is entering all the numbers to connect to the meeting.  KHConf is a simple local phone number.  Their phone number is whitelisted, so they don't even need to enter the pin.  But if they are happy to listen in that way, then we are happy they are getting the meeting.

The problem is that sister cannot use the KHConf listen-in app on her android 11 device.  It still works on older android devices.  Not sure why she is not using Zoom.  Data costs maybe?  

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

most congregations probably cancelled their KHConf service

We did, those without smartphones still can dial in and listen to the meeting. 

It's easier to have one system going.

Before I had (and other brothers) paid Zoom account for field service, but now we use account from Branch - perfect! 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Hi thanks for all the replies much appreciated.

1  Yes have emailed khconf support but no reply in 2 months

2 We have never been told about dialling into zoom so will ask about that it seems to be the answer thanks !

3  We have 10 minute meetings every morning so sometimes i am out and about and only have my phone hence the need to use khconf as data costs on zoom would be costly

I use zoom on laptop for the Sunday and Tuesday meetings so no problem there unlike our Watchtower conductor whose sound is constantly low for the first 3 seconds every time he starts to speak, will post about that seperately as its a different issue but no one here seems able to fix it for him 😪

Thanks again Brothers :notworthy:

36 minutes ago, Charliechuck94 said:

will post about that seperately as its a different issue but no one here seems able to fix it for him

Check that thread as I posted a possible solution.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~