JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bible Tours Africa - Free Virtual Safari

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 997 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Admin, I wasn't sure where to put this as I didn't want to put it on a public forum.  If this not the appropriate place,  feel free to admonish me. 😉

I received an email this morning with this invitation and thought I would share it for anyone who would like to join. :)  

https://www.bible-tours.co.uk/safari/invite.jpg

invite.jpg

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

2 hours ago, happiness IS said:

7 pm (UK)     2 am  (near Singapore)  ☹️

https://24timezones.com/difference/uk/singapore

Australia's time zone  should be around midnight if I'm not mistaken. Well at least the eastern part.

Thanks Sister Terri.

We are only 2 hours ahead of Singapore ...so this makes ungodly 4am for us here in Melbourne .

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 hours ago, happiness IS said:

You could also asked the mods to transfer your post to this thread. 

That post is in a publicly visible forum and I thought it might be better to just keep it to the brothers and sisters. However, if the admins feel differently, of course they can move it where they want. :)

Unfortunately I, too, am 7 hours ahead of the UK so not a viable option for me, either. 😭 I would loved to have seen it. Back in the '60s my dad used to work at Kruger NP flying helicopters for the wildlife officers to stun the animals so they could be caught and transported to zoos. Maybe they'll do another one sometime at a time more suitable for us down here in the Southern hemisphere. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

12 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

However, if the admins feel differently, of course they can move it where they want. :)

We'll let you choose to either move it to the Worldwide Brotherhood group or merge it with the suggested JW Tours topic in the same section. It's better there than here in the Fake News forum 😉

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

It will be interesting to see how this planned zoom tour will perform, as the invitation is circling the whole world.

How many potential participants will be able to log in? How stable the meeting (tour) will be? 

The "magnet" word FREE has a potential to attract many thousands of people. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

either move it to the Worldwide Brotherhood group or merge it with the suggested JW Tours topic in the same section. It's better there than here in the Fake News forum

The problem is the option to put the thread in the Worldwide Brotherhood will allow outsiders to see the invitation when it is meant only for jwtalk members. I guess this being a one off invite, it should just remain where it is until we can think of a more suitable place to put it. 

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

It will be interesting to see how this planned zoom tour will perform, as the invitation is circling the whole world.

How many potential participants will be able to log in? How stable the meeting (tour) will be? 

The "magnet" word FREE has a potential to attract many thousands of people. 

I plan to watch it on youtube

Screenshot_20210801_200216.jpg.513ef73353e35e1834ee0af624f27fb6.jpg  :D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, happiness IS said:

The problem is the option to put the thread in the Worldwide Brotherhood will allow outsiders to see the invitation when it is meant only for jwtalk members. 

Actually they have the information made publicly available. You simply visit bible-tours.co.uk then click the menu then click Live Safari and it takes you to this publicly visible page...

https://www.bible-tours.co.uk/live-safari.php

Members cannot post off-topic in private forums just to try and hide from posting in public forums. Your post will get moved to the proper category.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

On 8/1/2021 at 10:52 PM, New World Explorer said:

We will find out soon, in 2h20m 🤣

Both me and my wife will be attending, or forever waiting at the door...

🤣🤣🤣

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

3 hours ago, Paulo said:

We are out, seems they already had more than 1000 connections.

Have fun if you managed to get in.

Going to check the stream in youtube.

My wife an I got in, we started 45 min to connect on zoom before it should start. The brothers was very well dressed after the tour. The guide was asked several questions. They told us that in this 1000 attending it was more that 60 different countries. The wonderful about it was the guide said Jehovahs creation many times and you didnt hear......for ....years this was evoluted/developed (dont know the right word, sorry).

We were planning to connect 30m before but was already too late.

The youtube streaming was very nice and we saw the whole tour anyway.

We already checked the australian tours that the brother mentioned and will also see them later.

August and September will be the tour months, already planning to attend 4 tours in Portuguese :dance:

Edited by Paulo

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

I figured the timing wrong for us in Texas.  Thought it should be 2 pm; but it was at 1 pm.  We saw part of it. Very good with good explainations. Saw elephants, impalas, and leopard, which was close to road, about to fall asleep.  They answered good questions at end. Said mosquitoes pollinate like bees. Showed like 7,000 watching & they had expected 1,000. They are planning another on Sat. Aug. 15.  Hope I can figure the tome zones better by then.

This is the same safari first shown on August 7th. They are showing it again for those who missed out due to other commitments or time zone issues.

This tour is completely free of charge. If you would like to donate visit: www.bible-tours.co.uk/safari/donate.

Edited by luisenriquereyes

On 8/8/2021 at 10:00 AM, steeringwheel said:

I figured the timing wrong for us in Texas.  Thought it should be 2 pm; but it was at 1 pm.  We saw part of it. Very good with good explainations. Saw elephants, impalas, and leopard, which was close to road, about to fall asleep.  They answered good questions at end. Said mosquitoes pollinate like bees. Showed like 7,000 watching & they had expected 1,000. They are planning another on Sat. Aug. 15.  Hope I can figure the tome zones better by then.

Brother Charles,

If you go to the upcoming video's YouTube address:  

you will see that you can set a REMINDER for when the video is going LIVE.

397545729_ScreenShot2021-08-09at10_22_21AM.thumb.png.303dc9c443977c8115d7313f4646cd44.png

I have the REMINDER turned on for me, cuz I got busy and completely forgot about it. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

23 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Brother Charles,

If you go to the upcoming video's YouTube address:  

you will see that you can set a REMINDER for when the video is going LIVE.

I have the REMINDER turned on for me, cuz I got busy and completely forgot about it. :D 

Thanks, I also see they have 5 pm Uk.  Thanks again.