JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

California Destructive Fires

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 872 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

28 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Some cases of disaster relief for victims of the Paradise fire are still unresoved or just recently resolved. Now some of the same area is involved in a new fire disaster. The good news is our brothers will be thoroughly prepared ahead of time, whether for  evacuation or caring for the needs of the victims.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

4 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

What do we expect when you put houses, etc in harms way? This area was made to burn. 

And where you live it was not made to burn?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

21 minutes ago, Old said:

And where you live it was not made to burn?

This is one reason that the trees I panted 28 years ago on my property that were near the house have all been taken down, all but one, however directly behind me is a tree nursery with plenty of trees that could wreck havoc on the 6 homes that line that area! 😧

Well, even Las Vegas is affected by the fires.

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/wildfire-smoke-triggers-unhealthy-air-quality-alert-for-the-las-vegas-valley/

An air quality alert for smoke and ozone is in effect for Clark County through Sunday. "Unhealthy levels of smoke" from the wildfire in Northern California are drifting and looming over the Las Vegas valley, according to the Clark County Department of Environment and Sustainability (DES).

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

12 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Keep it. What blows to Vegas, stays in Vegas....😁

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 8/8/2021 at 11:08 AM, bagwell1987 said:

Biggest fire in Cali. history

California.

The Dixie fire is over half a million acres and over 6000 firefighters are involved.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

California.

The Dixie fire is over half a million acres and over 6000 firefighters are involved.

Yes, :) Cali is the abreviation for the official name of the city: Santiago de Cali in Columbia.

AUGUST 16, 2021 - on our website
UNITED STATES

California Wildfires Cause Ongoing Destruction

Multiple wildfires are causing devastation in California, U.S.A. The largest is the Dixie Fire, which has grown to encompass more than 187,562 hectares (463,476 acres). Currently, it is the second-largest fire in California’s history.

Effect on Our Brothers and Sisters

• 415 publishers have been displaced or evacuated

• 17 homes have been destroyed

• 2 homes have sustained heavy damage

23 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

The largest is the Dixie Fire, which has grown to encompass more than 187,562 hectares (463,476 acres). Currently, it is the second-largest fire in California’s history.

It is currently 578,897 Acres.

I suppose it is easier said than done but it seems odd to me that they can afford to carpet bomb cities with hundreds of planes in one run to kill people but they can't afford to carpet bomb with water or fire retardant to save lives or natural resources.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Resources Assigned

CAL FIRE owns and operates over 3,000 fire and emergency response and resource protection vehicles. In support of its ground forces, the CAL FIRE emergency response air program includes 23 Grumman S-2T 1,200 gallon airtankers, 12 UH-1H Super Huey helicopters, and 16 OV-10A airtactical. From 13 air attack and 10 helitack bases located statewide, aircraft can reach most fires within 20 minutes.

Currently assigned to the Dixie Fire:

20 Helicopters

516 Engines

203 Dozers

186 Water Tenders

5,963 Personnel

103 Crews

https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/2021/7/14/dixie-fire/

Edited by Tortuga

"As of Tuesday, Cal Fire reports that the Dixie Fire has now grown to a total of 604,511 acres (around 944 square miles). It remains 31 percent contained.

This means that the Dixie Fire is now more than double the land area in size compared to Los Angeles (around 468 square miles). It is also approaching the size of the smallest state, Rhode Island (which is around 1,034 square miles)."

16 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Resources Assigned

CAL FIRE owns and operates over 3,000 fire and emergency response and resource protection vehicles. In support of its ground forces, the CAL FIRE emergency response air program includes 23 Grumman S-2T 1,200 gallon airtankers, 12 UH-1H Super Huey helicopters, and 16 OV-10A airtactical. From 13 air attack and 10 helitack bases located statewide, aircraft can reach most fires within 20 minutes.

Currently assigned to the Dixie Fire:

20 Helicopters

516 Engines

203 Dozers

186 Water Tenders

5,963 Personnel

103 Crews

https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/2021/7/14/dixie-fire/

Add to these resources Interagency Mutual Aid agreements including Federal - State - Local resources.

5 minutes ago, JW2017 said:

I have Witness family in California that have been evacuated for over one month now due to one of the fires and the resulting smoke.  But they should be going home soon and their homes are okay.  However, they have friends that lost everything.

Which city are they in?