JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Organizational Accomplishments—Tips for Using JW Library

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 937 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-mwbv_202109_3_VIDEO

This is very useful. Our FSGO endeavours to share at least one JW Library tip at every FSM. Glad to have a video to refer back to. Looking forward to considering this at the midweek meetings. 

I appreciate the review. I just went over my 2013 am notes just on this past Monday. 

To get the 2013 revision of NWT and jw library at same time was awesome.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

4 hours ago, AH173 said:

I appreciate the review. I just went over my 2013 am notes just on this past Monday. 

To get the 2013 revision of NWT and jw library at same time was awesome.

Great memories.  i can recall when someone asked (back then) why we called it a JW LIBRARY app when it only had a bible in it....😀

Does anyone recall when the JWLibrary feature to "start reading audio at a specific verse" was introduced?

Brother Fernandez: When you are in the app, do you ever wish you could start listening to audio recordings at a specific verse instead of starting at the beginning of the chapter? Now you can! Tap a bible verse number then tap the play button.

This also works in other publications like, the Watchtower and the material we’re studying in the congregation Bible study.Thanks a lot.

33 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

Thanks >:D<

Interesting footnote that our streaming and downloads costs US$1.5 million.

Wow! I thought it was free for the organization.

At the end of the April 2016 JWB Bro. William Malenfant says "If we download them the files we can play the song over and over with no extra cost to the organization." And I thought he worded it in an odd way. Now i gyess it makes sence.

I'm loving the multi device /platform ability as well as the backup /restore feature. I use this constantly! 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

7 hours ago, Skye said:

Wow! I had no idea it cost that much! Now it makes more sense why it's better to share links. :yes:

I’m not sure I understand. If you share a link, the file is downloaded/streamed for the other person. It’s okay anyway :)

I think if we want to save coast for our organization is to download files (especially videos) which we are going to play repeatedly. I think music videos is a good example. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

4 hours ago, Michał said:

I’m not sure I understand. If you share a link, the file is downloaded/streamed for the other person. It’s okay anyway :)

I think if we want to save coast for our organization is to download files (especially videos) which we are going to play repeatedly. I think music videos is a good example. 

That's what I do.  I don't stream anything - all the songs and videos I want to play are uploaded to my Google Drive and downloaded to my phone.  I don't like glitches or breaks in streaming service that can be experienced.  It's my version of having a "hard copy"... and when I heard it saved the Branch money, I was even happier!  :) 

For me it's every time I either highlight or make a note within jw library. It varies but it's frequent-probably every 3-5 days. 

Many devices + frequent research and study = many backups 

7 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

Where did you get that please?

It's a windows app it seems 

Screenshot_20210903-103053_kindlephoto-97781048.png