JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 930 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Fierce Hurricane Larry churning across the Atlantic, could be even stronger than Ida. East Coast could face 'life-threatening' surf.   

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/09/05/powerful-hurricane-larry-could-be-stronger-than-ida/5740597001/

Larry, now a Category 3 hurricane, could intensify into a Category 4 storm, possibly by Sunday, Accuweather meteorologists said. A Category 4 hurricane, as Ida was when it made landfall in Louisiana, has sustained winds of 130 to 156 mph.

If Larry's sustained winds increase above 150 mph, it would become the strongest storm in the Atlantic this year – even stronger than Ida, Accuweather said.

The storm was expected to churn across the open waters of the Atlantic for several more days, but it could eventually approach Bermuda around the middle of the week and move close to North America, Accuweather said.

"At this point, it is most likely that Larry will miss the United States and stay a few hundred miles away from the Northeast coast," Accuweather said.

Whew!  Great place for a large hurricane like Larry to stay...hundreds of miles from land.  👍

Hope our brothers and sisters in Bermuda will be safe. :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I think it was supposed to be .... "this is my brother, Darryl and that's my other brother, Daryl"

They had slightly different spellings

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Boy, did the US ever dodge a bullet with Scary Larry!  

The eye of the average hurricane is 20 or so miles wide.

Larry's eye is 70 miles wide!   :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Isn't Larry supposed to dump a ton of snow on Greenland now? How often does Greenland ever get a hurricane let alone one that dumps several feet of snow on it? I didn't know hurricanes could do that.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D