JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"The Chosen" TV series (Jesus & Disciples drama)

15 hours ago, Hope said:

I'm watching this series now (on Amazon Prime). It's very nice... made my son cry twice in one episode- healing the leper? 🥲  I love the diversity of the cast, too.

I do hope our production doesn't have all American accents... just saying.. 😉

Is it available for free streaming or download?

On 3/14/2022 at 5:24 PM, Jay D said:

I find it fascinating Satan's system has created a blockbuster of a series whilst Jehovah's organization is creating our own. Interesting, never thought Satan and Christ would be influencing their followers to create rival series 🤣🤣

I find it typical.  In the tour at the Met in NY we were shown that Satan was aware of the promise of an offspring coming from the woman (Gen 3:15) and all down through the ages he has presented an alternative fulfillment of that scripture.  Many mother/son dieties but the most glaring, Mary (the woman) and baby Jesus (the Offspring) and look at how they have then been venerated in painting, sculptures etc...Not the scriptural application, but an example of Satan stealing from Jehovah.

Another example?  The rainbow.  A symbol of Jehovah's promise to mankind is now a symbol of perversion.

Satan is a thief with no original thoughts.

On 12/28/2022 at 10:10 PM, Californiamama said:

I find it typical.  In the tour at the Met in NY we were shown that Satan was aware of the promise of an offspring coming from the woman (Gen 3:15) and all down through the ages he has presented an alternative fulfillment of that scripture.  Many mother/son dieties but the most glaring, Mary (the woman) and baby Jesus (the Offspring) and look at how they have then been venerated in painting, sculptures etc...Not the scriptural application, but an example of Satan stealing from Jehovah.

Another example?  The rainbow.  A symbol of Jehovah's promise to mankind is now a symbol of perversion.

Satan is a thief with no original thoughts.

I totally forgot I put a message here and I'm slightly embarrassed by how I worded it. Really sorry about this ... 🥴

On 12/28/2022 at 8:58 PM, Hope said:

I don't know- you'd have to look into it. I'm watching it on Amazon.  I think it's on YouTube, too. 😊

Ok. They have an app. The chosen app. From there all the season could be streamed.

The film maker did a very nice work. I thought the video would be sold, but surprisingly, it's free. And the video quality is superb.

For the first time I'm kind of getting the sense of what it means to live in that society with Roman soldiers detecting things being done. And the tax collectors, young Matthew, hiding to work. Wow, if that is how tax collectors are really viewed, hmmm. That would not have been an easy work to do. 

13 hours ago, Dages said:

I can't wait to watch our version that will be accurate.

Last Sunday episode had the apostles very anxious about their 2 by 2 preaching work... When the Bible teach that they were extremely happy.

Of course, the goodnews according to Jesus will pay more attention to accuracy than this. The chosen is just an effort to at least bring to the secular world a film with visual quality like mainstream films. I appreciate such efforts than this violent, demonic movies that flood the market.

It's good to see a bible based movie about Jesus. It's a secular movie. We won't expect too much from the guy. I doubt if he is even a bible scholar.

13 hours ago, Dages said:

Last Sunday episode had the apostles very anxious about their 2 by 2 preaching work... When the Bible teach that they were extremely happy.

Was this Matthew 10? Because Jesus gives a whole passage to the apostles about not being anxious etc etc..... perhaps that is where the film makers for The Chosen took their lead from? We can be happy to be asked to do something, but we can still be anxious about how it will go.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/nwtsty/40/10

3 hours ago, Parale said:

Was this Matthew 10? Because Jesus gives a whole passage to the apostles about not being anxious etc etc..... perhaps that is where the film makers for The Chosen took their lead from? We can be happy to be asked to do something, but we can still be anxious about how it will go.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/nwtsty/40/10

True, I was mixing with Luke 10 where the 70 came back.

On 12/29/2022 at 3:58 AM, Hope said:

I don't know- you'd have to look into it. I'm watching it on Amazon.  I think it's on YouTube, too. 😊

I can't find it on Amazon. I have searched and it says " The Chosen" and "The Chosen series 1" etc, but there is no sign of it in the list of shows. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

46 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

I can't find it on Amazon. I have searched and it says " The Chosen" and "The Chosen series 1" etc, but there is no sign of it in the list of shows. 

Hmmm... it's there. I watched part of it last weekend.. It's on all these channels:

Screenshot_20230105_195126_Google.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...