JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JWLibrary - Update 12.5 (Apple Mac, Or IMac)

Hey everyone, this announcement is for anyone who is currently using an Apple Mac, Or IMac. You can officially download the app without side loading, opening an APK, and or ZIP file. To date it seems like only M1 Users can access the application. You may be able to trick your Mac to re-download JWLIBRARY if you have it part of your purchase list. This message can be moved into the Tech Pages after like a day or so. Not that many people would venture that deep into the forum. 😂 Happy Digging 

7049C42A-5987-4D59-BB11-8BEB7FFB732C.jpeg

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

Made title more clear, moved to Computers Forum

In our "Computer" section there is a list of all of the operating systems and the version limitations that are now being applied.  Everyone should make sure of their devices being able to keep up with the new releases in the future.  Now is the time for upgrading.

The instructions on JW.ORG says...

"In order to keep JW Library secure and reliable, we cannot continue to support all older operating systems and devices. Occasionally, we need to raise the minimum requirements to run the app. Therefore, we recommend that you update your device to the latest version of its operating system. "

4 hours ago, jwhess said:

Everyone should make sure of their devices being able to keep up with the new releases in the future.  Now is the time for upgrading.

We also got this message on our Android devices..no older software than 5.1.1   ~ I will miss being able to use my old Note 3 phone! John, could you please explain what it means to be able to update the Research Guide in the Study Pane? Thanks!😉

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

4 hours ago, jwhess said:

In our "Computer" section there is a list of all of the operating systems and the version limitations that are now being applied.  Everyone should make sure of their devices being able to keep up with the new releases in the future.  Now is the time for upgrading.

The instructions on JW.ORG says...

"In order to keep JW Library secure and reliable, we cannot continue to support all older operating systems and devices. Occasionally, we need to raise the minimum requirements to run the app. Therefore, we recommend that you update your device to the latest version of its operating system. "

Here is an example of a download failure due to an out-of-date OS.  I just did this today.

JWL-Old OS.jpg

14 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

We also got this message on our Android devices..no older software than 5.1.1   ~ I will miss being able to use my old Note 3 phone! John, could you please explain what it means to be able to update the Research Guide in the Study Pane? Thanks!😉

Sr. Elizabeth, My Research gide does not need updating so it is difficult to show what it looks like.  Br. William Chew has a good explanation in the "Computers" section of this site.  Here is a link (and I added a screenshot of his explanation.

https://jwtalk.net/topic/32973-updates-to-jw-library-ios-android-windows/page/170/?tab=comments#comment-845259

wc download.JPG

• 3 weeks later...