JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sandwiches

Lately I've gotten hooked on Reuben sandwiches. I use keto zero carb bread, raw sauerkraut, corned beef (pastrami is often too salty) Swiss and my own ketchup/mayo mix. Oh my does it ever make me feel good!

What's your favorite sandwich?

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I like a good BLT - especially if I fry heat/cook the tomatoes in the skillet

I also like Liverwurst with Swiss on rye with onions and mustard

For a really good hot sandwich

A good burger with Swiss and grilled onions and mustard

Grilled cheese with onions and/or tomatoes between the slices of cheese ... Swiss, American or White American are the preferred cheeses

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

How about BLTT, adding turkey. A restaurant I worked at in the mid 70's had that. Later I learned it was a clubhouse! Yup, love that one too.

If you put that burger and Swiss with grilled onion on rye you have a patty melt, sign me up!

Love all your descriptions John, yum!

A other one I go weak in the knees for is a Swiss dip, ohhhh dear, love that one.  Au jus is glorious stuff.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

5 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

I like pepperjack too. I think the Downunder version matures with age.
And you don't eat it....

https://www.pepperjack.com.au/

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

But that would make the toast all soggy. :D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2022 at 9:00 AM, bagwell1987 said:

Lately I've gotten hooked on Reuben sandwiches. I use keto zero carb bread, raw sauerkraut, corned beef (pastrami is often too salty) Swiss and my own ketchup/mayo mix. Oh my does it ever make me feel good!

What's your favorite sandwich?

This sounds really good, I must try it 😋🤤

• 2 weeks later...

I make Chicken schnitzel burgers

For my family 

Very quick stand by. 

I buy burger buns. Toast in my toaster. Burger sauce.

Quick cook in fry pan.  Lettuce and tomato. Sometimes a red onion.

Done. 

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Daphne said:

Peppercini

From wikipedia

In the English-speaking world, peperoncini are usually pickled, comparatively mild – most often the variety known in Italy as friggitelli, a fairly sweet cultivar of C. annuum – and commonly used (whole, sliced, or chopped) as a condiment on sandwiches, in salads, and in Italian-style or other Mediterranean-inspired dishes.

• 1 month later...