JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Say Hi! The absolute chit-chat thread ...

1 hour ago, Yuma, Johnny said:

Yo! How's it going in Norway?

It's 8 pm, or 20.00, as we put it. Windy. I was boooored on a Friday night, and so I made this thread. Have been looking into the 'revisit 1918'-thread while waiting for someone to chit-chat with. And how are you tonight?

11 minutes ago, Dages said:

Water Bath GIF

Friday evening is time to relax 😁

That looks just lovely.

So lovely of you both to come over and say hi :thumbsup:

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

My awesome Friday night will now be spent on Netflix. There's an Italian inspector, Montalbano, that is going to solve yet another murder. Justice will be done :superman:

Or maybe I'll end up watching something completely different.

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

Hello from Washington State, USA.  Still at work, so I'm hoping for a boring Friday.  We have a brother who's Norwegian, who ironically lives 3 houses down from where I work.  Thanks to him, I really want to go to Norway.  And because of his accent, he got away with soooooo much going when we were going door to door.  He even told a husband whose wife was ordering her to close the door on us, "You gonna let her tell you what to do?".   If that were us, we'd probably get punched.  :lol1: John Drageland is his name.  

1 hour ago, coolbrz731 said:

Hello from Washington State, USA.  Still at work, so I'm hoping for a boring Friday.  We have a brother who's Norwegian, who ironically lives 3 houses down from where I work.  Thanks to him, I really want to go to Norway.  And because of his accent, he got away with soooooo much going when we were going door to door.  He even told a husband whose wife was ordering her to close the door on us, "You gonna let her tell you what to do?".   If that were us, we'd probably get punched.  :lol1: John Drageland is his name.  

:oops:  Norwegians can be a bit blunt. I don't know him. His last name means Dragonland. Fun fact: My former brother-in-law called me Dragontooth because I was ... eh, direct :whistling: (by Norwegian standard)

I hope that doesn't deter you from coming over :wave:

(*footnote)

3 hours ago, Yuma, Johnny said:

I'm doing awesome. It is a Friday and my comments are being moderated... so you'll see my reply on Saturday sometime..

Oh… so you got Saturday slot? Privileged, … others have to wait till Monday LOL :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 minutes ago, Tronora said:

:oops:  Norwegians can be a bit blunt. I don't know him. His last name means Dragonland. Fun fact: My former brother-in-law called me Dragontooth because I was ... eh, direct :whistling: (by Norwegian standard)

I hope that doesn't deter you from coming over :wave:

Country full of John Dragelands?  What bank do I have to rob to get the plane ticket money?? 😁

3 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

Country full of John Dragelands?  What bank do I have to rob to get the plane ticket money?? 😁

Well, how about the ones that offered subprime mortgages? And was busy with the credit default swap?

I know ... water under the bridge ... still shocking what white-collars can get away with.

Oh, I LOOOOOOOONG for God's kingdom to come!

Sorry for being much too serious for Friday night.

(*footnote)

8 minutes ago, Yuma, Johnny said:

I'd laugh but you won't see it until Tuesday! 

Put LOL at the end of your sentence…the ones with LOL get approval fast 😂

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 minutes ago, Tronora said:

still shocking what white-collars can get away with

I literally just got an email that I now have to attend Lundberge Office Space style corporate meetings ever since I got this new "position"(more responsibility, same pay).  So, I'm white collar now???....hmmmmm....

*Chants to himself, "Jehovah can see you...Jehovah can see you...Jehovah can see you...typing right now.... D'OH!!"  :lol1:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again! :hallo:

Waiting for my meeting to start. 1700 CET (5 pm)

Is there a better way to write 1700 CET? 17.00? It feels not good to write 5 pm, because 5 is veeeery early in the morning. Yes, AM. I know.

In Norwegian, we say "klokka fem" = five o'clock. Wether it's morning or afternoon. But in writing, it's kl 17, if it's five in the afternoon. I miss a prefix in English.

Anyway, logging in to my meeting now :yes:

(*footnote)

2 hours ago, Tronora said:

Is there a better way to write 1700 CET? 17.00? It feels not good to write 5 pm, because 5 is veeeery early in the morning. Yes, AM. I know.

In Norwegian, we say "klokka fem" = five o'clock. Wether it's morning or afternoon. But in writing, it's kl 17, if it's five in the afternoon. I miss a prefix in English.

Sorry Tronora. North America doesn’t use military hours. Took me a few weeks to adjust. 😅

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

2 hours ago, Woanders said:

Sorry Tronora. North America doesn’t use military hours. Took me a few weeks to adjust. 😅

I worked shift work and we used military time. It took me a long time to stop using it..🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

:wave: Hello again!

Just finished my WT study for tomorrow's meeting.

For dinner: Pasta.

And then ... work on my podcast? I am a bit :mellow2:

I think food will help. Let's try that.

(*footnote)

:helen: @Tortuga 

Pasta didn't help.

Sunday is an excellent day for service. Just finished.

Soon meeting. Think I'll hold off on the pasta 'till after ...

Edited by Tronora

(*footnote)

12 minutes ago, Tronora said:

Think I'll hold off on the pasta 'till after ...

That's a good idea. A heavy meal might make you sleepy...:sleeping:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

That's a good idea. A heavy meal might make you sleepy...:sleeping:

I ate pasta ... both before and after ... I wasn't going to ... but then ... whoops!

Still alive :ninja:

(*footnote)