JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Say Hi! The absolute chit-chat thread ...

Troms, what a beautiful area, Sis...looks like paradise!

We haven’t been there yet, but with all of the rugged mountains, glaciers, Alps , perfect fishing

and the Aurora Borealis, WOW !!!

My family originally immigrated from Trondheim 5 or 6 generations ago. Give or take.

We just watched Raw travel originating from Bergen, to visit the inland fjords and shoemakers of Flam, cheese and goat sausage sampling in Underdal, and Sognefjord. Norways longest. 

We are so looking forward to the in person conmemoración, this year...

On 2/4/2022 at 1:28 PM, coolbrz731 said:

Hello from Washington State, USA.  Still at work, so I'm hoping for a boring Friday.  We have a brother who's Norwegian, who ironically lives 3 houses down from where I work.  Thanks to him, I really want to go to Norway.  And because of his accent, he got away with soooooo much going when we were going door to door.  He even told a husband whose wife was ordering her to close the door on us, "You gonna let her tell you what to do?".   If that were us, we'd probably get punched.  :lol1: John Drageland is his name.  

A few years ago down south, in another congregation, during the memorial I caught the glimpse of a man with longer hair, taking detailed notes, Come to find out he would attend the memorial, write down the cited scriptures and afterwards, conduct his own memorial with a small splinter group. He was a return visit, that had newly constructed on the top of his house, a watchtower lookout tower. 

At this memorial I met John who was down visiting ,who explained that this person was his return visit and hopefully new bible study.

The elders were aware, and tried to help. John went back home, and the following year visited again.

This time we took him , his new wife and daughter down to Mexico, and left him down there. How did he escape ? :lol1:

Ask John how he came into the truth, and his first field service experience in Norway, he will have you literally busting up in stitches, He is such a character LOL

What ever became of his Bible Study ?   :poke:

On 3/28/2022 at 4:01 AM, Precision said:

Troms, what a beautiful area, Sis...looks like paradise!

We haven’t been there yet, but with all of the rugged mountains, glaciers, Alps , perfect fishing

and the Aurora Borealis, WOW !!!

My family originally immigrated from Trondheim 5 or 6 generations ago. Give or take.

We just watched Raw travel originating from Bergen, to visit the inland fjords and shoemakers of Flam, cheese and goat sausage sampling in Underdal, and Sognefjord. Norways longest. 

We are so looking forward to the in person conmemoración, this year...

True words about the beauty in Troms :heart:

I am from Trondheim area myself! Moved south to around Oslo, and then north to where I live now. How fun that you keep track of your family's ancestry from 5-6 generations ago. Wow.

I have loved the zoom-time myself ...

What a funny story about this John :laugh: no longer in Mexico

Edited by Tronora

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

Got it :thumbsup:  I hope I will meet John sometime. He sounds like an fun person to be around :lol:

- - -

First hybrid-meeting tomorrow. For me, I remain on Zoom. Thankful for the option.

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

3 minutes ago, Tronora said:

First hybrid-meeting tomorrow. For me, I remain on Zoom. Thankful for the option.

Such a loving provision from our Father. Tronora

I’m so excited to be back, we have a bible study with 5 kids, that says they would like to attend their first Sunday meeting with us tomorrow, but still has to talk to his wife about it...they enjoy studying so much that they asked to study twice a week, and to please study with their kids,  they attended the zoom memorial last year.

On 2/13/2022 at 1:14 PM, Woanders said:

Sorry Tronora. North America doesn’t use military hours. Took me a few weeks to adjust. 😅

Well the military uses it. Lol

Actually when I was a teen and worked at McDonald’s we clocked in and out in military time. The schedule was done in military time. 

The US is weird. Sometimes we used this time, sometimes we use that time, daylight savings, some metric, some imperial, Celsius, Fahrenheit blah blah  

Another thing I bet will be solved in the new system!  We will all use the same measurements for everything!

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

3 hours ago, BLEmom said:

The schedule was done in military time. 

I did shift work for many years and everything was in military time. When I retired it took a long time for me to stop using the 24hr format.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Had a frustrating day at work ( I work at a movie theater), and a lot of the customers were especially annoying to deal with (just kind of rude, and not very friendly). But tomorrow is the first day back at the Kingdom Hall, I prefer Zoom but I am still kind of looking forward to coming back. 

18 hours ago, BLEmom said:

The US is weird.

:laugh:  I once saw a documentary about something. Topic unimportant, BUT I remember a BIG sign I saw: "Please keep Oregon weird" on the side of a building. I think I would have liked it there :laugh: 

I hope not everything is standardised and blueprint all over the world. Cultural differences are flavours to be appreciated when travelling. But some things could definetely be practical to be the same across the board :yes:

14 hours ago, Android89 said:

Had a frustrating day at work ( I work at a movie theater), and a lot of the customers were especially annoying to deal with (just kind of rude, and not very friendly). But tomorrow is the first day back at the Kingdom Hall, I prefer Zoom but I am still kind of looking forward to coming back. 

:encourage:

First hybrid meeting this afternoon for me; special talk 'n all. (Convention next weekend) .  Went very well. I was, as usual, at home on Zoom.

Cat Reaction GIF

We are a small congregation, so hybrid ment using rais hand-symbol for the first time! First answer: Me :laugh:

(*footnote)

On 3/29/2022 at 2:21 PM, Precision said:

A few years ago down south, in another congregation, during the memorial I caught the glimpse of a man with longer hair, taking detailed notes, Come to find out he would attend the memorial, write down the cited scriptures and afterwards, conduct his own memorial with a small splinter group. He was a return visit, that had newly constructed on the top of his house, a watchtower lookout tower. 

At this memorial I met John who was down visiting ,who explained that this person was his return visit and hopefully new bible study.

The elders were aware, and tried to help. John went back home, and the following year visited again.

This time we took him , his new wife and daughter down to Mexico, and left him down there. How did he escape ? :lol1:

Ask John how he came into the truth, and his first field service experience in Norway, he will have you literally busting up in stitches, He is such a character LOL

What ever became of his Bible Study ?   :poke:

Man am I slow....  Me and you had this conversation over PM, and I just now read this and got it.  I think you know the answer to that question now.  😅 

I'm going to have to check up on them.  I didn't see them in the meeting, and when we were missing from our 1st field service  because of an emergency, John and Nancy almost organized a search party for us.  It's so nice to have one of these "It's a small world in Jah's organization" moments.  

Hope everyone else has a great day and is mentally faster than me in these matters.  Excited Aww GIF by TikTok

Today, my hubby and I were discussing Covid 19 and all its many 'variants'.

I was explaining that Omicron XE, a combination of Omicron B.1 and Omicron B.2, is going to be the next surge, right after Omicron B.2.

Then I told him, "Delta's gone."

Well, that sounded a lot like "Delta Dawn", which I think was a Tanya Tucker song.

My bored brain immediately set "Delta's Gone" to the "Delta Dawn" music and I ended up singing this ridiculous tune most of the day:

"Delta's Gone"

Delta's gone.  What's that virus you have on?  

Could it be a variant of bugs gone by?

And didn't I hear them say they were ending mask mandates today?

Feel free to breathe in XE Omicron.

Well, I told you it was ridiculous. 😂

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

11 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I was explaining that Omicron XE, a combination of Omicron B.1 and Omicron B.2, is going to be the next surge, right after Omicron B.2.

Well, that sounded a lot like "Delta Dawn", which I think was a Tanya Tucker song.

My bored brain immediately set "Delta's Gone" to the "Delta Dawn" music and I ended up singing this ridiculous tune most of the day:

"Delta's Gone"

I love it!!!! :lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

14 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

"Delta's Gone"

Omg your brain works like mine!

Coming from a Delta Dawn…

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

• 2 weeks later...

When you shut off the lights in a room, do you delight the room? 

If a room is dark, can you say it is delighted? :whistling:

Well, in the middle of April, we finally found out where all this snow is coming from here in Washington State.  The governor got a message from an unknown source.  "Due to supply chain issues, your February shipment of snow is now being delivered.  We apologize for the delay."

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

When you shut off the lights in a room, do you delight the room? 

If a room is dark, can you say it is delighted? :whistling:

:hallo:  As I go to bed, I know I'm delighted when it's lights out :ler:  A lightbearer goes out at night. That last there ...

34 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

Well, in the middle of April, we finally found out where all this snow is coming from here in Washington State.  The governor got a message from an unknown source.  "Due to supply chain issues, your February shipment of snow is now being delivered.  We apologize for the delay."

:skratte:  Well, what can you say.

(*footnote)

1 hour ago, coolbrz731 said:

Guys, seriously, get Washington apples this year.  The more moisture they get during the spring, the sweeter the apples are.  And we've been getting snow that melts by mid day every day for over two weeks.  And heavy rain before that.  And the forecast is for more of the same through next Tuesday.  These are going to be some sswwweeeeeeettt apples!

On 4/18/2022 at 12:20 AM, Tortuga said:

If a Catholic nun has a child, would it be a creature of habit?

Possibly a language barriere here ... I didn't get it  :detective: :shrugs:

Ooops, I just did (I think) :laugh: habit, being the troubly word

Edited by Tronora

(*footnote)