JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

James Webb Space Telescope (JWST)

4 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

Pillars of Creation Star in New Visualization from NASA's Hubble and Webb Telescopes

Release date: Wednesday, June 26, 2024 10:00:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time

NASA has released a new 3D visualization of these towering celestial structures using data from NASA's Hubble and James Webb space telescopes. This is the most comprehensive and detailed multiwavelength movie yet of these star-birthing clouds.

"By flying past and amongst the pillars, viewers experience their three-dimensional structure and see how they look different in the Hubble visible-light view versus the Webb infrared-light view," explained principal visualization scientist Frank Summers of the Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) in Baltimore, who led the movie development team for NASA's Universe of Learning. "The contrast helps them understand why we have more than one space telescope to observe different aspects of the same object."

Video link:

https://webbtelescope.org/contents/news-releases/2024/news-2024-020.html

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

Fingers-1.jpg

Fingers-2.jpg

So stars come from shaking hands?  Good to know!😂

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Posted (edited)

NASA's Webb Captures Celestial Fireworks Around Forming Star

July 02, 2024 10:00AMR    Release ID: 2024-125

The cosmos seems to come alive with a crackling explosion of pyrotechnics in this new image from NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope. Taken with Webb’s MIRI (Mid-Infrared Instrument), this fiery hourglass marks the scene of a very young object in the process of becoming a star. A central protostar grows in the neck of the hourglass, accumulating material from a thin protoplanetary disk, seen edge-on as a dark line.

https://webbtelescope.org/contents/news-releases/2024/news-2024-125.html

Old (Downunder) Tone

ProtoStar.jpg

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

4 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

NASA's Webb Captures Celestial Fireworks Around Forming Star

July 02, 2024 10:00AMR    Release ID: 2024-125

The cosmos seems to come alive with a crackling explosion of pyrotechnics in this new image from NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope. Taken with Webb’s MIRI (Mid-Infrared Instrument), this fiery hourglass marks the scene of a very young object in the process of becoming a star. A central protostar grows in the neck of the hourglass, accumulating material from a thin protoplanetary disk, seen edge-on as a dark line.

https://webbtelescope.org/contents/news-releases/2024/news-2024-125.html

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

ProtoStar.jpg

Maybe a dumb question but how do they know what is happening?  Has there been video or a series of photos where they’ve documented this process over time?  

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

My assumption is it is their best calculated guess.
And it will change when they have another new calculation to factor in.
I also suspect they may see different stages in different areas. Then they may and try and map their age relative to what they see.
I then expect they make a timeline of what they see as a 'natural' progression of events...
A of this from a few decades of science, looking back billions of years. Lol

Old (Downunder) Tone

NASA's James Webb Space Telescope shows off a pair of intertwined galaxies in infrared light, its latest release in an ongoing run of observations.

The James Webb Space Telescope operates around the clock, frequently astonishing researchers with its highly detailed — and incredibly precise — infrared images and data. These wavelengths of light, which lie beyond what our eyes can see, were largely out of reach at this level of detail until Webb began taking science observations July 12, 2022 on behalf of astronomers worldwide.

07/12/2024 : Vivid Portrait of Interacting Galaxies Marks Webb’s Second Anniversary ❱
Two for two! A duo of interacting galaxies commemorates the second science anniversary of NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope
https://webb.nasa.gov/7620efa3b766771eea85b1343975146d.jpg

Old (Downunder) Tone

IMAGE DETAILS - The distorted spiral galaxy at center, the Penguin, and the compact elliptical at left, the Egg, are locked in an active embrace. This near- and mid-infrared image combines data from NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope’s NIRCam (Near-Infrared Camera) and MIRI (Mid-Infrared Instrument), and marks the telescope’s second year of science. Webb’s view shows that their interaction is marked by a glow of scattered stars represented in blue. Known jointly as Arp 142, the galaxies made their first pass by one another between 25 and 75 million years ago, causing “fireworks,” or new star formation, in the Penguin. The galaxies are approximately the same mass, which is why one hasn’t consumed the other.

Old (Downunder) Tone

• 1 month later...

Astronomers identify more than one thousand new star cluster candidates

By analyzing the images obtained with the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST), an international team of astronomers has managed to identify more than 1,000 new star cluster candidates in the Cigar Galaxy. The finding was reported in a research paper published August 8 on the pre-print server arXiv.

https://phys.org/news2024-08-astronomers-thousand-star-cluster-candidates.htmll

M-82.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

New Horizons Measurements Shed New Light on the Darkness of the Universe

August 28, 2024 1:00PM Release ID: 2024-029

Summary
Deep space probe measures all the background light in the universe.

How dark is dark? This is not a Dr. Seuss riddle but a serious question astronomers have been probing for years. Their big opportunity came with the New Horizons spacecraft that is now far beyond the planets at more than 5.4 billion miles from Earth. It's far enough to be free of light-contamination from the glow of background dust in our solar system. This means the spacecraft was able to measure the darkness of the seemingly pitch-black deep space.

https://hubblesite.org/contents/news-releases/2024/news-2024-029.html

Old (Downunder) Tone

ArtistImpression.jpg

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

NASA's Webb Reveals Distorted Galaxy Forming Cosmic Question Mark

September 04, 2024 10:00AM Release ID: 2024-128

Summary
Astronomers are astounded by a rare cosmic alignment showcasing highly magnified star-forming regions in distant galaxies.

What, why, how? The cosmos is full of questions. Still, astronomers using NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope were surprised to find a distant, red galaxy distorted into the shape of a question mark. A specific, rarely-seen type of natural gravitational lens is causing the galaxy to appear multiple times...

"We know of only three or four occurrences of similar gravitational lens configurations in the observable universe, which makes this find exciting, as it demonstrates the power of Webb and suggests maybe now we will find more of these,” said astronomer Guillaume Desprez of Saint Mary’s University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, a member of the team presenting the Webb results.

While this region has been observed previously with NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope, the dusty red galaxy that forms the intriguing question-mark shape only came into view with Webb. This is a result of the wavelengths of light that Hubble detects getting trapped in cosmic dust, while longer wavelengths of infrared light are able to pass through and be detected by Webb’s instruments...

Read more:
https://webbtelescope.org/contents/news-releases/2024/news-2024-128.html

Old (Downunder) Tone
Picture Description:
Amid a field of galaxies, five repeat images of a galaxy pair are labeled with letters of the alphabet. A, B, and C trace the shape of the top of a question mark, curving from left to right and then down. To the right of this shape is the letter D, but the galaxy pair is largely washed out by a bright white, oval foreground galaxy. The E label and galaxy pair are at a greater distance to the lower right.
QuestionMGalaxy.thumb.jpg.77e184b423580fb54c6df9dd13bb9bad.jpg

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

image.png.aec4047960b56860a318f5b6542a60d9.png

From McDonald Observatory, Austin, Texas:

Early Galaxies Weren't Too Big for Their Britches After All

image.png.684ac384aa1e9b950d5f5b18745f5971.png

"something might be wrong with the theory"????  Hmmm.

"Where the scriptures and and the slave are silent, I do not speak." :bible2: