JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Petrol (gas) prices worldwide

• 6 months later...
On 1/1/2023 at 8:37 AM, Tortuga said:

Its just my personal observation but I think that once we have experienced high gasoline prices like this that it will happen again and again. We will see larger variations in gasoline prices than we have in the past. 

Gasoline prices are up again. The average price in our area is alm $5/gallon at the cheaper stations and over $5 at the name brand places.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just went up $.10 here in Michigan to $3.79 😳

I guess I’ll quit complaining. 🤦‍♀️

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

We use diesel in our cars and currently in our area it is around the $2 mark per litre.  So thats around $7.50 per gallon.  Diesel is the most expensive of our fuels.  Both our cars get around 1000kms to the tank but both have around 70 litre tanks.  Mine is a V6 and husband is 2 litre 4 cylinder.  We live out of territory and last week with CO visit we basically used a 3/4 tank on my car.  Generally I get around 2 weeks use.  

I'm also really careful with my fuel. I have the Hemi V8 so I need to be careful about leaving the driveway. I budget 1 tank a week, it's $70 to $90.00. I have 218,000 miles on her and am cringing on buying something else even though I could get better mileage.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I usually fuel up the ute about once a month (standard 91 petrol). I do about 500-600km on about 50-55 litres of fuel. But it helps when you only live about 5 mins down the road to work and town.

My wife's car is about the same (premium 98), and the Sunday car is abot every 2 months (standard 91 petrol). I use roughly the same amount of ful per month to power the small petrol engines for the mower, pumps and hegding, blower, trimmers and chainsaws per month.

Edited by Pabo

8 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Gasoline prices are up again. The average price in our area is alm $5/gallon at the cheaper stations and over $5 at the name brand places.

That’s unfortunate. It’s $3.49 here. I think they will continue to go up. I suspect that the oil companies are going to try to get as much money out of us as possible before electric cars take over.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Fortunately, I own a hybrid, a Ford Fusion, that averages 40 mpg.  Gas here costs about 4.42 a gallon at the two cheapest places.  8 gallons will get me over 3/4 of a tank and that can get me a couple of back and forth trips to the major department store or hardware store that's about 64 miles away from where I live.  That's 102 km for those of you that use that "non-special" measurement standard.🙃

I also have a Ford Explorer ecoboost  for times when we REALLY need the hardware store.  Average fill-up is $70+ for the Explorer and about $50 for the Fusion.  

20 minutes ago, *Jack* said:

That’s unfortunate. It’s $3.49 here. I think they will continue to go up. I suspect that the oil companies are going to try to get as much money out of us as possible before electric cars take over.

I meant to say it’s $3.59 right now. It went up the other day.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

21 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

Fortunately, I own a hybrid, a Ford Fusion, that averages 40 mpg.  Gas here costs about 4.42 a gallon at the two cheapest places.  8 gallons will get me over 3/4 of a tank and that can get me a couple of back and forth trips to the major department store or hardware store that's about 64 miles away from where I live.  That's 102 km for those of you that use that "non-special" measurement standard.🙃

I also have a Ford Explorer ecoboost  for times when we REALLY need the hardware store.  Average fill-up is $70+ for the Explorer and about $50 for the Fusion.  

I considered a hybrid before I got my current car. The main thing that stopped be from getting one is that I wanted my next car to be my “Armageddon car” and I didn’t want to have to replace the hybrid battery. I figured it would negate all the savings I’d accumulate.

On 7/31/2023 at 9:28 PM, New World Explorer said:

Consider yourself included in my prayers LOL 🤣

Monster Truck Car GIF by HORNBACH

I had to briefly linger in a car selling lot today, when I looked up there was a car dealer eyeballing me. He said he loved my truck, don't see many single cab lowered Ram's.....until he saw my mileage 🤣🤣🤣 

So what dude, this is my Armageddon truck!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Unfortunately, petrol is terribly expensive in our country. As far as I know, the most expensive in Europe.  1 liter costs € 2.16 (slightly cheaper in some places). Converted into dollars, a gallon of petrol costs $8.97. In addition, we have to pay taxes per kilo of car weight. We have a light and rather small car (1065 kilos), but that still costs $50 per month. Prices like these make bicycles even more popular 🤔.

I think that we drive more in the US than other countries, how many miles or kilometers do you average each month?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D