JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

KEEP ON THE WATCH! Refugee Crisis​—Millions Flee Ukraine

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 743 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

5 hours ago, IliasBosman said:

Especially the "Keep on the watch" Header  Maybe a new category of articles regarding the days and events we are seeing,  now that we are so near to the great tribulation

I was thinking the same. That caught my eye.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

16 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

I was wondering if any significance on the color red being used.. perhaps to signify seriousness , danger, alert etc

w13 10/01  pp 14-15:  RED has very high visibility. Red has often been associated with energy, war and danger. It is an emotionally intense color and can enhance human metabolism, increase respiration rate and raise blood pressure.

Remember the November 1, 2014 Watchtower magazine that was solid red/orange and the topic was Is Satan Real?  Very bold!

Can someone put that magazine cover up for us?

31 minutes ago, Doug said:

w13 10/01  pp 14-15:  RED has very high visibility. Red has often been associated with energy, war and danger. It is an emotionally intense color and can enhance human metabolism, increase respiration rate and raise blood pressure.

Remember the November 1, 2014 Watchtower magazine that was solid red/orange and the topic was Is Satan Real?  Very bold!

Can someone put that magazine cover up for us?

Ahhh yes I do remember that one… quite the jarring cover!