JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Religion and the War in Ukraine - What does the bible say?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 768 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

8 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

Any suggestions on how I should respond, other than what I put, "Thanks! I appreciate that. It's too bad the rest of the world can't think like that."

Your co-worker‘s comments are a good lead into Psalms 146:3, Jer.10:23 and Daniel 2:44. Also Ps.37:9,10. Maybe slowly direct his attention to the Enjoy Life Forever brochure that highlights the points he brought out. Maybe a video from the brochure. Then show where this video came from. Ask rhetorical questions or even his opinion on a point you bring out. HTH

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

I just read the article on the Crusades linked in this article. The thought that went through my mind was that it will be interesting teaching those people the truth in the new world, particularly the paupers that went first. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

7 hours ago, LakerDad78 said:

So strange to see flags on there. 

With the similar garb it does help to distinguish/indicate one is Russian and the other is Ukrainian. 

Im not using the illustration, but I am going to work into my talk this Sunday how this war is pitting spiritual brother against brother since both are orthodox and share a common origin.  If they both represent Christ, then the Christ is divided. 

On 3/26/2022 at 8:52 AM, coolbrz731 said:

Oookkaaayyy.  My heart is going at 90mph.  I sucked up some courage and sent the article to my co-worker using Microsoft teams.  Here is his response:

Any suggestions on how I should respond, other than what I put, "Thanks! I appreciate that. It's too bad the rest of the world can't think like that."

Just wondering, were you able to respond and if so, did your co-worker comment ? I just love hearing experiences like these 😃

• 2 weeks later...