JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Californians are prepared to gain 14 pounds to keep drinking alcohol

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 760 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I was sure about this until they compared it to 224 sliced of bacon, then I was all in!!!!

https://ktla.com/news/california/study-average-californian-prepared-to-gain-14-pounds-to-keep-drinking-alcohol/amp/

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

This statement makes me glad I'm not an "average American drinker"

the average American drinker would be willing to give up three years of their life if it meant they could continue to drink.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

I was sure about this until they compared it to 224 sliced of bacon, then I was all in!!!!

https://ktla.com/news/california/study-average-californian-prepared-to-gain-14-pounds-to-keep-drinking-alcohol/amp/

Hey man, we loved our alcohol.  The 1st time I got "threatened" by an elder, he was allowing us to split a bottle of beer among all of us since we were in his home, but said bad stuff would happen to us if we touched his Hennessy.  Maybe his Hennessy was worth 448 slices of bacon 😅

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

was * sure

Another typo!!

*Please insert 'not'

😁

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

12 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

The 1st time I got "threatened" by an elder, he was allowing us to split a bottle of beer among all of us since we were in his home

You just reminded me of a party I had. There were a group of us who gathered around the counter to do a shot. Glass didn't hit the table before I saw an elder walking over, so of course I was sitting there like oh boy, what did we do? 

"You just did that all wrong. It’s salt first, shot, THEN lime. Here, let me show you." 🤣🤣🤣

I'd give all of this up and then some to not gain 14lbs.