JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

9 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

The MSM manipulates the numbers to make it appear that the job market is doing well, like saying we have such and such amount of growth in the past month. Well, those are just the jobs that have been added back into the market that were closed down during Covid! So we are not even back where we were prior to Covid!

In my local area, the job market does appear to be doing well, and it's not a manipulation.  There really is low unemployment in my local part of the northwest.  But, the reality that isn't being mentioned in the news is that unemployment is low because so many people are working 2 and sometimes 3 jobs because of the high cost of living.  Even the manager where my wife works at H&R Block is working 2 jobs because his rent increased so much.  This story is repeated many many times.  Even my co-workers are "side-hustles" to try to make ends meet.  Corporations and the stocks or our local corporations are doing really well, but the common worker is not.  Man continues to dominate man to his injury.

Does anybody remember about possibly 1 month ago that someone posted a name of a Movie involving the United Nations and what happened to a woman that was working for the United Nations and she went into some country and she was abused.

He said he saw the movie and that it was sad.  But, it was a real situation that happened to someone?

2 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

In my local area, the job market does appear to be doing well, and it's not a manipulation.  There really is low unemployment in my local part of the northwest.  But, the reality that isn't being mentioned in the news is that unemployment is low because so many people are working 2 and sometimes 3 jobs because of the high cost of living.  Even the manager where my wife works at H&R Block is working 2 jobs because his rent increased so much.  This story is repeated many many times.  Even my co-workers are "side-hustles" to try to make ends meet.  Corporations and the stocks or our local corporations are doing really well, but the common worker is not.  Man continues to dominate man to his injury.

Yeah the other day on CNN they said the average person needs to make $68-78K to make just rent alone. That’s not reasonable for a lot of people.

In suburbs of LA, I pay $2550 for 920sqft, 2bd 2bth, 2 parking spots, and W/D in unit. Don’t let it be 100° when Southern California Edison turns on their summer electricity rates at 0.75cents per kWh. You’ll go broke. Everything is going expensive.

I run DoorDash, Uber Eats, Amazon Flex, UPS Roadie, and Walmart Spark deliveries not to make ends meet but to just have extra spending money. Thankfully I’m in IT and those jobs command a little more money but still it’s not easy.

Edited by chuck83

6 minutes ago, chuck83 said:

Yeah the other day on CNN they said the average person needs to make $68-78K to make just rent alone. That’s not reasonable for a lot of people.

In suburbs of LA, I pay $2550 for 920sqft, 2bd 2bth, 2 parking spots, and W/D in unit. 

Wow, that actually isn’t that bad of rent! My daughter pays $2450 for a one bedroom, one bath apartment, no W&D in unit,  here in the bay area, and a city that’s not considered that great……

18 minutes ago, cme said:

Est-ce que quelqu'un se souvient il y a environ un mois que quelqu'un a publié le nom d'un film impliquant les Nations Unies et ce qui est arrivé à une femme qui travaillait pour les Nations Unies et qui s'est rendue dans un pays et a été maltraitée.

Il a dit qu'il avait vu le film et qu'il était triste. Mais c'était une situation réelle qui est arrivée à quelqu'un ?

I don't remember the thread, Carmen, but what you say makes me think of a movie, The Whistleblower. I haven't seen it, I don't know what it's worth, but apparently it's based on a true story. Is this what you are looking for?

2 hours ago, zoebarry said:

THE JOB MARKET IS NOT GOOD!,

I live in Silicon Valley, and a lot of tech companies are laying people off. Google, Facebook, Microsoft, TikTok, just to name a few….

https://www.benefitnews.com/list/microsoft-meta-google-and-amazon-lay-off-thousands-of-workers

And UPS is laying off 12,000 workers!

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/30/ups-reports-drop-in-package-volume-stock-tumbles.html

The MSM manipulates the numbers to make it appear that the job market is doing well, like saying we have such and such amount of growth in the past month. Well, those are just the jobs that have been added back into the market that were closed down during Covid! So we are not even back where we were prior to Covid!

There may be some pockets in the US that are doing well, but overall economy is bad….

Companies in Silicon Valley are laying off their employees and moving to Texas or where the taxes are a lot cheaper. UPS does not know how to run business. Oh well ,that the Feds for you. Yet where I live, the job market is good.

16 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

Wow, that actually isn’t that bad of rent! My daughter pays $2450 for a one bedroom, one bath apartment, no W&D in unit,  here in the bay area, and a city that’s not considered that great……

Nothing beats SF/Bay Area, NY, and Miami in rents right now. That’s the cold hard facts.

I’m 20 miles east of DTLA. In LA west of DTLA it’s $3500+ for what I have. 

19 minutes ago, chuck83 said:

Nothing beats SF/Bay Area, NY, and Miami in rents right now. That’s the cold hard facts.

I’m 20 miles east of DTLA. In LA west of DTLA it’s $3500+ for what I have. 

Seattle steps into the chat...:whistling:

My old 2br/2ba 1173 sqft apartment that we left because we thought paying $1600 a month is rediculous compared to what we were paying for it just 3 years earlier is now renting for $2900-$3100 a month.  That's not counting association fees you'll have to pay the neighborhood on top of rent and water/sewer/garbage.  

25 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

Seattle steps into the chat...:whistling:

My old 2br/2ba 1173 sqft apartment that we left because we thought paying $1600 a month is rediculous compared to what we were paying for it just 3 years earlier is now renting for $2900-$3100 a month.  That's not counting association fees you'll have to pay the neighborhood on top of rent and water/sewer/garbage.  

Yup. Sounds about right. Major metro's will eat up your wallet. 

1 hour ago, Dolce vita said:

I don't remember the thread, Carmen, but what you say makes me think of a movie, The Whistleblower. I haven't seen it, I don't know what it's worth, but apparently it's based on a true story. Is this what you are looking for?

YES!  Thats it.   Love ya! Thank you.

Politically neutral observation:

Some things are hard to believe ~  After his terrible, no good, very bad week labeled an elderly man with a poor memory,  after that week, the "leader of the free world" has made a Public Service Announcement (PSA) complaining that (quoting) "As an ice cream lover, what makes me the most angry is that ice cream cartons have actually shrunk in size, but not in price. It's a rip off.  I'm calling on companies to put a stop to this.  Let's make sure companies do the right thing, NOW".

What is going on with the KOTS behind the scenes???     :facepalmpo2:

Edited by Doug

make it better

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Some things are hard to believe ~  After his terrible, no good, very bad week labeled an elderly man with a poor memory,  after that week, the "leader of the free world" has made a Public Service Announcement (PSA) complaining that (quoting) "As an ice cream lover, what makes me the most angry is that ice cream cartons have actually shrunk in size, but not in price. It's a rip off.  I'm calling on companies to put a stop to this.  Let's make sure companies do the right thing, NOW".

You are referring to "shrinkflation" and is a global problem if you research it.

'Shrinkflation' accelerates globally as manufacturers shrink package sizes : NPR

2 hours ago, Doug said:

I think we are seeing more than ever what Daniel foretold, the mixing of iron and clay. 

24 minutes ago, MChill14 said:

I think we are seeing more than ever what Daniel foretold, the mixing of iron and clay. 

Me too. And it makes for an interesting talking point with others. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

3 hours ago, Doug said:

well, here’s an example of why you can’t believe everything you see…..

that video you were referring to was generated by AI!

it’s NOT REAL

3 hours ago, Doug said:

shrinking means low production cost high margin sale.

this is a worldwide iss

6 hours ago, chuck83 said:

Yup. Sounds about right. Major metro's will eat up your wallet. 

9 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

I am sure chasing our ends meet will end up to exhausting life and no more energy for Bible reading and meditation... This is how Satan pushes everybody to endless cycle and feel exhausted to Theocratic activites. 

1 hour ago, zoebarry said:

well, here’s an example of why you can’t believe everything you see…..

that video you were referring to was generated by AI!

it’s NOT REAL

That crossed my mind.  I find the whole thing deplorable, if true.  The President of the USA making a PSA because ice cream boxes are getting smaller.   It's like someone out there is just mocking him.

However, I learned about it from the MSM.   Have they been duped by an AI fake?

If Trump will win the next US Presidency and let Russia to fight with NATO alone in the future. In my opinion, he is the one can fulfill the final scene in the prophecy, the NATO's war in the farthest North (Russia).

image.thumb.png.a5b1ad272d41cce5ae1ba39a7a6094f7.png

The "pure worship" book says that the Jerusalem mentioned at book of Matthew 24:25 is no longer referring to Christendom as the antitypical Jerusalem. Since then, where is the Jerusalem now referring for? Is it the today Israel where the UN and the West have pressed Israel to accept the solution that he wouldn't like it?

If Israel will feel humiliated by the UN and West pressures. Can we say that the "disgusting thing" stands in the holy place?

More exciting things to come.... let see