JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

Thank you for info.

But that seems a bit confusing as your words were "Putin said it’s a sacred war going" while the info you provided is something Kim said and not Putin.

Also the picture is from the Carlston interview and not from the Kim/Putin meeting, and I could not find a single use of the word "sacred" on the Carlston interview.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

16 minutes ago, Paulo said:

Thank you for info.

But that seems a bit confusing as your words were "Putin said it’s a sacred war going" while the info you provided is something Kim said and not Putin.

Also the picture is from the Carlston interview and not from the Kim/Putin meeting, and I could not find a single use of the word "sacred" on the Carlston interview.

Kim said it. Putin didn’t corrected him or rebuked 

previously: https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-hold-victory-day-parade-amid-tight-security-after-drone-attacks-2023-05-08/

IMG_2301.jpeg

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, Richie said:

Christians show support for the Jewish state (Israel - Norway Support).

Evangelical Christians supports Israel War as per interview....

Israel-Hamas War unfolds its religous support. 

8 minutes ago, Sofia said:

A lot of references related to this but I forgot which article I read. Mostly I read a lot in a 1st phase of Russian Invasion. Some articles linked to the creation of 3rd temple in Kiev and free Russian Orthodoxy in Ukraine from western impurities. One long interview that took 2~3 hours discussed the religious background of war. Also US Retired Gen. Petraeus mentioned the involvement of Russian Orthodox Patriarch for this war. 

14 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I asked the question because I have been looking for some info about Putin and any sacred mission he may think he has.

And it was interesting to see Tucker Carlson touching this point although indirectly.

In order to keep neutral in this issues I try to find the sources out of the emotions of the MSM or the filtration done by someone else. So I do not give Reuters more credit than to its Chinese or Russian counterparts.

For the Kim and Putin meeting, the fact is that it was Kim who said said those words, and not Putin.

In diplomacy, when leaders publicly meet they do not correct or rebuke each other. So it is not accurate to put the words of leader A on the mouth of leader B. What one needs to look is the declaration each side gives after each meeting and phone call.

I already found a link to the transcript of their talks:

[Kim Jong-un:] Russia is currently engaged in a sacred battle to defend its state sovereignty and security in the face of the hegemonic forces that oppose Russia. We are willing to continue to develop our relations. We have always supported and will continue to support every decision made by President Putin, as well as the decisions of the Russian Government. I also hope that we will always stand together in fighting imperialism and building a sovereign state.

Once again, I express my gratitude to you for providing us with the opportunity to visit Russia and for paying so much attention to our visit.

Vladimir Putin: Thank you.

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/transcripts/72265

As for Reuters and the May 9th speech, where the word "sacred" was used twice, I leave for you to check the transcript available in the Kremlin and then compare to the the Reuters Digest.

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/transcripts/71104

The memory of defenders of the Fatherland is sacred for us in Russia, and we cherish it in our hearts.

(talking about WWII soldiers from Russia, Resistance, United States, Great Britain China and other countries).

Putin

The battles that were decisive for our Motherland always became patriotic, national and sacred.

Putin

Comparing with a similar declaration from Biden:

This week, I visited Valley Forge – sacred ground hallowed by the resolve of the troops who camped here during the Revolutionary War. Here they found the steel in their souls to fight for freedom, for liberty, and for American Democracy. This is who we were. And still are.

Biden

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

13 hours ago, mjcabz said:

Who saw the interview of Tucker Carlson with Putin? They touch about religion. It shows that Orthodox Church was behind of the banning of JW in Russia.

Well, they should jolly-well be proud of themselves. Satan is.

For a very short period of time. Then, Boom. Consequence time. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

This is still live as I post this, this is a group of men with skills to read body language. I've always liked their programs, I'll look later but it may bear looking into.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

5 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

This is still live as I post this, this is a group of men with skills to read body language. I've always liked their programs, I'll look later but it may bear looking into.

I follow them, too 💜

I usually skip the political stuff, but I'm interested in this one.

11 hours ago, Paulo said:

I asked the question because I have been looking for some info about Putin and any sacred mission he may think he has.

And it was interesting to see Tucker Carlson touching this point although indirectly.

In order to keep neutral in this issues I try to find the sources out of the emotions of the MSM or the filtration done by someone else. So I do not give Reuters more credit than to its Chinese or Russian counterparts.

For the Kim and Putin meeting, the fact is that it was Kim who said said those words, and not Putin.

In diplomacy, when leaders publicly meet they do not correct or rebuke each other. So it is not accurate to put the words of leader A on the mouth of leader B. What one needs to look is the declaration each side gives after each meeting and phone call.

I already found a link to the transcript of their talks:

As for Reuters and the May 9th speech, where the word "sacred" was used twice, I leave for you to check the transcript available in the Kremlin and then compare to the the Reuters Digest.

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/transcripts/71104

Comparing with a similar declaration from Biden:

https://www.usip.org/publications/2022/03/role-religion-russias-war-ukraine

image.thumb.png.22567250e64fd502b8b164b791d2947c.png

Additional information to Russian Invasion why it has religious background...

3 hours ago, LeolaRootStew said:

I follow them, too 💜

I usually skip the political stuff, but I'm interested in this one.

Did you watch/listen it? I still haven't yet, maybe on my way to work in the morning.

I agree, political junk doesn't interest me either but this, to me, was a look into the thinking of a Hitler-like mad person, I was interested to see what they could flesh out of his body language. To me it's interesting to see how the human person all have similar responses when being deceitful. For me it helps cut through the lies and deceptions people do. The more you learn the more you see.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

In the political climate nowadays, I wonder if the story is credible or an elaborate false-flag by the KOTS.

However, it's worth remembering that in 2021 Russia shot down one of its old satellites.  It was extremely irresponsible because the debris scattered would stay in orbit and potentially hit all kinds of important things.   But they did it anyway.

11 minutes ago, Doug said:

In the political climate nowadays, I wonder if the story is credible or an elaborate false-flag by the KOTS.

However, it's worth remembering that in 2021 Russia shot down one of its old satellites.  It was extremely irresponsible because the debris scattered would stay in orbit and potentially hit all kinds of important things.   But they did it anyway.

Yeah, I see where you’re coming from. This story just so happens a week after Vladimir Putin is interviewed?

I’m not saying it’s coincidental or that’s it’s not. Our neutrality is if the highest importance.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

24 minutes ago, chuck83 said:

Russia wants to put a nuke in space I guess...

Republican warning of 'security threat' about Russia wanting nuke in space: Sources

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republican-warning-of-security-threat-about-russia-wanting-nuke-in-space-sources/ar-BB1ihl0P?ocid=windirect&cvid=104be2a7a19e4034bfbf6ea1c11e13ca&ei=11

Now what in heaven's name is the purpose of that? Well maybe that's so he can annihilate the planet all at once? Or toxify any other planet that we could go to? 🙄 good grief, "Putin has dominated man..."

1 hour ago, MChill14 said:

I’m not saying it’s coincidental or that’s it’s not.

Speaking of which   .    .    From a post on X ~   "We will wait and see, but without a doubt the timing is a coincidence . . .  and there's no such thing as a coincidence in Washington".