JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

On 7/1/2024 at 6:05 AM, Dhanyel said:

As is noted in the link above, they are apparently working on a vaccine, just in case it becomes a real issue with transmittal to humans someday.

US pays Moderna $176m to develop bird-flu vaccine (bbc.com)

Edited by Desert Dan

2 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

This is the worst emoticon, it causes division 

IMG-20240703-WA0053.jpg.1aee068e2c8fa115be2e6eee06ce4c01.jpg

I don't know what that has to do with PS, GT or A but an emoticon can be constructive criticism. Think of it as feedback you didn't know you needed.

Don't forget the emoticons are also used for the information that was posted. There are a lot of things to sigh about..

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

19 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

La montée de l’extrême droite en Europe est intéressante !

I find the phenomenon frightening, for my part. The masks fall and people show themselves more and more hateful, openly, even among people we would never have suspected. A classic, but so ugly for the victims of hatred...

4 hours ago, LeolaRootStew said:

4 hours ago, LeolaRootStew said:

agreed. it can come across as rude and dismissive. 🤨😕😶‍🌫️😐🫤😬 maybe these would be better?

(I sighed your post for the comedy 😬)

A confession: obviously I don't know how to use these kind of language expressions very well. I realize through this exchange that I did not give the correct interpretation to this emoticon, for example. I have used it very little  and when I did it was to evoke the sigh of compassionate helplessness, not annoyance. I'm sorry if some people thought I was expressing disapproval, it's almost the opposite. I will never express my disapproval in a public comment, especially not in this way🥹

23 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Putin touts ‘stabilizing’ force of China-Russia ties as Xi hails ‘lasting friendship’ at security summit

Screenshot_20240704-040212.png.f311aad351d78ee97dd8302344891f48.png

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/04/asia/putin-xi-russia-china-alignment-sco-astana-intl-hnk/index.html

Nothing's new yet. 

1 hour ago, Dhanyel said:

Putin touts ‘stabilizing’ force of China-Russia ties as Xi hails ‘lasting friendship’ at security summit

Screenshot_20240704-040212.png.f311aad351d78ee97dd8302344891f48.png

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/04/asia/putin-xi-russia-china-alignment-sco-astana-intl-hnk/index.html

Oh, if only they new how short lived this "lasting" friendship will prove to be when Jehovah steps in.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

21 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

The growth of the far right in Europe is interesting!

Not surprising though.

People are disillusioned with governments, so they try any option available to see if it works out better. 

It's a never ending wheel of politics that will be interrupted soon by Daniel 2:44. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 7/3/2024 at 9:31 AM, Desert Dan said:

As is noted in the link above, they are apparently working on a vaccine, just in case it becomes a real issue with transmittal to humans someday.

Wanna bet that since they made a vaccine already that it is GUARANTEED to “jump” to humans now?

3 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Wanna bet that since they made a vaccine already that it is GUARANTEED to “jump” to humans now?

Although things are hard to truly understand in this system of things and there is a lot of corruption, I never personally liked the idea of boarding the conspiracy train.

58 minutes ago, Desert Dan said:

Although things are hard to truly understand in this system of things and there is a lot of corruption, I never personally liked the idea of boarding the conspiracy train.

Well said. There may be some truly evil people in the world that intentionally cause harm, but my personal experience is that Big Business is mostly hard-working people trying to support their family.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, zoebarry said:

All that remains is the timing.  "How can a new "pandemic" help our side in the elections?" is the timing question.

Conspiracy theories aside,  the clock is running for this world to end,  there is no pause nor delay , things will get very weird (like a man dying of thirst begins to hallucinate) , the second group of this generation is only in decline and there will still be some remaining of the 2nd Gen, not simply of the anointed, when the GT starts.

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Well said. There may be some truly evil people in the world that intentionally cause harm, but my personal experience is that Big Business is mostly hard-working people trying to support their family.

Right, but Big Business isn't the workers who punch the clock, is it?

w20 January p. 14  par 3

Satan has always controlled the commercial, political and religious systems of this world.  So it is not surprising that many businessmen  .  .   .  reflect his lack of respect for human life and dignity.

"Many" ~  Substantial , significant.

Not the majority?   Possibly the majority?   Many.

Controlled is a powerful expression used here.  Not just "influenced' or "manipulated".  Controlled, like the driver, not the passenger.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby