JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Instability of current political situation in the world is amplified by this latest shooting incident. We are living in a very volatile time, therefore situations and scenarios can change overnight, something that we must be aware as Christians trying to stay vigilant and awake spiritually in terms of prophecy regarding Peace and Security and closeness of the end. 

GT will arrive suddenly.. and we might be surprised with its suddenness and unexpected turn of events. 

This could indeed change the mood of the US (sorry Richard my edit I meant US not UN) AND Anglo world scene. Now, more than ever we have to stay neutral ... in thoughts as well. Look after each other and listen to instructions even strange ones. As Greg says the decline into the GT will be sudden, shocking even us with how quickly things will change. 

I have a nervous/excited feeling. Whether this is key or not only time will tell. 

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

14 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

This could indeed change the mood of the UN AND Anglo world scene.

I don't see how an attempted assassination would become a world event unless the shooter was from a different country. This seems to be an internal issue.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I don't see how an attempted assignation would become a world event unless the shooter was from a different country. This seems to be an internal issue.

Well Anglo world power is one with US. I'm not expecting anything outside that unless it was orchestrated by a religion ... then it might starta ball rolling. Remember wars start with a single event often starting in another country. 

Bottom line ... it will either escalate or it won't. 

PS when it's political it never stays internal ...  it can't when it's a dual world power.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Just now, Tortuga said:

I don't see how an attempted assignation would become a world event unless the shooter was from a different country. This seems to be an internal issue.

1914, but the assassination was successful. (And at this stage we do not know who is behind it or if any major parties are behind it Trump event) Scenes like this can encourage “crazy” people to do unthinkable like attempt to the same to Putin etc. The whole world is unpredictable right now. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

8 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Also I mistyped... I meant US / Anglo .. not UN ... well not yet at least. Sorry my friend.

Edited by Stormswift

34 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I don't see how an attempted assassination would become a world event unless the shooter was from a different country. This seems to be an internal issue.

But it just points once again to the volatile conditions existing on earth right now. 

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

2 hours ago, Kwabena said:

Imagine this man recovering and then telling his fanbase that this incident shows that he is ordained by God himself to be the president. His religious fanatic fans are going to EAT IT UP!!. The rest is history. 

Yeah. Doubt that’s going to happen. 

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

10 minutes ago, Julsey said:

But it just points once again to the volatile conditions existing on earth right now. 

Part of prophecy about the toes of the statue. Time to get some nail clippers ay? 😄 

2 hours ago, LeolaRootStew said:

1) We don't know if he was shot, we know there were bullet sounds and that his ear was bleeding. He could have been injured while falling to the ground, we can't say.

2) This could be real OR staged. It would be all too easy to have a packet of blood smeared across his face while he's obscured from view by bodyguards.

3) Neutrality also means not expressing horror at the idea of someone becoming President. There are no bad options when our hope is for the world to end. Every possibility is a different pathway to the same destination: the New World.

1)  The bullet grazed his ear, as per the reporting and his own statement.

2)  Let's not start conspiracy theories.  A real bullet killed someone behind him.

Edited by Desert Dan

42 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

1914, but the assassination was successful. (And at this stage we do not know who is behind it or if any major parties are behind it Trump event) Scenes like this can encourage “crazy” people to do unthinkable like attempt to the same to Putin etc. The whole world is unpredictable right now. 

something major is going to happen, either in United States, or Europe.

1 minute ago, zoebarry said:

This we know ... when is still an open envelope... all I know is, this system is so fragile it won't take much for a tipping point. Whether it moves into something more, depends on if it's Jehovahs time. But one day soon ... it will be.

1 hour ago, zoebarry said:

The way I see things is simple. 

FDS tells us to be alert, and also the Bible says that we are living during "critical" times (term that Jehovah gave himself and he is not prone to exaggerations) 

So when thinking about definition of critical (verging on emergency) I allow room in my thinking of seeing any scenario that seems almost impossible and logical to develop. So YES anything can happen. 

I do not believe in slow decline and pragmatic, uneventful end to this system. 

FDS tells us about sudden and abrupt end, and the Bible mentions at the "hour you do not think is coming" 

Quite fresh refence:

“Like birth pains on a pregnant woman.” (1 Thess. 5:3) An expectant mother cannot predict the exact time when she will go into labor. She has no doubt, though, that it will occur. When it does, the labor will likely be sudden, painful, and unstoppable. Similarly, we do not know the day and hour when Jehovah’s day will begin. Still, we are certain that it is coming and that God’s judgment on the wicked will be sudden and inescapable W23 June

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

9 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

The way I see things is simple. 

FDS tells us to be alert, and also the Bible says that we are living during "critical" times (term that Jehovah gave himself and he is not prone to exaggerations) 

So when thinking about definition of critical (verging on emergency) I allow room in my thinking of seeing any scenario that seems almost impossible and logical to develop. So YES anything can happen. 

I do not believe in slow decline and pragmatic, uneventful end to this system. 

FDS tells us about sudden and abrupt end, and the Bible mentions at the "hour you do not think is coming" 

Quite fresh refence:

“Like birth pains on a pregnant woman.” (1 Thess. 5:3) An expectant mother cannot predict the exact time when she will go into labor. She has no doubt, though, that it will occur. When it does, the labor will likely be sudden, painful, and unstoppable. Similarly, we do not know the day and hour when Jehovah’s day will begin. Still, we are certain that it is coming and that God’s judgment on the wicked will be sudden and inescapable W23 June

Ty for that descriptive post and reminders. As a person who has no mind's eye ... I need the word picture to store it in my mind. You did that well.

Gee, this is odd. The same day this attempt happened,  neighbor falsely accuse me of going to every counsel meeting and getting deep into politics. If I was quoting things related to this, it would fall into the category of talking politics. 

In my area, it seems like it is OK for other friends to talk about this and it will NOT fall into the category of politics or gossiping. But, if I talk about this, the table has turned. It funny how people interpret things according to their standards.

I just stick to this. 

Edited by Dustparticle

2 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Gee, this is odd. The same day this attempt happened,  neighbor falsely accuse me of going to every counsel meeting and getting deep into politics. If I was quoting things related to this, it would fall into the category of talking politics. 

In my area, it seems like it is OK for other friends to talk about this and it will NOT fall into the category of politics or gossiping. But, if I talk about this, the table has turned. It funny how people interpret things according to their standards.

My dear Dusty what part exactly do you find odd?

1 minute ago, Stormswift said:

My dear Dusty what part exactly do you find odd?

Friends and others can put certain events into categories and talk about it like the attempt of killing Trump as being political or not political. If this conversation about the attempt of killing Trump is political, then we should not be talking about it. It is funny how people mind works.

7 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Friends and others can put certain events into categories and talk about it like the attempt of killing Trump as being political or not political. If this conversation about the attempt of killing Trump is political, then we should not be talking about it. It is funny how people mind works.

I get where you are coming from.

The scriptures though talk about politics often and relate them to daily events. Nothing wrong in reporting facts and even relating it to the scriptures as long we don't have an opinion either way.

I personally HATE politics ... if I were in a quiz show and the topic 'poltics' came up, I'd suddenly be the dumbest person in the room.

So it's very easy for me to be neutral in heart and thoughts. However, when a notable or potentially notable event happens, whether it's social or political... one is not compromising their neutral stand by conveying the event or connecting it to scripture.

Remember Dusty we've been on this site for years, and I for one have never seen biased political opinion allowed by the mods. They do a wonderful job and be assured they will lovingly chat with anyone who is.

28 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

Just to get perspective on things ..yearbook reported: 

In Europe, things were much worse. On June 28, when Gavrilo Princip, a 19-year-old Bosnian Serb, fired the shot that killed Archduke Francis Ferdinand of Austria, he provided the spark that ignited World War I. By year’s end, World War I, then known as the Great War, had enveloped Europe.

Nothing wrong with reporting things.. the problem develops if we are to start taking sides or pushing strong opinions on conspiracy theories about who have done it ..motives..  etc..etc. 

If we stick to mere reporting than we are fine. 

Edited by New World Explorer

Just a side point.

Doing personal research on the World powers of the Daniel's image is political

Learning about the Kings who dominated those powers is political.

Nehemiah worked in a political atmosphere and Jehovah used that further the rebuilding of the walls.

It's impossible to get away from political knowledge, we are in subject to these political powers so knowing about them isn't the problem.  Giving them our allegiance is.

The shooter was Thomas Mathew and he was a Crook from Bethel :whistling:

Spoiler

“The FBI has identified Thomas Matthew Crooks, 20, of Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, as the subject involved in the assassination attempt of former President Donald Trump on July 13, in Butler, Pennsylvania.

This isn’t new… shooting politics.

But let’s see how it unfolds 

the shooter was republican allegedly 

in Europe some leaders have been attacked lately ( Denmark and Slovakia).

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”