JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

54 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Relax, as long as you know we are in the last days you don't need to point at every world event as if it's the end of the world.

With the exception of turtles walking backwards you see that? Then you know this world is really heading down the gurgler.

Edited by Ahuvah

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

4 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Continuing.....

CLAY AND IRON!

Violent, far-right riots overran some UK cities this weekend. What happened, and what comes next?

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/05/uk/uk-far-right-protests-explainer-gbr-intl/index.html

Been watching this ... so much confusion. This round started South end, a dancing school was attacked by a young man with a knife ... 11 girls and an adult were hospitalized. Three wee girls killed. Some are saying the boy was Islamic, some are saying he was from a Christian family who fled Rwanda and settled in England. So a mosque has been targeted and there are protests and riots in many places in the UK. There are calls to overthrow the Government. This could be bad. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

While this could potentially be true, please consider what the Revelation book states about the period when false religion is destroyed… “Also the MERCHANTS of the earth (entire commercial establishment) are weeping and mourning over her, because there is no one to buy their FULL CARGO anymore” 

This points out that Commercial system will be well functioning until the day when they move against Babylon the Great. The Bible does not indicate collapse of commercial system as a sign of Jehovah’s day being at the doorstep step. Entire critical days are marked by ups and downs of markets, food shortages and wars. (Black Monday crush of 1987 did not eventuate the end of the system, so we need to be cautious about how we approach this subject)

My comment was not just related to this post about the economic situation! And yes, from a context of events that lead to the end of the system! 

I think Dhanyel, what donutboy (Greg) was saying and he can correct me if I'm wrong ... is that looking in that direction could distract us and we might get blindsided by something else as the Commerical system, while having wobbly moments, will enter the GT intact ... at least initially. 

But your point about it being part of the big picture is valid as it shows the yo-yo movement of the current system,

Edited by Ahuvah

Remember this study? It was my personal study yesterday. 

STUDY ARTICLE 37

“I Will Shake All the Nations”

“I will shake all the nations, and the precious things of all the nations will come in.”—HAG. 2:7.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-study-september-2021/I-Will-Shake-All-the-Nations/

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Next month it may go up again. You have to look at an average over a period of time to get the whole picture.

Japanese market is already rebounding 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

Japanese market is already rebounding 

The US market futures are up too. We'll see what happens tomorrow when the market opens.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

The US market futures are up too. We'll see what happens tomorrow when the market opens.

I just wish I had had more cash available to buy more of this dip. Opportunities like this don't come along that often. Oh well.

See you tomorrow :wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

How are the Brothers doing in the UK? Australia just issued a travel advisory to avoid UK cities for a while.

As I understand it, a British Citizen went on a stabbing spree, but the internet reported as an Islamic immigrant, and so anti-immigration riots started up. There are reports here that Hotels with refugees were barricaded shut and then torched, and the police are out in force arresting hundreds of people...

How are the Brothers?

1 hour ago, Thomas Walker said:

How are the Brothers doing in the UK? Australia just issued a travel advisory to avoid UK cities for a while.

As I understand it, a British Citizen went on a stabbing spree, but the internet reported as an Islamic immigrant, and so anti-immigration riots started up. There are reports here that Hotels with refugees were barricaded shut and then torched, and the police are out in force arresting hundreds of people...

How are the Brothers?

Heya Matt I've been watching this closely as my 'removed' daughter lives in Folkestone... on the English Channel. Interesting they gave you that advisory. I wouldn't be going to those cities right now .. they are trying to overthrow the new PM ... lots of riots and injuries. It seems that just a rumor of that young guy being Islamic is enough for retribution, however the other story is he's a youth 17 I think who was born in the UK to Christian (Catholic parents) who had fled Rwanda and settled in the UK. There's really rough talk about reclaiming England and getting rid of the Islamic influence in the UK.  

I too, would like to know the brothers are doing. I'm guessing if they stay away from the protests they will be okay. But some of the protests are being held in suburbia in front of residents. It must be scary.

Edited by Ahuvah

9 hours ago, trottigy said:

I just wish I had had more cash available to buy more of this dip. Opportunities like this don't come along that often. Oh well.

True. My portfolio is still up 6% YTD, it was over 12% last week. The US markets are positive this morning, so I'll just ride this one out...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

True. My portfolio is still up 6% YTD, it was over 12% last week. The US markets are positive this morning, so I'll just ride this one out...

Same here 🏄🏽

share_3072157130714341979.thumb.png.1581147ca0c5ad3c358e8d9053171ad4.png

Ok, and back to the topic of death, destruction and war .... Oops ... I meant "peace and security". :wave:

---------------------------------------------

Ok - so "peace and security" topic:

https://www.technologynetworks.com/applied-sciences/news/dancing-nanofibers-help-repair-cartilage-damage-389199

A new injectable therapy, which harnesses fast-moving “dancing molecules” to stimulate cellular receptors, could be used to repair damaged cartilage cells, a new study in the Journal of the American Chemical Society, suggests.

Estimates suggest that approximately 528 million people worldwide are affected by osteoarthritis, a degenerative disease that causes connective tissues in the joints to deteriorate over time. This can result in severe joint pain for those affected by the condition and is a leading cause of chronic pain and long-term disability among adults. 

“Current treatments aim to slow disease progression or postpone inevitable joint replacement,” Stupp said. “There are no regenerative options because humans do not have an inherent capacity to regenerate cartilage in adulthood.”

Now, Stupp’s team has applied their “dancing molecule” therapy to human cartilage cells, in order to study whether they might also stimulate growth and repair in this tissue type.

It turns out there might be a way to undo degenerative athritis! 

That is amazing! I hope this research continues to improve.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

57 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Same here 🏄🏽

share_3072157130714341979.thumb.png.1581147ca0c5ad3c358e8d9053171ad4.png

Ok, and back to the topic of death, destruction and war .... Oops ... I meant "peace and security". :wave:

---------------------------------------------

Ok - so "peace and security" topic:

https://www.technologynetworks.com/applied-sciences/news/dancing-nanofibers-help-repair-cartilage-damage-389199

It turns out there might be a way to undo degenerative athritis! 

That is amazing! I hope this research continues to improve.

Totally unnecessary! 

6 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Totally unnecessary! 

My brother, you were the one that posted the information about the stock market and told us that the recent changes in the stock market may indicate that the financial system is collapsing. We are just providing some information that the situation may not be as dire as you think. A balanced view of what is happening in the world is completely necessary. 

It is good to watch world events and be aware of what they indicate, but Jesus gave us a composite sign so we would look at the whole picture, not just bits and pieces. Pointing to every event in the world will just wear us out and we will be too tired to endure. 

Does it ever occur to you that the end might not come in another 10,20 or even 30 years?

Since it is not in our jurisdiction, we never know. Actually we’re crossing the line if we try to figure out the exact time.

Even if it takes 30 years, it’ll feel like a moment and we’ll (or sorry, I’ll, at least) regret not doing more for Jehovah and people. 

1 hour ago, Hotteok said:

Does it ever occur to you that the end might not come in another 10,20 or even 30 years?

Since it is not in our jurisdiction, we never know. Actually we’re crossing the line if we try to figure out the exact time.

Even if it takes 30 years, it’ll feel like a moment and we’ll (or sorry, I’ll, at least) regret not doing more for Jehovah and people. 

Every DAY!!! It occurs to me that it might not come for another 5- 10 years!

This is why my signature is a quote from the Watchtower about this very thing:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29) https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2004885#h=34

We HAVE to just keep going. Jehovah will help us to endure faithful - even if it is another 10 years. He has GOT us in His hands and He is strong enough to help. Meanwhile - it is smart to save for that possible future while also making sure to keep Kingdom interest the #1 priority (Matthew 6:33).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And under the heading of "security" - think about how much more safe and secure vehicles are now than EVER:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/how-vehicle-safety-has-improved-over-decades

as just one example of lives being saved!!! ->

Today, the three-point seat belt, which restrains occupants across both their lap and shoulder, is standard in all vehicles. The advanced three-point restraint system includes a pretensioner that pulls the seat belt tight and prevents excess slack during a crash — saving hundreds of thousands of lives.

Maybe one day with GPS and vehicle navigation almost ALL accidents could be prevented. This possibility is closer than you think. ( https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/road-traffic-injuries#:~:text=Prevention,sector and civil society organizations. )

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

And on a "peaceful" note (to stick with the "peace and security" topic):

Violent crime dropped by more than 15% in the United States during the first three months of 2024, according to statistics released Monday by the FBI.

The new numbers show violent crime from January to March dropped 15.2% compared to the same period in 2023, while murders fell 26.4% and reported rapes decreased by 25.7%. Aggravated assaults decreased during that period when compared to last year by 12.5%, according to the data, while robberies fell 17.8%.

The numbers released Monday were gathered from 13,719 of the just over 19,000 law enforcement agencies from across the country, according to the bureau.

Meanwhile, property crime went down 15.1% in the first three months of this year. Burglaries dropped 16.7%, while motor vehicle theft decreased by 17.3%. The declines in violent and property crimes were seen in every region of the US.

In a statement Monday, Attorney General Merrick Garland stressed the new data “makes clear that last year’s historic decline in violent crime is continuing.”

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/10/us/us-violent-crime-rates-statistics/index.html

Crime is on the DECLINE!!!!

That's fantastic!!!- I wish you all a safe day out there.  :bouncing:

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

My brother, you were the one that posted the information about the stock market and told us that the recent changes in the stock market may indicate that the financial system is collapsing. We are just providing some information that the situation may not be as dire as you think. A balanced view of what is happening in the world is completely necessary. 

It is good to watch world events and be aware of what they indicate, but Jesus gave us a composite sign so we would look at the whole picture, not just bits and pieces. Pointing to every event in the world will just wear us out and we will be too tired to endure. 

That's what I was referring to, that disturbing phrase Screenshot_20240806-145614.thumb.png.110bf967560edf0748bd34834c0a392e.png☝️

1 hour ago, Hotteok said:

Yes it did ... 30 years ago. 😄 

Ps. NOBODY here is trying to figure out the exact time. We are all digging in for the long haul if necessary.  

But ... the FDS have clearly said we are living in the last days, the last days of the last days. World events and changes in the organization like preparation to teach the resurrected and much more indicate we are indeed in the time period just prior to the GT. Posts in this thread bear witness to that as well. 

Edited by Ahuvah

14 hours ago, trottigy said:

If only I had bought Apple in 2008. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻