JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

6 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

If the topic isn't to your liking, simply unfollow it. There's no need for disagreements in the thread I've created. Happy people don't cause disruptions! It's not my responsibility if you're unable to create a big and popular topic yourself, and now you want to take mine? This is already becoming persecution of me 

Hey Daniel, dear brother…. First of all big hugs.

DO NOT take anything personally. If any comments are not to your liking… omit them. Nobody is forcing you not to post anything or take anything from you. I do not agree with many comments in this thread but who cares … I love those brothers and sisters .. we are family here and a little bickering shouldn’t become a big deal .. we love you brother. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 minute ago, New World Explorer said:

Hey Daniel, dear brother…. First of all big hugs.

DO NOT take anything personally. If any comments are not to your liking… omit them. Nobody is forcing you not to post anything or take anything from you. I do not agree with many comments in this thread but who cares … I love those brothers and sisters .. we are family here and a little bickering shouldn’t become a big deal .. we love you brother. 

***Stands with her hands on her hips*** 🧍‍♀️ 😠 

Do you agree with mine?? Hmmm??? Hmmm??? Careful how you answer!

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Governments like to function in a certain way.. do this and that and collect taxes. Nobody really like unstable conditions. Lack of stability brings stress as a person needs to address issues and problems. Sometimes we do not consider how individuals within governments are stressed and burdened with everyday flood of events and deterioration. Today on the news I have read that T.Swift had to cancel concerts in VIENNA due to real danger of terrorist attack on part of Radical Islamists… I THINK the governments are getting sick and tired of this constant threats and eventually will do something about it with a “little” motivation from Jehovah. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Further to my above post… 

Nearly two-thirds of ISIS-linked arrests in Europe in the last nine months have been of teenagers, according to a landmark academic study, as concern grows among European security officials ahead of the Paris Olympics of the growing potency and reach in the West of the Islamist militant group and its affiliate ISIS-K.

The academic study of 27 ISIS-linked attacks or disrupted plots since October revealed that of the 58 suspects, 38 were aged between 13 and 19, according to Peter Neumann, professor of Security Studies at King’s College London. CNN was also able to verify most of Neumann’s data with European security officials. Neumann noted the latest Europol data showed “the number of attacks and planned attacks has more than quadrupled” since 2022.(CNN) 

I recently commented (somewhere lol) that a remote bethelite sister said in a recent morning worship this was mentioned…

not to look at world events and using it as a gauge for what’s to come because just like with the fall of Babylon It will be sudden, abrupt, surprising, shocking, unforeseeable- because Jehovah has his own calendar of events that is not dependent on human events.  When Babylon fell, the way it fell and the time it fell, it was so unpredictable but it was Jehovah’s time.”

So I don’t think the increase in bad news or lack of it will be the ultimate clue. The increase of problems is definitely a sign that we are in the last days.
But do we need Peace Achieved headlines to mean that it’s almost the day?  Does it mean the worse headlines get, that it will cause the sudden destruction?  I think only one headline matters for what we are all waiting for. Until I see a headline that a group of governments is after BTG, I watch but I try not to get excited. 

All the headlines tell me right now is that we are definitely in the time of the end. 

Im more inclined to go by the age of “this generation” by proximity than the headlines. And even then, we can only guesstimate about the current understanding of ages/generation. And wonder if that understanding will be adjusted. Again  🤭

On the other hand, if people want to share headlines of the last days, fine by me. Maybe it will be an easy one stop reference for resurrected ones. Hah!

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

21 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

On the other hand, if people want to share headlines of the last days, fine by me. Maybe it will be an easy one stop reference for resurrected ones. Hah!

One never knows ay? It will all play out as it should. I too, think it will be shockingly sudden, and there won't be time to draw a breath between events once Jehovah puts it into their hearts. P&S remains a harbinger to the GT. But our focus is ground based we can only see around us,Jehovah sees everything. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

23 And I will certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah.’ Ezekiel 38:23

I've been thinking about this verse lately. I've also been wondering what we will preach about during the GT. I know some have said our message won't change, but I honestly can't imagine talking to people about "12 secrets to family happiness" or "how to apply yourself in school". It's going to be a unique time and I think it requires a unique message.

I was thinking that maybe at first it would be beneficial to tell people that the destruction of Babylon the Great was prophesied in the Bible, with instructions on what to do next (turn to God). I know old Bible students/family may be familiar with it, but who else would be? We don't generally talk about that in the first few visits, so wouldn't it be important to tell people of the significance of what just happened?

At some point, though, we may just be telling people that "Jesus is coming in Jehovah's name to destroy all of his enemies and sanctify his name." At that point the message won't be to save people or encourage them to turn around, but because everyone "will have to know".

So what do you think we will preach?

6 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

I've been thinking about this verse lately. I've also been wondering what we will preach about during the GT. I know some have said our message won't change, but I honestly can't imagine talking to people about "12 secrets to family happiness" or "how to apply yourself in school". It's going to be a unique time and I think it requires a unique message.

I was thinking that maybe at first it would be beneficial to tell people that the destruction of Babylon the Great was prophesied in the Bible, with instructions on what to do next (turn to God). I know old Bible students/family may be familiar with it, but who else would be? We don't generally talk about that in the first few visits, so wouldn't it be important to tell people of the significance of what just happened?

At some point, though, we may just be telling people that "Jesus is coming in Jehovah's name to destroy all of his enemies and sanctify his name." At that point the message won't be to save people or encourage them to turn around, but because everyone "will have to know".

So what do you think we will preach?

Your first paragraph made me laugh. I agree!  I think it will change. After all, Armageddon is good news.  😁

In light of recent changes, I had considered that we may be getting closer to another “Get out of her” campaign.  Whether that’s before the destruction of BTG begins or after I don’t know. I feel it might be right after but what do I know. 

I do think we could be preaching good news in the sense of people don’t have to fear if they turn to God. Since people will be “faint out of fear”.  It certainly will make it harder to listen and pay attention when the fear comes. People don’t follow directions too well when they are scared to death. They make unwise choices. 

Guess that’s another reason they need to hear it now more than ever. That way if there’s a chance for a change, they have a basis to think about what we are saying in the future. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

4 hours ago, Ahuvah said:

I don't know when either my friend, but ... yeah nah ... time will tell.

For Dusty:

20240808_095954.jpg

Oh , luv this chocky. Maybe I should start stashing some away,you know, when Jehovah's Day is here. After all, I gotta keep up my nutrition 😉🤣🤣

4 hours ago, BLEmom said:

Your first paragraph made me laugh. I agree!  I think it will change. After all, Armageddon is good news.  😁

In light of recent changes, I had considered that we may be getting closer to another “Get out of her” campaign.  Whether that’s before the destruction of BTG begins or after I don’t know. I feel it might be right after but what do I know. 

I do think we could be preaching good news in the sense of people don’t have to fear if they turn to God. Since people will be “faint out of fear”.  It certainly will make it harder to listen and pay attention when the fear comes. People don’t follow directions too well when they are scared to death. They make unwise choices. 

Guess that’s another reason they need to hear it now more than ever. That way if there’s a chance for a change, they have a basis to think about what we are saying in the future. 

" Guess that’s another reason they need to hear it now more than ever. That way if there’s a chance for a change, they have a basis to think about what we are saying in the future." 

Hear it now: It seems  that's what a very recent study of the Watchtower said: some of those who might come to Jehovah after the GT began would have heard of the destruction before it happened, and would therefore understand that it was a prophecy, which would cause them to run to the Organization, hence the importance, may be, of speaking about this prophecy in our ministry, outside of Bible study. The question is how to introduce the subject in an 'attractive' way

On 8/8/2024 at 4:23 AM, Dhanyel said:

Whoever wants to watch it again, what an incredible alert!

Leonard Myers: Remain Watchful for “Peace and Security!” (1 Thess. 5:3)

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtMorningWorship/pub-jwb-086_9_VIDEO

This was an intersting reminder from that:

The “peace and security” proclamation must be an exceptional development, different from the many peace efforts that have been made up until that time.

It will be sudden and unexpected, "Even true Christians who are in expectation may be surprised by its sudden start."

Thanks for the link! I also found the transcript for it HERE .

https://jwtalk.net/topic/51126-leonard-myers-remain-watchful-for-“peace-and-security”-1-thess-53/#comment-860659

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Have yall talked about trump apparently saying "once im in office you'll never have to vote again"

Kinda weird if you ask me. He apparently claims that he will expose all the corruption and you wont have to worry about if youre on the wrong side

Screenshot_20240808_171232_Chrome.jpg

18 minutes ago, Ostria said:

Have yall talked about trump apparently saying "once im in office you'll never have to vote again"

Kinda weird if you ask me. He apparently claims that he will expose all the corruption and you wont have to worry about if youre on the wrong side

Screenshot_20240808_171232_Chrome.jpg

We have seen Trump and a lot of other politicians say a lot of things over the years. 
No one man or woman or even one government matters when it comes to this topic. 

What will happen to Babylon the Great?Revelation 17:16, 17 answers that question this way: “The ten horns that you saw and the wild beast, these will hate the prostitute and will make her devastated and naked, and they will eat up her flesh and completely burn her with fire. For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought.” Yes, Jehovah will motivate the nations to use the scarlet-colored wild beast, that is, the United Nations, to turn on the world empire of false religion and completely destroy it.—Rev. 18:21-24.

27 minutes ago, Hotteok said:

I think it means Trump is confident he’ll be president until his death.

He said he meant... He'll have things in the US fixed so well that they wouldn't have to vote any more and he thought that would be important to religious people because they are low percentage voters.

Anyway .... Soon no more voting for anyone! Come Lord Jesus - come quickly!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

24 minutes ago, trottigy said:

He said he meant... He'll have things in the US fixed so well that they wouldn't have to vote any more and he thought that would be important to religious people because they are low percentage voters.

Anyway .... Soon no more voting for anyone! Come Lord Jesus - come quickly!

I do not know what he meant and I told a person that was concern about election that I do not care about election because I am sticking with Jesus. She laughed and said you the first person that said this.

The Pentagon is for the constitution, so what role they play if Trump try to destroy it?

US Ambassador to Japan to skip Nagasaki peace ceremony after Israel excluded

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/08/asia/us-ambassador-nagasaki-israel-intl-hnk/index.html

Each year the two cities hold memorials attended by diplomats to promote global peace and the idea that nuclear weapons must never be used again.

56 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

US Ambassador to Japan to skip Nagasaki peace ceremony after Israel excluded

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/08/asia/us-ambassador-nagasaki-israel-intl-hnk/index.html

Each year the two cities hold memorials attended by diplomats to promote global peace and the idea that nuclear weapons must never be used again.

This is interesting as it shows how strong allies they indeed are. Perhaps this is a signal for other parties to take note as well namely that USA and Israel stand together. Interesting times.