JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

3 hours ago, Ahuvah said:

Fragile, you just need to bump one and the whole thing will crumble.

It's like a domino effect...

But "peace" must comes first before the disaster...

Is the election in US in November will play a role with this? Will any of the candidate declare and promote peace globally before the disaster come?

🤔

2 hours ago, jrnievas said:

It's like a domino effect...

But "peace" must comes first before the disaster...

Is the election in US in November will play a role with this? Will any of the candidate declare and promote peace globally before the disaster come?

🤔

https://youtube.com/shorts/29mtyp-FfuM?si=sFXR2WD94CKpOZcE

4 hours ago, zoebarry said:

P&S may have already happened……

Just a reminder here 

Instead of speculating that such a statement fulfills the prophecy at 1 Thessalonians 5:3, we need to keep up-to-date with the latest published information. When we base our discussions on material published by Jehovah’s organization, we help the congregation to remain united “in the same line of thought.”—1 Cor. 1:10; 4:6.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2023285#h=49

And the slave's current thought is "no, it hasn't happened yet." 

See here - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2019561#h=13:0-15:607

Here is a great sum up of how this all works out:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2023605#h=18

And here - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2019602#h=9:254-10:528

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

This is just a thought, but we've heard variations of the phrase "peace and security" for decades, but because BtG wasn't destroyed we knew it wasn't the one we were waiting for. We've also had several uses of the phrase said recently by various world leaders, as has been pointed out in the chat. Now the point:

Truly imagine if BtG fell today. We would be looking around for who made the cry and what would we find? A few examples of random political figures using the phrase. We would probably assume it was one or all of them that made up the cry, but it would feel a little indecisive because there was nothing "special" about those cries; in fact, if it weren't for this chat I would never have heard about them. It would almost feel anti-climactic that the cry wasn't...more. That's why I don't think it's going to happen that way.

I think that when BtG is destroyed we will all know who made the cry and when. It would probably have been publicized broadly and been "special" in some way.* Not that we would have known at the time that it was the cry, but that when BtG was destroyed, we would immediately remember who made the cry, because it made an impact on our minds.** 

I just can't see the cry as coming from a politician no one has heard of before, or about an issue that affects relatively few, but that's just me.

*Maybe it's because it's attached to the end of a war, a peace treaty between many nations, a collection of many faiths, etc.

**We all remember the picture in the magazine where the Witness couple at the coffee shop are seeing the announcement of P&S on the news.

I think it will be super obvious when it happens and it will make even some JWs wonder if humans have actually finally achieved peace and SECURITY. It will seem that real and that possible... So possible that we had to be warned ahead of time not to fall for it. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

45 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

This is just a thought, but we've heard variations of the phrase "peace and security" for decades, but because BtG wasn't destroyed we knew it wasn't the one we were waiting for. We've also had several uses of the phrase said recently by various world leaders, as has been pointed out in the chat. Now the point:

Truly imagine if BtG fell today. We would be looking around for who made the cry and what would we find? A few examples of random political figures using the phrase. We would probably assume it was one or all of them that made up the cry, but it would feel a little indecisive because there was nothing "special" about those cries; in fact, if it weren't for this chat I would never have heard about them. It would almost feel anti-climactic that the cry wasn't...more. That's why I don't think it's going to happen that way.

I think that when BtG is destroyed we will all know who made the cry and when. It would probably have been publicized broadly and been "special" in some way.* Not that we would have known at the time that it was the cry, but that when BtG was destroyed, we would immediately remember who made the cry, because it made an impact on our minds.** 

I just can't see the cry as coming from a politician no one has heard of before, or about an issue that affects relatively few, but that's just me.

*Maybe it's because it's attached to the end of a war, a peace treaty between many nations, a collection of many faiths, etc.

**We all remember the picture in the magazine where the Witness couple at the coffee shop are seeing the announcement of P&S on the news.

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if one day we see the UN revamped in some way that everyone agrees that it finally has the authority to bring peace and security to the world. We would recognize that immediately.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

31 minutes ago, trottigy said:

I think it will be super obvious when it happens and it will make even some JWs wonder if humans have actually finally achieved peace and SECURITY. It will seem that real and that possible... So possible that we had to be warned ahead of time not to fall for it. 

Always remember mankind's peace and security is a optical illusion :bringiton::coffee:

UN’s most emphasized catchphrase? is peace and security, one that is distinct in their website.

But maybe the Bible just focuses on the fact that while UN seems to be actively working, that is when GT will happen, not just a one-time global proclamation but a series of decades-lasting peace and security activities. 

12 hours ago, trottigy said:

I think it will be super obvious when it happens and it will make even some JWs wonder if humans have actually finally achieved peace and SECURITY.

In that case war in Ukraine would have to be gone and Middle East stabilized ... plus more...

Don't you think? Otherwise "seriousness of PS wouldn't make any logical sense" 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 minute ago, New World Explorer said:

In that case war in Ukraine would have to be gone and Middle East stabilized ... plus more...

Don't you think? Otherwise "seriousness of PS wouldn't make any logical sense" 

ORRRRR ... give the impression it's stopped ... like a prolonged ceasefire. Remember they say peace when there is no peace. But maybe it will stop. Who knows? WWII was over in one day, at least on paper.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

8 hours ago, Ahuvah said:

ORRRRR ... give the impression it's stopped ... like a prolonged ceasefire. Remember they say peace when there is no peace. But maybe it will stop. Who knows? WWII was over in one day, at least on paper.

Technically it was being resolved from May to September 1945 (don't forget Japan lasted longer) 

But currently there is too many conflicts happening to take any PS cry seriously. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

8 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Technically it was being resolved from May to September 1945 (don't forget Japan lasted longer) 

But currently there is too many conflicts happening to take any PS cry seriously. 

That's why I said on paper.

Signs and wonders my friend. Never say never. I'll talk to you too in a hundred years ... or maybe even a few. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

8 hours ago, Ahuvah said:

That's why I said on paper.

Signs and wonders my friend. Never say never. I'll talk to you too in a hundred years ... or maybe even a few. 

No doubt it will be fascinating to see how GT unfolds! Can't wait! 

2 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

No doubt it will be fascinating to see how GT unfolds! Can't wait! 

Hehe. Looks like some rubbish weather coming from aussie in the meantime.