JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

2 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

Interesting Percy, I thought only Princip died of TB. Guess I didn't research enough. But it was an interesting delve into history huh? So many forgotten tid bits that led up to a world war.

The Smithsonian article mentioned 2 but the others don't have much written about them. They are treated as heros in Serbia, as they were part of a larger organization called the 'Black Hand', put together by some army officers. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hand_(Serbia) 

The enemy was Austria-Hungary but Germany was the one who ended up paying for the war. The assassination anniversary is but 9 days away. The BBC had a good but long series called the Fall of Eagles. It recounts the events leading up to the war through the eyes of England under Queen Victoria. It was after all a confederation of nations related through her daughters and granddaughters. I think there has been a thought or two about a connection to the bible but a positive one. Boy were they wrong!  Start with #1 if you can find it. So many coincidental things happening at that time. But only if you like history.

Edited by Percy

Link seems to be a previous one so trying to fix it.

We just went to the "Patience" regional convention and at no time did they even mention the word "soon". No one said anything about the end being "close", "soon" or "near". Instead I heard them say - how ever long it takes even if it doesn't come "soon" we will wait patiently and stay busy. May Jehovah help us to stay busy patiently waiting and trusting He has the right timing for all of this.

:hugs:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

4 hours ago, trottigy said:

Acabamos de ir à convenção regional "Paciência" e em nenhum momento eles mencionaram a palavra "em breve". Ninguém disse nada sobre o fim estar "próximo", "em breve" ou "próximo". Em vez disso, ouvi-os dizer - quanto tempo demorar, mesmo que não chegue "em breve", esperaremos pacientemente e ficaremos ocupados. Que Jeová nos ajude a ficar ocupados esperando pacientemente e confiando que Ele tem o tempo certo para tudo isso.

:abraços:

So it will take a long time yet 😢

2 minutes ago, Loyal said:

So it will take a long time yet 😢

I think sometimes we want to get hints of time left in this system based on what is said in articles or talks. But, we have to remember that no one knows the day or hour.  We can become anxious looking for a "sign".  We know the time is short and we have been advised to stay busy.  Time will fly by or creep along depending on what we focus on.  

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

12 minutes ago, jwmom said:

Time will fly by or creep along depending on what we focus on.  

:thumbsup: That is the key. If we are eagerly watching and talking about every world event and expecting it to be the beginning of a bible prophecy, we will burn out. The moderators on this site have reminded the members for many years to not focus on words and events to tell us how much time is left, but to focus on what we are supposed to be doing in the time we have left.

The end is imminent, and we know what to do...

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

:thumbsup: That is the key. If we are eagerly watching and talking about every world event and expecting it to be the beginning of a bible prophecy, we will burn out. The moderators on this site have reminded the members for many years to not focus on words and events to tell us how much time is left, but to focus on what we are supposed to be doing in the time we have left.

The end is imminent, and we know what to do...

Thats why some of our bro and sis in my country do whatever they can to migrate in US, Canada and Australia because they want to secure their retirement that they couldnt get in my country. The corruption here is totally rampant. 

Healthcare system is very poor. If you have critical illness, means money and youll die and they migrate to go to a country with better health system so they can still extend their life because we dont know the day or the hour. 

To be honest, Ive been excited for years about the end of this system. Ive been looking for that particular signs on magazines, broadcasting and conventions.  Nobody wants this system. Lots of problems and sufferings and  the time is not for us. 

And another reason why we embrace the truth and put faith on it is that we want a better world.  

5 hours ago, JennyM said:

To be honest, Ive been excited for years about the end of this system. Ive been looking for that particular signs on magazines, broadcasting and conventions.  Nobody wants this system. Lots of problems and sufferings and  the time is not for us. 

Don't look for a "thief" ...:whistling:

"The Thief" will come unexpectedly.

Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, you need nothing to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know very well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. 3 Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them.

Bank Robber Thief GIF by Bill Greenhead

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Don't look for a "thief" ...:whistling:

"The Thief" will come unexpectedly.

Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, you need nothing to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know very well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. 3 Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them.

Bank Robber Thief GIF by Bill Greenhead

I love that gif! 

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

For most christains the time you think not to be is after death...

Thief in the night will be the worlds expectations of a better world.... And the delusion there is no God they get whatever worldy government plan in motion that causes the nations anguish not knowing the way out.

The last thing to look for in my opinion are false Christs...

10 hours ago, vern said:

For most christains the time you think not to be is after death...

Thief in the night will be the worlds expectations of a better world.... And the delusion there is no God they get whatever worldy government plan in motion that causes the nations anguish not knowing the way out.

The last thing to look for in my opinion are false Christs...

Peace and security is on the table.  Ukraine peace talks.. China in arab nations.

Theyre talking about it and dream to have better world independent with Jehovah God.  

43 minutes ago, JennyM said:

im starting to get sick . moody due to hormonal imbalance... feeling extreme emotions.. I easily get tired. Looking forward to have a better health in the future.

Sis, you are in good company, please be assured. Myself and many, many other women I talk too are the same. This tiredness is different.  

Love you sis, 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

1 hour ago, JennyM said:

im starting to get sick . moody due to hormonal imbalance... feeling extreme emotions.. I easily get tired. Looking forward to have a better health in the future.

We are on the same ship sis. I got a lot of health problems too. Keep your focus on spiritual things.

What will this October bring?

October 4026 BC - Adam created

October 2370 BC - The deluge begins

October 607 BC - The gentile times begin

October 1473 BC - The walls of Jericho falls, Isrealites enter the promised land.

October 539 BC - Babylon falls to Cyrus the Great

October 537 BC - Jews return to Jerusalem

October year 2 BC Jesus is born

October year 29 - Jesus is baptized. The Messiah appears

October year 1914 - Jesus is King.

Hang in there Jenny, we are almost home.  We don't know when but, it is soon!

36 minutes ago, cme said:

What will this October bring?

October 4026 BC - Adam created

October 2370 BC - The deluge begins

October 607 BC - The gentile times begin

October 1473 BC - The walls of Jericho falls, Isrealites enter the promised land.

October 539 BC - Babylon falls to Cyrus the Great

October 537 BC - Jews return to Jerusalem

October year 2 BC Jesus is born

October year 29 - Jesus is baptized. The Messiah appears

October year 1914 - Jesus is King.

Hang in there Jenny, we are almost home.  We don't know when but, it is soon!

Thanks .. The watchtower for sunday is just in time. Im sorry if I sound impatient. Our lives  right now is just surviving not living.