JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

I have to make a comment in support of having children.  If most of our congregation decided no children till the new world back in the 2000's, we'd be in trouble.  Washington state is either atheist or crazy evangelical type christians.  Not enough baptisms happening to replace an aging servant body.  Fortunately, we have young bloods able to step up, and some younger elders able to replace the 3 elders that can only be an elder in name only due to health.  This situation is being repeated in many congregations in our circuit.  Plus, the amount of joy the parents feel after they survived the teen years when their young adults go to Bethel/LDC/Need-greating is palpable.  Or just seeing your son/daughter put 110% effort into the truth.  Support you when you are down.  And we will need youthful vigor during the GT.  In many countries I'm sure it can come from bible studies, but we're not having that many here.

40 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

I have to make a comment in support of having children.  If most of our congregation decided no children till the new world back in the 2000's, we'd be in trouble.  Washington state is either atheist or crazy evangelical type christians.  Not enough baptisms happening to replace an aging servant body.  Fortunately, we have young bloods able to step up, and some younger elders able to replace the 3 elders that can only be an elder in name only due to health.  This situation is being repeated in many congregations in our circuit.  Plus, the amount of joy the parents feel after they survived the teen years when their young adults go to Bethel/LDC/Need-greating is palpable.  Or just seeing your son/daughter put 110% effort into the truth.  Support you when you are down.  And we will need youthful vigor during the GT.  In many countries I'm sure it can come from bible studies, but we're not having that many here.

interresting point,

our elders here are getting older and our co's often reminds us to train and prepare the younger brothers,

the problem is that we dont have enough of them..

1 hour ago, jps said:

interresting point,

our elders here are getting older and our co's often reminds us to train and prepare the younger brothers,

the problem is that we dont have enough of them..

In our area it was and somewhat still is a mess. I might add, there is nothing wrong appointing younger brothers in the congregation, yet nepotism and buddy buddy system need to go.

6 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

It was published in Jeremiah book , chap 8 Keep living like Jeremiah which says  "It takes serious  consideration to have children these days because we will be facing great tribulation." That book was our CBS in 2009. Life is getting harder.

There are tech recession which means slow hiring now, which I believe that it will just get worse and gradually the economy will fail since the King of the North was identified in 2018 . 

1 hour ago, JennyM said:

It was published in Jeremiah book , chap 8 Keep living like Jeremiah which says  "It takes serious  consideration to have children these days because we will be facing great tribulation."  Life is getting harder.

Hebrews 12:1 comes to mind.  "Put off every weight".   In November we study lesson 36 "Carry What You Must, and Throw Off the Rest".

From par.13 -  "Recognize that Jehovah has given us all free will.  Jehovah knows that you are not a perfect parent; he simply wants you to do the best you can.  Still, you may fret over mistakes you made as a parent.  He knows you cannot relive the past and change what has happened.  At the same time, he does not expect you to keep your child from reaping what he has sown."

Serious consideration is very wise.  It's not just about earning enough money to support a family.  What kind of parent will you be?  The GT isn't an ideal time to find out.

9 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

have to make a comment in support of having children.  If most of our congregation decided no children till the new world back in the 2000's, we'd be in trouble.  Washington state is either atheist or crazy evangelical type christians.  Not enough baptisms happening to replace an aging servant body.  Fortunately, we have young bloods able to step up, and some younger elders able to replace the 3 elders that can only be an elder in name only due to health.  This situation is being repeated in many congregations in our circuit.  Plus, the amount of joy the parents feel after they survived the teen years when their young adults go to Bethel/LDC/Need-greating is palpable.  Or just seeing your son/daughter put 110% effort into the truth.  Support you when you are down.  And we will need youthful vigor during the GT.  In many countries I'm sure it can come from bible studies, but we're not having that many here.

Very true. Sadly I‘ve seen some (even interviewed at a circuit assembly) crying that they inadvertently became pregnant and needed support, as if a child was some kind of inconceivable sin and that they felt overwhelmed by. Yes times are difficult, but children are a gift. It’s troubling when children are viewed as ruining one‘s life should they come along. Those early years go by fast. 

Edited by Amygdala

- Read the Bible daily 

Phil.2:5

@Doug Some became inactive in my country. Life is hard. Economy is weak. and they have more than 1 or 2 children. Everything is expensive .. From rent, healthcare, and food. How much more if GT comes. 

I am a parent of 1 and I could say that I was able to manage it with Jah's help. 

As a parent, you got to put much effort in raising children. I had to wake up 5am and sleep 12midnight for more than a decade so I could balance everything,  work + ministry + parenting. 

Inflation is skyrocketing and its not getting better. 

1 minute ago, JennyM said:

Some became inactive in my country. Life is hard. Economy is weak. and they have more than 1 or 2 children. Everything is expensive .. From rent, healthcare, and food. How much more if GT comes

This is a good point. Children should be carefully weighed against local economic situations, but many families have been able to encourage spiritual growth even in such circumstances. Depends on one’s view towards material things, that can ensnare even those without children.

- Read the Bible daily 

Phil.2:5

5 minutes ago, Amygdala said:

Very true. Sadly I‘ve seen some (even interviewed at a circuit assembly) crying that they inadvertently became pregnant and needed support, as if a child was some kind of inconceivable sin and that they felt overwhelmed by. Yes times are difficult, but children are a gift. It’s troubling when children are viewed as ruining one‘s life should they come along. Those early years go by fast. 

Our publication doesnt teach us to view children as burden when they come along. When youre married, most likely , you will have children. If they dont want children  then dont marry. 

But it says, "its getting harder for children to keep on living spiritually."

So many distractions today. 

Most people arent spiritual anymore. We are like living  in Jeremiah's time. 

1 hour ago, Amygdala said:

Yes times are difficult, but children are a gift. It’s troubling when children are viewed as ruining one‘s life should they come along. 

In some cultures children are considered your old-age safety net.  You change their diapers and later they change yours.  :kisscheek:

Maybe that's when the children are truly a gift?  When the roles are reversed?  And they are your best human friend.  ❤️

@Amygdala  They are gifts. Whether they become jw or not, somehow, they are companion and support to older parents. 

@Doug Im 40 now. My daughter is 17 now. I dont think she will change diapers on me. Time left is reduced literally in our days. Im in recruitment and I can feel the effect of recession at my work. Less jobs and slow hiring. It will get worse next year. 

Has anyone look closely at the Daniel image where the stone hit the image and passed it?

The governments according to Daniel are already crumbling.  Therefore, the image with the stone hurled directly at its feet and the image is falling.

We are in the throws of the last, of the last days!  There is no guess-work here.  All of man's government is teetering and about to fall  and are falling!  Hence, the art work of the statute with the stone hitting and passing.

Human governments are all teetering.  All of them.  We are waiting for the call of "Peace" and we know that is a false cry.

There is no doubt that the end is upon us.  We will face difficulties with or without children.

Edited by cme

add sentence

2 hours ago, cme said:

Has anyone look closely at the Daniel image where the stone hit the image and passed it?

The governments according to Daniel are already crumbling.  Therefore, the image with the stone hurled directly at its feet and the image is falling.

We are in the throws of the last, of the last days!  There is no guess-work here.  All of man's government is teetering and about to fall  and are falling!  Hence, the art work of the statute with the stone hitting and passing.

Human governments are all teetering.  All of them.  We are waiting for the call of "Peace" and we know that is a false cry.

There is no doubt that the end is upon us.  We will face difficulties with or without children.

I think my parents were having difficulties when I was a child and this was long before the GT. Gee, I wonder why?

Edited by Dustparticle

8 hours ago, cme said:

Yes, the governments, all of them, are in a long, slow process of failing. Meanwhile, war makes for a reliable distraction from their failure.  The stone will put them out of their miserable, painful failure.

When the GT begins, there will be (1) Babies/Children  (2) Progressive/Unbaptized Bible studies  (3) Mentally ill.

Our King will know how to handle each scenario.

All

I not a prophet, yet I begun using my 1 year supply of toilet paper. Hopefully this would last me into the NW. So that would mean we might be in the NW by the end of 2024 Field Service year.  I cannot say this will happen this way. Why? Because unforeseen occurrences. Who knows, my supply might last into the 2025 Field Service year. It will be a roller-coaster year.

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

All

I not a prophet, yet I begun using my 1 year supply of toilet paper. Hopefully this would last me into the NW. So that would mean we might be in the NW by the end of 2024 Field Service year.  I cannot say this will happen this way. Why? Because unforeseen occurrences. Who knows, my supply might last into the 2025 Field Service year. It will be a roller-coaster year.

spare a square? (seinfeld reference...)

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

All

I not a prophet, yet I begun using my 1 year supply of toilet paper. Hopefully this would last me into the NW. So that would mean we might be in the NW by the end of 2024 Field Service year.  

First  -  Don't panic.

Second -  Less fiber in the diet.

17 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

All

Media_230806_084050.gif.2bceff050524f63698b85660af960e1a.gif

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/aug/06/winter-heatwave-andes-sign-things-come-scientists-warn

Exceptional winter heat in the Andean mountains of South America has surged to 37C, prompting local scientists to warn the worst may be yet to come as human-caused climate disruption and El Niño cause havoc across the region.

The weather is crazy all over the world…