JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wishlist for JW Library

Anyway, regarding to that incoming updates, whether it will be available sooner or sooner, I just want to share my thoughts about it ..

If the mentioned features will be available to the JW Library app, it would make JW Library app so exciting to use... (I'm not saying 'I am not excited to use it before' but maybe I was 😆 hahaha just kidding)

Hmmm.. So here's the three features that I am excited to explore:

1. Notebooks

So if Notebook will also be part of it, it will help us to organize our 'personal study notes' 

Here's my what if's?

- What if the notebook in JW Library app have a sub-folders features?

- What if we can use different headings, bolds, italics, indents, and other note-app features for the JW Library app? Should we expect to export our notes to PDF? or as we commonly use as .jwlibrary?

- What if we can link our notes to other notes inside the app?

We don't know.

But I think, notes will stay simple as what it is right now.

2. Playlists for Videos

I'm so excited to this feature. If this will be available, it will make videos from the app so excited to watch.

For example, I can make a playlist and add a video about an Introduction to a particular book of the Bible, then, add to my playlist the videos that is related to that book, (for example, morning worship, or monthly broadcasting, or a segment from convention that discussed the particular scriptures from it)

I will also add short videos, so that my playlist can have a 'commercial, like the short video about the Watchtower Magazine, or video about the JW Language app, or a video about Movie/Drama trailers .. It's like a short commercial...

Hayyysss 😆😆😆 I'm so excited about it .... hehehe 

3. Playlists for Music/Song

Since I already made a playlists for our original songs through external app [called, Oto Music, an android app], I already have the list of songs to include to my playlist. But I can sort it by category, for example, music about:

- Ministry

- Faith-Strengthening

- Happy Songs

- Sad songs

Hehehe... not a sad song but if I feel sad, I like to play this kind of songs .. hehe ..

Here's my what if?

- What if the audio publication can be added too to playlists such as watchtower study article, awake magazines, audio drama, Bible chapter, and other audio publications?

Yeah .. that's all ...

I'm just too excited to see how Jehovah will bring gold instead of copper. 😁😉

Are you ready to see it too?

20 hours ago, jrnievas said:

Are you ready to see it too?

I am waiting for the update to test every new feature.

I want to create playlists with specific subjects, mixing everything I can, from morning worship to congress videos.

I hope one day to be able to format notes with italics and bold, at least. And select colors for the notes regardless of the markup.

Synchronization would be a great feature for those who use more than one device.

2 hours ago, WestBro said:

I am waiting for the update to test every new feature.

I want to create playlists with specific subjects, mixing everything I can, from morning worship to congress videos.

I hope one day to be able to format notes with italics and bold, at least. And select colors for the notes regardless of the markup.

Synchronization would be a great feature for those who use more than one device.

.... the new world bro, it will all be possible...

5 hours ago, Abigail said:

Agreed. Really desperate to be able to have multiple tabs open for research. End up having to write on a piece of paper ...

You can do it using the different tabs from JW Library app.

To use it:

1. Copy first the link of article you want to read.

2. Paste it on your Keep Notes app (if you are using Android phone) then press back button so that it will become an open link.

3. Then, go to JW Library and pick one of the tabs [Home • Bible • Library • Meetings • Personal Study] Choose at least one of this tabs.

4. Go to Keep Notes then open the link. This link will be opened to one of the tabs from JW Library.

• 4 weeks later...

JWMerge no longer works with the updated JWLibrary so I also wish for a way to synchronize Notes and Playlists between devices.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 hours ago, Tortuga said:

JWMerge no longer works with the updated JWLibrary so I also wish for a way to synchronize Notes and Playlists between devices.

I use an android app to sync my Local backup of JW Library Notes/Playlists to my brothers Laptop ..

and it can also sync to Android devices ..

Android to Android

Android to PC

PC to Android  

🙂

I will try to post the step by step process of it here 😄

2 minutes ago, jrnievas said:

I use an android app to sync my Local backup of JW Library Notes/Playlists to my brothers Laptop ..

and it can also sync to Android devices ..

Android to Android

Android to PC

PC to Android  

🙂

I will try to post the step by step process of it here 😄

I would like something that merges the different files. I make separate notes on three different devices, and I would use JWMerge to merge them into a single backup file that I would restore to each device. So once a month every device had the same notes and highlights.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

I would like something that merges the different files. I make separate notes on three different devices, and I would use JWMerge to merge them into a single backup file that I would restore to each device. So once a month every device had the same notes and highlights.

Aaaahh .. I'm sorry, I can't find any helpful ways to do that things 🥲🥹 😄