JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wishlist for JW Library

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 9:13 PM, Hinata said:

speed control

✔️ (I believe the newest JWLibrary update now includes this feature.)

displaying SUBTITLES for videos.

✔️ (I believe the newest JWLibrary update now has subtitles in English if available.)

subtitles for videos in JWL

✔️ (I believe the newest JWLibrary update now has subtitles in English if available.)

See: https://jwtalk.net/topic/53546-jw-library-new-update/

Edited by Br. Ice

17 minutes ago, Br. Ice said:

✔️ (I believe the newest JWLibrary update now includes this feature.)

See: https://jwtalk.net/topic/53546-jw-library-new-update/

Just more evidence that WHQ monitors this site...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Douglas Pinheiro said:

The new update of the JW Library is excellent, I just miss the subtitles in several languages. Example: jw broadcasting audio in English and Portuguese subtitle option.

It may be possible that sometime in the future, the ability to use subtitles in the languages other than the audio language be added in jw library.

If you look at the subtitle options in jw library at the moment, it either says: off, or audio language. For example, if you are watching a video in French, it will say either off, or French.

That might indicate that you could choose other languages in this subtitle options. Otherwise, there is no need to list the name of the subtitle language again if it will always be same as audio language. But if it allows us to choose multiple subtitle languages, having the subtitle language displayed will make sense.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 1:49 PM, trottigy said:

It would be nice to have a Playlist for the audio and video section too.

Also, I'd love to have a JWLibrary widget. Let me set it to the daytext as an example.

About widget - it works (on windows, Microsoft surface). You can see in live tiles on the menu section.

On 7/7/2022 at 6:18 PM, Hinata said:

As for another improvement that those in av department can use, the ability to use and custom image or video in jwl would be nice, for public talk or local needs or other programs.

I get it, the purpose is that, they probably don't want people to load weird files on jwl. But seriously, how many are going to do that for that to be a serious problem?

Playlists have long been a feature in the JW Sign Language Library App. In fact, you can add custom images and videos to your playlists. This is how we operate our meetings. The only software we use is camera operating software, zoom, and JWL Sign Language. 

On 9/16/2022 at 7:15 AM, dljbsp said:

Custom video is never allowed at a meeting. Video during the meeting is always at the direction of the branch. (Key words: "at a meeting" ) Even at a meeting for Field Service the brothers are permitted to use video from JWLibrary or JW.org ONLY if it has been previously shown at a meeting. Never DURING a wedding talk. But before or after OK

When we follow directions we can be 'content' with what is provided. 

Do you have a reference for this? Maybe it's just a sign language thing, but we on occasion use non-theocratic video. (emphasis on "on occasion")

4 hours ago, 1MKnight said:

Playlists have long been a feature in the JW Sign Language Library App. In fact, you can add custom images and videos to your playlists. This is how we operate our meetings. The only software we use is camera operating software, zoom, and JWL Sign Language. 

Do you have a reference for this? Maybe it's just a sign language thing, but we on occasion use non-theocratic video. (emphasis on "on occasion")

I was relayed from another brother some time ago that JWLSL has that feature. I feel that warrants the feature on the main app even more.

That direction regarding video is only available to elders. But a similar direction is found at S-141 pars. 8, 9, which states that we may only use motionless pictures, but without organisational direction, no videos are allowed. That direction would apply equally to other congregational meetings.

But of course, while I am fully aware of that, there is no reason why we should switch to VLC and JWL back and forth if doing it.

Edited by Hinata

• 2 months later...

I'd like to be able to add a video to my Notes.  For instance, if a speaker from headquarters makes a particularly insightful comment at a convention on some Bible verse, I'd like to be able to, after cutting the video down to that specific comment on a specific verse, add that video to my Notes for easy access to where I could click on the link in the Note and the video would start to play.

It may not be feasible to allow editing of videos, but having the video start at the place marked would be a way of doing that

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

18 minutes ago, Qapla said:

It may not be feasible to allow editing of videos, but having the video start at the place marked would be a way of doing that

Hmmm.  You've got me thinking.  Not exactly what you are proposing, but I can pretty easily cut a video down to just the part I want, and then I suppose I could put that video in "Dropbox public," and then use the link that Dropbox generates in my JW Library note for a certain scripture.  I don't think it would be "clickable," but at least I could then copy and paste that link from JW Library into a browser when I want to view the video again.

I'll try that! 

Edited by Lloyd777

On 7/1/2022 at 5:34 PM, Br. Ice said:

At the moment I have four things on my wishlist for JW Library:

1) The ability to widen the side panel, when you tap a note you have written it appears in a narrow window to the side. So, basically the ability to widen that window.

2) The ability to underline beside highlighting.

3) The ability to make words bold or italic in notes.

4) An undo button for when you make a mistake (like highlighting the whole article)

An undo button would be a bless, I have a motorola, so it bugs A LOT. I have so many memories of me making the most organized Watchtower marking and on the last, it bugging and whole article being marked. When it happens I just give up and believe in my memory to do comments.

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

7 hours ago, WestBro said:

I would like to see the JW Library with the ability to create playlist, organize personal study notes, and the ability to select images within the app to use in public talks.

Oops, I think I already saw more someone talking about that too. 

😬🤣

It's because that's the next update will be. 😆😆😆