JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Dad Defended for Pushing Back Against 'Militant' Wife's Vegan Meltdown

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 591 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

In a viral Reddit post published on the popular r/TrueOffMyChest forum, Redditor u/FanUnlikely3822 (otherwise referred to as the original poster, or OP) said all was well when his wife became a vegetarian but explained how the dynamic changed dramatically when she swore off animal products altogether.

Titled, "My wife has become a militant vegan and I can't stand it anymore," the post has received more than 16,500 upvotes and 3,200 comments since August 26.

https://www.newsweek.com/dad-defended-pushing-back-against-militant-wifes-vegan-meltdown-1737887

Crazy 

Vegans have a reputation for being very single minded to the point of obsession.

We have our very own vegan brat, born and bred right here in Perth, W.A. and the media love to give her exposure - in more ways than one.

She stages protests, semi naked and covered in 'blood'. She goes into high end shops, that sell leather goods, wool and fur, in the same condition, along with many other similar forms of behaviour, all in the name of the animals. 

She  was eventually banned from every licensed business in the state so has now moved to Melbourne and is continuing her stunts over there.

She seems to be gaining international notoriety and is now worth a lot of money.

I would share a link but most of them seem to have pictures of her in her semi naked state and I don't think it's appropriate to share here, and I don't want to cause offence.  If you want to read about her, just Google her name. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

• 3 weeks later...

We once had a group come up to us "being in your face" about veganism.

They asked a mocking question that I was cruel, unhumane etc about eating meat and how do I fell about it?

My reply was, "Have you ever tasted a long pig with a bottle of Chianti and fava beans?"

Their response "What's a long pig?"

I replied "It's the most humane meat you can ever eat."

16 hours ago, Pabo said:

They asked a mocking question that I was cruel, unhumane etc about eating meat and how do I fell about it?

My reply was, "Have you ever tasted a long pig with a bottle of Chianti and fava beans?"

Hannibal Lecter reference ? Seriously ? 

Edited by Dages

16 hours ago, Pabo said:

Was this out in service?? 😬 

That reminds me of a long time ago I was with a group doing public witnessing (pre- carts, Metro etc) in downtown Miami. There were always a lot of characters around.

A man came up to us and asked, "Where can I find a beautiful woman?"

A brother in the group laughed and mumbled "maybe on the internet"--he said it as a joke.

The man said, "That's what I was told by those who weren't Christians," and walked away.

I always thought it was kind of a cringey moment b/c it wasn't a legit question and maybe the guy wasn't all there, but it wasn't the best witness either.

11 hours ago, Dages said:

Hannibal Lecter reference ? Seriously ? 

I was hoping they get the reference. But I didn't do the action that the actor did afterwards.

3 hours ago, Esined said:

Was this out in service??

No, I was with a few work colleagues attending a work seminar for a couple days and we happen to walk past them. They thought my comeback to them was hilarious, as they left us alone very quickly.

Edited by Pabo

19 hours ago, Pabo said:

unhumane....

....the most humane

Okay, I got the joke, still not laughing...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Suddenly reminder of this:

https://youtu.be/qLxu3Cb3fMA

That is funny stuff!

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

On 9/16/2022 at 10:41 AM, Esined said:

That reminds me of a long time ago I was with a group doing public witnessing (pre- carts, Metro etc) in downtown Miami. There were always a lot of characters around. 

A man came up to us and asked, "Where can I find a beautiful woman?"

A brother in the group laughed and mumbled "maybe on the internet"--he said it as a joke.

The man said, "That's what I was told by those who weren't Christians," and walked away.

I always thought it was kind of a cringey moment b/c it wasn't a legit question and maybe the guy wasn't all there, but it wasn't the best witness either.

I use to supervise a group of people and when someone would ask me a question, I got in the habit of asking them why they asked the question. Unfortunately some people may think that is a challenge or is dismissive, but it was really just to put their question into context so I could provide the correct answer within the context of the question.

I think it is a good practice to understand why someone is asking a question so you can provide a contextual answer, it would have saved that brother some embarrassment. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D