JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is it time to risk investing in crypto?

Message added by carlos,

JWTalk doesn't offer advice about investments. The contents of this thread are just personal opinions of members and may be wrong. Many people who invest in crypto lose most of their investment. Don't invest any money you can't afford to lose and consult an expert before investing a big sum (Proverbs 21:5). If things go wrong, don't say JWTalk recommended it, we didn't.

13 hours ago, computerwiz said:

Crypto portfolio so far...

image.thumb.png.dd9b6dd2a92174ef219f3396e5bf181a.png

Even now, it's not too late to join the party.  Crypto's going nuts!  🤪

Just beware of "sell in May & go away!"  Won't be long before we're there...

Do you mean May in 2025? 

15 hours ago, bobby said:

so i may be going back to and looking into investment once again 

so how do i get this" knowledge of hardware wallets, gas fees, and how to safely transfer between networks."

You may not need to know all that if you just stick with Robinhood or Coinbase. Now that we're entering the bull market, I wouldn't worry about Coinbase going under. But if you still want to use a hardware wallet, or you want to get at the more exotic coins like SCLP, lemme know and I can guide you. 

9 hours ago, Hotteok said:

Do you mean May in 2025? 

No I mean THIS May. And every May. It's a saying for a reason... 

4 hours ago, computerwiz said:

You may not need to know all that if you just stick with Robinhood or Coinbase. Now that we're entering the bull market, I wouldn't worry about Coinbase going under. But if you still want to use a hardware wallet, or you want to get at the more exotic coins like SCLP, lemme know and I can guide you. 

No I mean THIS May. And every May. It's a saying for a reason... 

ok so how much should i start with to invest 

so hear a Q. for i know with stocks you can have the dividends buy more dividends 

can you do the same with crypto 

and i was looking at coinbase that have  bitcoin, Ethereum, Tether, Solana, xpr are all

these crypto or is that some thing different 

and witch one invests or is there like a fund witch as all of them 

Edited by bobby

6 hours ago, Hotteok said:

I thought bull run would last until the end of Q1 next year.

It will, but there's ups AND downs along the way. May should be a down month. Maybe even June.

But I'm just saying that as an FYI. I am not selling before May even knowing how it will probably behave. Crypto could do something different. I just want everyone to be aware of "sell in May" and not panic if and when it happens. 

2 hours ago, bobby said:

ok so how much should i start with to invest 

Whatever you are comfortable with losing.

While gains are pretty much guaranteed, all we need is the government to say "hey let's ban crypto" and it will tank big time...

So always be safe & smart with your money. 

1 hour ago, bobby said:

i know with stocks you can have the dividends buy more dividends 

can you do the same with crypto

Yes, to a certain extent. They don't all offer something like that. I know on Coinbase Tezos offers the most. But I'm not sure if that's a good coin. I'll look into it if you'd like. 

1 hour ago, bobby said:

i was looking at coinbase that have  bitcoin, Ethereum, Tether, Solana, xpr are all

these crypto or is that some thing different

Those are all different crypto coins. Just like there's different stocks, there's different coins. 

1 hour ago, bobby said:

witch one invests or is there like a fund witch as all of them 

You have to pick the ones you want. 

25 minutes ago, bobby said:

ok yeah can you look into that would be great 

Well it's a decent coin, but I don't think it's gonna do as well as others.  In fact I never hear anyone talking about it.

I'd recommend going with one of these instead:

image.png.583a6fcc9ab6c1b74eed0db39dda365d.png

And make sure to get the original...Bitcoin.  Can't go wrong with the king!  😉

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, computerwiz said:

Good red day to buy today.  I picked up CGPT and COTI.

Memecoins are down too.  SHIB and DOGE are worth considering if you play the memecoins...

Cgpt seems like a niche AI coin!

1 minute ago, bobby said:

what about mining for Bitcoin or Crypto

For the most part, it's cost-prohibitive for the little guy.  But if you run a heater more days out of the year than A/C, there's a heater that also mines Bitcoin.  Or if you have a PC that you leave on all day, there's a few coins that offer rewards for using your extra hard drive space.

But again, the payments you'd get would be worth less than the electricity you use.  But if you're already leaving your PC on all the time....why not make money while doing it?