JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is it time to risk investing in crypto?

Message added by carlos,

JWTalk doesn't offer advice about investments. The contents of this thread are just personal opinions of members and may be wrong. Many people who invest in crypto lose most of their investment. Don't invest any money you can't afford to lose and consult an expert before investing a big sum (Proverbs 21:5). If things go wrong, don't say JWTalk recommended it, we didn't.

The answer to this topic's title: yes!

Those that invested are probably quite happy right now.  ^_^  For those that are now interested in getting into it:

BTC, MATIC, ETH are the safest ones to get into.  Use Robinhood or M1 Finance for the safest exchanges.

XRP, VET, and SCLP are the ones with the most potential.  Use KuCoin for these and store on MetaMask or Ledger for safekeeping.

Not too late to jump onboard.  Expect a "Nike swoosh" recovery to the markets.  But that slow slope upwards will be wavy like a roller coaster.  So don't panic with the ups and downs.  Just enjoy the ride and buy & hold (don't try to trade).

• 1 month later...

For any crypto investors out there:

If you use Binance.us, GET YOUR FUNDS OFF OF IT NOW!!!  The SEC is looking to freeze all of their assets.

If you use Coinbase...seriously consider getting your funds off of it as well.  The SEC is suing them.  Doubt they'll shut them down, but it could cause problems.

If you use Pionex.us (which I recommended earlier)....it would be wise to remove your funds from there.  All the de-listings that they're doing + the drama from the SEC + their ties to Binance for liquidity = potential problems in the near future.

Basically...we are not out of the woods yet.  If you want to play with crypto, make sure to put your coins into a hardware wallet (Ledger or Trezor).  Don't keep ANYTHING on an exchange right now.  We need to get past this drama first.

Right now, I feel like the only safe crypto investments are BTC, ETH, SCLP, and XRP.  That's it.  Everything else is in danger from the SEC's rampage right now....

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Well anyone who bought into crypto when I said to is probably very happy right now.  Especially RNDR, that thing took off!

Here's how my Bitcoin prediction (purple lines) is panning out so far.  More or less on point...

image.thumb.png.415315ed13fc86771e4101377334727c.png

That being the case, there may be an opportunity for late-comers to join in on the fun soon!

I say be very careful about what you recommend. I was advised from a very trusted source that this was a no brainer. I am just glad that I did not invest as much as he said that I should. I invested at the top. Lost 90%+. I also had thought that Crypto was like the stock market buy and hold. I did not check it for a month and that is when I saw this. I am not saying do not invest but be very careful and do your research. Make sure you know how to handle these markets. 

image.png.41d53d93b101f2734200b58518ac2442.png

3 hours ago, Bart1044 said:

I say be very careful about what you recommend. I was advised from a very trusted source that this was a no brainer. I am just glad that I did not invest as much as he said that I should. I invested at the top. Lost 90%+. I also had thought that Crypto was like the stock market buy and hold. I did not check it for a month and that is when I saw this. I am not saying do not invest but be very careful and do your research. Make sure you know how to handle these markets. 

image.png.41d53d93b101f2734200b58518ac2442.png

I've been messing with crypto since 2013 and can tell you 99% of projects do that.

If you take the safe route, you can get a nice 4-6x easy. Beyond the "trusted" top ten you are taking big risks. No such thing as a "no brainier". 

I have 16 tips that I live by, and one of them is not to keep all your eggs in 1 basket. In other words have a diverse portfolio. That helps protect against these duds. 😉

Newcomers to crypto need MAJOR guidance. It's not easy peezy by any stretch of the imagination, for now. I'm willing to help for those that can handle it... 

Which coin was that? 🤔

36 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

I've been messing with crypto since 2013 and can tell you 99% of projects do that.

If you take the safe route, you can get a nice 4-6x easy. Beyond the "trusted" top ten you are taking big risks. No such thing as a "no brainier". 

I have 16 tips that I live by, and one of them is not to keep all your eggs in 1 basket. In other words have a diverse portfolio. That helps protect against these duds. 😉

Newcomers to crypto need MAJOR guidance. It's not easy peezy by any stretch of the imagination, for now. I'm willing to help for those that can handle it... 

Which coin was that? 

Woah 2013 to date is a hold lot of time and you got a lot of experience in the space. All I know is you need not invest what you can't afford to lose, and also one needs good guidance on how to keep your investment safe, what to invest and how to go about. 

Edited by Asele

Like very other businesses you need to know the strategies of the business before jumping in. Do not jump into any business without having a core knowledge of what it is, learn your business and get to know the advantages and disadvantages of every business before you jump in. In all get a good mentor in every business.

Edited by Asele

2 hours ago, computerwiz said:

Which coin was that? 🤔

How do you see stx? 
I’m holding some. 

36 minutes ago, Hotteok said:

How do you see stx? 
I’m holding some. 

If you bought this some months ago you should be in good profit now. Still have room for growth. 

9 hours ago, Hotteok said:

How do you see stx?
I’m holding some. 

It's got good tokenomics and is an interesting idea.  But it doesn't fit the "AI" narrative and I don't know how much interest will really be there for it.

I think it's a "safe" option, but there's probably way better options out there.  And since it's reaching its all-time-high, it's about to encounter resistance & profit takers...

12 minutes ago, Bart1044 said:

Pundix

Oof, I hadn't heard about that one in a long time.  Sounds familiar, but it didn't catch my eye.  It's tokenomics are decent, but it seems very basic.  Not too many big partnerships.  Nothing super special about it.

Reminds me of Verge or Neo.  While they are legit and nothing "wrong" with them, they're just not catching big interest.  They don't fit the "narrative" of what everyone cares about.

And for 2024, it's basically 3 things: AI, Metaverse, and regulatory compliance.  The best coins of 2024 are going to fit in one or more of those 3 things.

11 hours ago, computerwiz said:

Oof, I hadn't heard about that one in a long time.  Sounds familiar, but it didn't catch my eye.  It's tokenomics are decent, but it seems very basic.  Not too many big partnerships.  Nothing super special about it.

Reminds me of Verge or Neo.  While they are legit and nothing "wrong" with them, they're just not catching big interest.  They don't fit the "narrative" of what everyone cares about.

And for 2024, it's basically 3 things: AI, Metaverse, and regulatory compliance.  The best coins of 2024 are going to fit in one or more of those 3 things.

will Ai continue to rise throughout 2024?

I exited out of agi with some profit and now it’s painful to see it keep rising..