JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Chaos in the Anglo half of the KotS

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 553 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Liz Truss has dramatically resigned as prime minister after just 45 days in the job.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-63332037

People look to these governments to sort out the mess that the world is in, yet they can't even keep their own government in order. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Was this expected in the last couple of days?  I’m way behind on any news of what is going on the other side of the pond. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

I like page 5, par. 11. it mentions: One expert in world politics recently observed: “There is no advanced industrial democracy in the world more politically divided, or politically dysfunctional, than the United States today.” And good amount of its people are bunch retards too.

To add on about the Anglo-American Power check this out: https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-politics-63309400

Basically I was referring to January 2023, WT. It seems that Great Britain is dysfunctional too. A world power that is dysfunctional. Oh well.

Boris Johnson is expected to run to be Prime Minister after Liz Truss’s resignation, according to reports.

Numerous media outlets reported that Mr Johnson, who resigned in July, believes it would be in the “national interest” for him to run again.

Boris Johnson ‘expected to run for Prime Minister’ after Liz Truss’s resignation (yahoo.com)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

10 hours ago, BLEmom said:

Was this expected in the last couple of days?  I’m way behind on any news of what is going on the other side of the pond. 

I think it was expected for a while, though no one was saying anything. She really didn't have a choice.

9 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Boris Johnson is expected to run to be Prime Minister after Liz Truss’s resignation, according to reports.

Numerous media outlets reported that Mr Johnson, who resigned in July, believes it would be in the “national interest” for him to run again.

Boris Johnson ‘expected to run for Prime Minister’ after Liz Truss’s resignation (yahoo.com)

I thought it was pretty funny when he was the main suggestion for the next PM. Not just Boris suggesting it. The reporters were saying it as soon as Liz Truss announced her resignation. 

They're talking about a general election, too. 

Australia went through a PM turmoil a few years ago, but this one takes the cake.

On 10/20/2022 at 7:48 AM, Tortuga said:

Boris has backed out of the race. Things must be pretty bad...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Boris has backed out of the race. Things must be pretty bad...

I was saw some of the BBC news on Saturday night and they were talking about Boris and the other bloke who's running (his name eludes me 🤷‍♀️) and apparently the bloke with no name was the one who helped oust  Boris from office. If Boris got back in, they would have to work together and the reporter was saying that would not be a happy situation. I suspect this may have contributed to his standing down because he was very popular and a lot of Tories were backing him. 🙄