JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JwLibrary stuck in full screen

Recently while using the JWLibrary app at the hall the app got stuck on full screen.

We had to share screen and then expand the app for it to show the video in full screen on Zoom.

After the video ended it went back to JWLibrary. But suddenly we couldn't minimize the app, we tried to move it to the second screen, also didn't go. The app just stayed in an expanded mode on the monitor. We tried the ESC button but that didn't do anything. Eventually we managed to take it away, but when you open the app again afterwards, it opens in full screen and gets stuck again. (We can't manage to minimize the app again.)

Anything like that ever happened with any of you? How did you resolve this issue?

It has not happened to me.

However, check out a program called OnlyM by Anthony Corbett. 

https://github.com/AntonyCorbett/OnlyM

He also has a screen handler/Windows Manager app that he designed to manage screen sharing on a windows PC. 

From his website: "Some find the JW Library media window a little difficult to manage when using 3rd-party applications such as VLC and OnlyM to display images or videos that aren't included in JW Library. The media window is sometimes lost during transition between applications and occasionally the year text disappears.

JwlMediaWin changes the behaviour of the JW Library media window so that it is not minimized whenever another application opens a window on the media display. The JW Library application code is not modified, rather UI Automation is used to transform the media window (i.e. it performs functions you could do manually).

Download

If you just want to install the application, please download the JwlMediaWinSetup.exe file."

https://github.com/AntonyCorbett/JwlMediaWin

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem as the OP. During a meeting when trying to share the screen it wouldn't let me share with Zoom. I closed and restarted, and it opened in full screen mode. I can't even find the setting to enable or disable full-screen mode. It also now always opens on my primary monitor rather than the secondary monitor, which is where it used to start up and where I want it to start up.

I would prefer to resolve this without installing additional software. Does anyone have any suggestions?

We use OBS as our video feed into Zoom, as we are using a PTZ camera which we use OBS for capture the image. But for sharing the image or video that is displayed on the stage monitors, we use OBS to switch the feed from the camera to the stage monitors without the need to share screen in Zoom. 

However, I have noticed tonight when you click on the Enjoy Live Forever picture in the relevant chapter, it no longer shows it up on the second display, but you have to go to the Media section for that chapter to show that image now. Another setback for use who control the AV at the KH. Bad enough that you cannot minimise the image on the main display whilst in the Watchtower or CLM workbook whilst showing it on the second display. This is a another step backwards in my opinion.

Edited by Pabo

try some of these combinations (including F11)

Shortcut Action
Win+D Display the desktop.
Win+M Minimize all windows.
Win+Shift+M Restore minimized windows to the desktop.
Win+ Maximize the window.
Win+ Maximize the window to the left side of the screen.
Win+ Maximize the window to the right side of the screen.
Win+ Minimize the window.
Win+Home Minimize all but the active window.
Win+Shift+ Stretch the window to the top and bottom of the screen.

• 8 months later...

Hey Brothers I know it’s been a while since this thread was last replied in, but I had a similar thing happen to me in todays meeting. 
Thankfully I had a more patient partner than myself to help me get out of the full screen.

What worked for us is moving the cursor to the top of the JW library screen, hold it there for a few seconds (~3) and a drop down will show up that give you the option to get out of full screen.

This is what my partner explained to me when I was looking away to help him with sound while he troubleshooted. I hope this helps if it happens to you too!!

After the most recent update my JWL on my home PC has started opening in full screen mode - I do know how to get the control to shrink it but can't find where to reset the default to just be maximized instead of full screen.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 1 month later...

My JWL got stuck in full screen again. Not actually stuck, since moving the cursor to the top-right of the screen gives the option to drop it back to maximized or even closing it - this gives you back your taskbar. However, the next time I launched JWL, it would come up in full screen and I would have to force it back to maximized to get my taskbar back.

We tried several Windows commands and looked for some sort of setting in the app controls to no avail. Then we seemed to have stumbled on it. I launched a video and played it full screen. If you let it run even after the copyright notice, it will end and turn the video off, returning the screen to JWL - I am only using one screen. I discovered that, if you turn off full screen before it ends itself or you hit the "X", the app will launch correctly. Seems the videos, if played in full screen until they end, resets the app to full screen default.

Since dropping the video to maximized, my entire JWL app will now launch in maximized. I tried doing it again and, if I play the video full screen and let the video complete and turn itself off or simply hit the "X" to end the video, it sets the app to full screen mode and the next time it is launched it will start in full screen. If I take the video out of full screen before the video ends itself or before I hit the "X", it leaves the app in whatever mode it was in when I closed the app - maximized or windowed.

Evidently, the video sets the default for the entire app.

• 1 month later...

The same thing can happen even if you don't have a second screen. Then, trying to use the second screen fix will not be available.

I have found that JWL stays in full-screen mode if you exit a video or image that is full screen without it closing first. If a video plays to the end full-screen and closes itself, JWL may be stuck in full-screen. You can launch a video, expand it to full-screen, drop it back down and then close the video. Then close JWL. When you restart it, it should be normal.

Edited by Qapla