JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes In One Place After Another...

49 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Second Major quake to hit this week.  A 7.6 follows yesterday's 7.1 

Screenshot_20210812_145826.thumb.jpg.b75ae2aa42e97578da24297e75397e3f.jpg

A 6.1 also struck the region, just seconds before.

Screenshot_20210812_145849.thumb.jpg.6ee44309e936a4009f56712f95988bfb.jpg

Ok, there is a joke there about an earthquake sandwich but I'm not going there...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

From USGS:

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us6000f4ly/executive?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ENS&utm_campaign=realtime

M 7.5 - South Sandwich Islands region
2021-08-12 18:32:54 (UTC)57.596°S 25.187°W63.3 km depth

Seismic observations suggest this is a complex earthquake. There are indications in the seismograms of a secondary larger event occurring approximately 3 minutes after the initial M7.5. Other observations point to a larger event including a more productive and distributed aftershock sequence than would be expected for a M7.5 earthquake. USGS is investigating the timing, size, and source properties of both events, and will update information once more definitive solutions are identified. This analysis will require detailed modeling, and could take several days to complete.

M 8.1

- South Sandwich Islands region
2021-08-12 18:35:20 (UTC)58.416°S 25.321°W48.3 km depth

Seismic observations suggest this earthquake is part of a complex seismic sequence. Our current interpretation is that this earthquake is the mainshock to a M7.5 that occurred ~170s earlier. The location, depth, mechanism, and magnitude of this earthquake is preliminary and less well constrained than typical events of this size due to interference from the preceding M7.5 foreshock. Research is being conducted on this sequence to better understand the faulting geometry and details of rupture. This analysis will take time and our understanding will likely evolve. This page will be updated as we learn more about these interesting events.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us6000f53e/executive?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=usgs_quakes

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/haiti-earthquake-08-14-21/index.html

7.2 magnitude earthquake hits near Haiti

What you need to know

• A 7.2 magnitude earthquake struck near Haiti on Saturday morning.
  • The US Geological Survey is estimating "high casualties" and widespread disaster.
  • The earthquake was about 12 kilometers (7.5 miles) northeast of Saint-Louis-du-Sud and 10 kilometers deep (about 6 miles), according to the USGS.
  • “We’re concerned that this earthquake is just one more crisis on top of what the country is already facing — including the worsening political stalemate after the president’s assassination, Covid and food insecurity," he said.

https://dailytimes247.com/at-least-29-dead-in-devastating-haiti-earthquake-authorities/

At least 29 people have died following a magnitude 7.2 earthquake in Haiti. The death toll is a provisional figure and will likely rise, as buildings in several towns were leveled.

3 hours ago, Lee49 said:

https://dailytimes247.com/at-least-29-dead-in-devastating-haiti-earthquake-authorities/

At least 29 people have died following a magnitude 7.2 earthquake in Haiti. The death toll is a provisional figure and will likely rise, as buildings in several towns were leveled.

(CNN)At least 227 people have died after a 7.2 magnitude earthquake hit Haiti Saturday morning, according to the country's civil protection service.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

11 minutes ago, Chachanee said:

Yes - and a storm Grace is predicted in the area(s) soon!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/14/weather/fred-grace-storms-saturday/index.html

The track issued on Saturday morning of Tropical Depression Fred and Tropical Storm Grace over the next five days.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Our brothers and sisters need all our prayers now. It will be hard to endure a storm after an earthquake.

Those still missing will have very reduced chances of surviving.

And all this on top of extreme poverty.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

6 minutes ago, Paulo said:

Our brothers and sisters need all our prayers now. It will be hard to endure a storm after an earthquake.

Those still missing will have very reduced chances of surviving.

And all this on top of extreme poverty.

prayers on the way ... for hours

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Looks like the usgs updated the above map with a 4.1 that happened 4 minutes before the 4.4 aftershock. Which would make it 26 in that area.

4.1 18 km SW of Corail, Haiti
2021-08-14 18:10:53 (UTC-04:00) 10.0 km

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/14/world/haiti-earthquake/index.html

More than 300 people dead after 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Haiti

The Haitian government declared a state of emergency after at least 304 people died in a 7.2 magnitude earthquake that hit the country Saturday morning, Prime Minister Ariel Henry announced in a news conference.

More than 1,800 people were injured, the country’s civil protection service said.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/15/world/haiti-earthquake-news-sunday/index.html

The Haitian government declared a state of emergency after a 7.2-magnitude earthquake struck the country Saturday, leaving at least 724 people dead and injuring another 2,800, according to Haiti’s civil protection agency.

The majority of deaths occurred in the south of the country, where 500 people are known to have died. The quake destroyed 2,868 homes and damaged another 5,410, officials from the agency said. The destruction has also pushed hospitals to the brink and blocked roads that would carry vital supplies.

https://news.yahoo.com/haiti-death-toll-rises-724-150844632.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Sad to report that the death toll keeps rising as expected! - 

More than 1,200 people have died after a 7.2 magnitude earthquake hit Haiti, according to the head of the country’s civil protection agency.

42 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

It's up to almost1,300 and they have a storm on the way. I feel so bad for their impossible situation. Definitely a sign of our times.

If it hurts us to see their suffering, just think how hurt Jehovah must feel--the God of Love and undeserved kindness. :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif