JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library acting up

Hi brothers

We’re having issues with our JW Library at our Kingdom Hall. Sometimes when playing a pre downloaded video, the sounds often has an echo or like there’s two audio tracks playing at the same time with a slight delay.

It happened twice at the midweek meeting this evening. Stopping the video and restarting usually helps but sometimes it takes 2-3 restarts.

Anyone experiencing the same?

30 minutes ago, carlroger said:

Hi brothers

We’re having issues with our JW Library at our Kingdom Hall. Sometimes when playing a pre downloaded video, the sounds often has an echo or like there’s two audio tracks playing at the same time with a slight delay.

It happened twice at the midweek meeting this evening. Stopping the video and restarting usually helps but sometimes it takes 2-3 restarts.

My stomach is acting up too.

1 hour ago, carlroger said:

the sounds often has an echo or like there’s two audio tracks playing at the same time with a slight delay.

Only suggestion I have is if you're hearing the slight delay because you're also hearing the sound come from your zoom setup, which is fractionally delayed due to internet?

Not the same as you, but at my KH we have to turn off the KH microphones when playing the videos (both song and other videos), otherwise ther can be an issue for the zoom participants.

Dustys stomach always acts up if there's a threat of a chocolate shortage.

I'm getting lip/sound not in sync and sometimes it seems low speed. Maybe internet for me, but only on jwlibrary. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

We have a couple of publishers  press <Play> on the videos in the lesson.  Their tablets start playing the same video (slightly out of sync).

We also have our Zoom attendants in another room with the door closed.  Every time the door opens we get the echo of the Zoom being replayed over the regular microphones in the hall.

Edited by jwhess

8 hours ago, jwhess said:

We have a couple of publishers  press <Play> on the videos in the lesson.  Their tablets start playing the same video (slightly out of sync).

We also have our Zoom attendants in another room with the door closed.  Every time the door opens we get the echo of the Zoom being replayed over the regular microphones in the hall.

Perhaps you could buy headphones for the zoom attendants. We use them and it gives the exact sound of what zoom attendees hear with no echo or feedback.

Thanks for your input brothers. 

The computer is configured correctly and hooked up to the audiomixer as stated in the manual. It is the sound from the PC to the mixer that sometimes gets scrambled up. Like there’s two computers on the same line with a few ms in delay, giving an echo like sound. 

• 1 year later...
On 2/17/2023 at 6:09 AM, carlroger said:

Thanks for your input brothers. 

The computer is configured correctly and hooked up to the audiomixer as stated in the manual. It is the sound from the PC to the mixer that sometimes gets scrambled up. Like there’s two computers on the same line with a few ms in delay, giving an echo like sound. 

Did you find a solution? We have this same problem, it happens very randomly.

Are you sure everyone is muted when this occurs. It almost sounds like someone has two devises on at the same location and that will cause a time-delayed echo.

This can even happen if a Zoom connection is unmuted, and the other device at that location is a Roku with KHConf playing the program. Some people don't think of their TV as a device.

Even a second device at the KH, like a PC in the library can cause this to happen if the sound system from the KH can be picked up on that device.

When we have had something similar happen, we have found it to be from multiple devices on at the same location.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

Are you sure everyone is muted when this occurs. It almost sounds like someone has two devises on at the same location and that will cause a time-delayed echo.

This can even happen if a Zoom connection is unmuted, and the other device at that location is a Roku with KHConf playing the program. Some people don't think of their TV as a device.

Even a second device at the KH, like a PC in the library can cause this to happen if the sound system from the KH can be picked up on that device.

When we have had something similar happen, we have found it to be from multiple devices on at the same location.

It has nothing to do with Zoom. It’s a JW Library issue 😉🤓

1 hour ago, carlroger said:

It has nothing to do with Zoom. It’s a JW Library issue 😉🤓

Try to find out what is different in your set up of the equipment (or operation of said equipment) at your hall compared to the neighboring halls without the problem.  Most of us do not have the echo.

On 2/16/2023 at 4:04 PM, carlroger said:

Hi brothers

We experienced the same thing in my hall. I reset my audio drivers and that worked for us. 

Now in jwlibrary the music doesn't shuffle after the second song in the Playlist is played. This issue happens on each windows computer I have jw library installed on (Home/KH). 

We experienced the same thing in my hall. I reset my audio drivers and that worked for us. 

Now in jwlibrary the music doesn't shuffle after the second song in the Playlist is played. This issue happens on each windows computer I have jw library installed on (Home/KH). 

I’ve had that problem too. Restarting JWL usually fixes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I'm troubleshooting issues like this, I usually start at the question:  Is it hardware or software?  If you have another laptop, temporarily hook it up to the sound system, verify it has the same version of JWLibrary as the original laptop, and see if you can reproduce the echo.  If you can't, then it's possibly the computer.  If you can, it's that version of JWLibray.  If it's only on that computer, try uninstalling and reinstalling JWLibrary.  It sucks that you'll probably have to download all of the songs again, but I have had success doing that at our hall when weird issues came up.

On 2/16/2023 at 6:04 PM, carlroger said:

Oi irmãos

Estamos tendo problemas com nossa Biblioteca JW em nosso Salão do Reino. Às vezes, ao reproduzir um vídeo pré-baixado, os sons geralmente têm um eco ou como se houvesse duas faixas de áudio tocando ao mesmo tempo com um pequeno atraso.

Aconteceu duas vezes na reunião do meio da semana desta noite. Parar o vídeo e reiniciar geralmente ajuda, mas às vezes leva 2-3 reinicializações.

Alguém experimentando o mesmo?

Make sure it doesn't have two audio outputs. It may be duplicated.

I have a lot😅

image.png.49b248a99200a134315da76024916d23.png

We had two problems in our KH. Every now and then an echo would appear, as if two audio tracks were playing at the same time. The other problem was that some videos didn't play audio, even though Windows showed that the sound output was ok.

A palliative was to choose another audio output, such as the TV's HDMI, and then return to the soundboard output. But it hasn't completely resolved it yet.

After many attempts, a brother clicked "enable mono audio" in the Windows audio settings and simply solved both problems. We don't know what this has to do with it, but it helped.