JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting — May 2023

So, as usual, there is the original song in the Monthly Broadcast. (This is not the convention song, but a new original song.) I have isolated the audio and made an mp3 file out of it for you. I also have the lyrics (secured for me by Brother @Luigi62), and the official album art image. All of them are zipped up in an archive and posted in my song collection.

If you do not have the link to my song collection, please send me a PM.

We will be able to start singing the new song later on today

how exciting !

i just loved Malta s post card

So beautiful!

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

4 hours ago, Sheep said:

And... he announces that the convention song is posted on jw.org. Oh well, even though it's not there yet, it will be.

Hide contents

Meanwhile, it's already on the servers, with the lyrics! (But please don't ask me where it is.)

its already visible on the website yes. Only not on the news page yet 😉 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

18 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

Its odd who the title of the New Song to conclude the 2023 Convention was not Annouced.

Not really, I don't believe it was last year either....

JW Broadcasting, May 2022
Mark Sanderson: "I’d like to share one more reason to be excited about the convention. It’s my pleasure to announce that we’ll conclude the convention with a new original song. The song and lyrics are now available on jw.org. The Governing Body requests that all of us practice the new song. And if someone needs help to download the song, please give them a hand and practice with them. Then together we’ll sing out with all of our hearts to Jehovah’s praise.
https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioMonthlyPrograms/pub-jwb-089_1_VIDEO

The May 2023 JW Broadcasting Program is now on the website

The 2023 Convention Song Video (with on screen lyrics) is also on the website

:)

Edited by Parale

14 hours ago, Sheep said:

So, as usual, there is the original song in the Monthly Broadcast. (This is not the convention song, but a new original song.) I have isolated the audio and made an mp3 file out of it for you. I also have the lyrics (secured for me by Brother @Luigi62), and the official album art image. All of them are zipped up in an archive and posted in my song collection.

Thank you, I just downloaded it.

I finally see it on jw broadcasting on roku. YAY 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, Parale said:

The 2023 Convention Song Video (with on screen lyrics) is also on the website

The Song with downloadable lyric/music lead sheet has now been released:

The Zambia/albinism video insert was very nice... and the classroom set concept was cool too including with the chalkboard, but why did Mark Noumair have to do the following link immediately afterwards?

"“Mere man sees what appears to the eyes, but Jehovah sees into the heart.” Those are the words found at 1 Samuel 16:7, and it was one of the verses we saw on the chalkboard in the video."

I mean, if you're going to point it out like that.... 🤷‍♂️

image.thumb.png.a3912363c4d773440a25a81793da25bb.png

29:57 - the brother has evidently written the full scripture out on the chalkboard, nice: “For the way man sees is not the way God sees, because mere man sees what appears to the eyes, but Jehovah sees into the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7 - except we don't actually get to see the first part, then 2 seconds later...

29:59 - the brother turns around to face the camera, and oh, the second part of the scripture has been scrubbed out so now only the first part is on the chalkboard: “For the way man sees is not the way God sees" - 1 Samuel 16:7

33:32 - later the same first part of 1 Samual 16:7 remains on the chalkboard as the brother talks to the camera.... then following a cutaway we return....

34:21 - oh, and the 'full' scripture has now returned to the chalkboard 😮

Edited by Parale

2 hours ago, Parale said:

The Zambia/albinism video insert was very nice... and the classroom set concept was cool too including with the chalkboard, but why did Mark Noumair have to do the following link immediately afterwards?

. . .

:o OOoohh. Interesting catch.

That's what they call a "continuity error" in the motion picture business. When they're filming a scene, but not necessarily all at once, or not in sequential order, sometimes these errors come up. But there's supposed to be a Script Supervisor on set who is responsible for checking for possible errors in continuity, such as those. Umm... say, Paul (@Parale), would you like to offer your services to Bethel?

The young Mother who lived in the slums and received a handwritten letter was so powerful!  ❤️  The way she looked at it  (not a bill).  It seemed as if her hand trembled as she opened it.  And she immediately went to the website.  And how her life changed!!!

On 5/1/2023 at 6:33 AM, Sheep said:

Amazing story

is been filmed in São Paulo Brazil

it shows how a sister who seems to do less for Jehovah really does A LOT and even conduct a Bible Study by video call

very emotional

i can read the letter. It’s written in Portuguese. The magazine link was for watchtower public #3 /18 

“does God care about you?”

thank you Jehovah for this 💖💖💖

15 hours ago, Doug said:

The young Mother who lived in the slums and received a handwritten letter was so powerful!  ❤️  The way she looked at it  (not a bill).  It seemed as if her hand trembled as she opened it.  And she immediately went to the website.  And how her life changed!!!

Yeah!

17 hours ago, Jwanon said:

The storekeeper whom mother in the fruitage of the spirit video witnessed to also attended the convention. 

Also the elderly sister who was previously in the hospital also attended! (You can see her seated at top right with another elderly sister) Isn't that encouraging?

Screenshot_20230503-060721_JW Library.jpg

Screenshot_20230503-060633_JW Library.jpg

Screenshot_20230503-061017_JW Library.jpg

Screenshot_20230503-060951_JW Library.jpg

On 5/2/2023 at 3:46 AM, Jwanon said:

Good to see the classmate from the previous music video has been invited to the convention

IMG_20230502_044455.jpg

6 hours ago, Terk said:

The storekeeper whom mother in the fruitage of the spirit video witnessed to also attended the convention. 

Also the elderly sister who was previously in the hospital also attended! (You can see her seated at top right with another elderly sister) Isn't that encouraging?

Screenshot_20230503-060721_JW Library.jpg

Screenshot_20230503-060633_JW Library.jpg

Screenshot_20230503-061017_JW Library.jpg

Screenshot_20230503-060951_JW Library.jpg

I love how they put so much detail into these things