JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

I understand there are a number of brothers and sisters using this site who are proficient at using NW Publisher, so I wonder if anyone has an answer to this problem.

A brother has only one device for himself, his wife and 4 children. He asked whether there is any way to keep ministry details (even in the new abbreviated version), on his one tablet. Does the NWS/NWP software allow for this?

1 hour ago, Mike047 said:

I understand there are a number of brothers and sisters using this site who are proficient at using NW Publisher, so I wonder if anyone has an answer to this problem.

A brother has only one device for himself, his wife and 4 children. He asked whether there is any way to keep ministry details (even in the new abbreviated version), on his one tablet. Does the NWS/NWP software allow for this?

As long as he uses the same login for the NWP app on his laptop and other devices, he can see his activity.  It's stored on the New World Scheduler program that the elders use.  If the Field Service Activity isn't removed, then he can continue to track his service stats, and he can see what he's done in Field Service History.  Provided that's not removed with the next update.

4 hours ago, Mike047 said:

It can only track 1 person per device as far as I know.

5 hours ago, Mike047 said:

I think he could do that with the Delegate feature:

https://nwscheduler.com/how-to/nw-publisher-app/app-members/#Delegates

In fact, this example they give describes almost exactly that brother's situation:

Example 1: Brother James is a family head. His younger children are CLM students, but do not have mobile phones. Brother James can be assigned as the delegate for his children, and will see any upcoming CLM assignments.

15 hours ago, carlos said:

I think he could do that with the Delegate feature:

https://nwscheduler.com/how-to/nw-publisher-app/app-members/#Delegates

In fact, this example they give describes almost exactly that brother's situation:

Example 1: Brother James is a family head. His younger children are CLM students, but do not have mobile phones. Brother James can be assigned as the delegate for his children, and will see any upcoming CLM assignments.

The delegate feature only allows you to submit but it doesn't allow you to see previous history.

I thought he was talking about this screen

image.thumb.png.498cedf68bd20123bbd52887584dc54c.png

We are having a sync problem with the field service reports between NW Scheduler and Publisher. On NW Scheduler all appointed brothers can see correctly the reports publishers have sent. But on NW Publisher only a few of them appear, most don't. The secretary just told me it was the same last month. As for other data such as meeting parts or responsibilities, they appear correctly on both apps.

I have been reading the Support section about general syncing problems but was unable to fix the issue. Can you please give some suggestion or point me to the section dealing with this specific issue? Thanks!

We also ran into a syncing issue last month between NW Scheduler and Publisher. We found that if we had the friends whose reports were missing resubmit their reports in the app and imported them again that it solved most issues.

This month we didn't have the issue. However, we did make sure to update to the very latest version. Not sure if that resolved it or not.

I’ve come from the meeting and noticed that all the schedules have disappeared… Seems to only be a problem for Apple at the moment though. 

I’ve done all the normal things: disconnecting & reconnecting, Closing down & opening the app, checked for updates. 

Others in the Cong have just noticed the same, anyone know what’s happening? 
is it to do with the upcoming update? 

IMG_7147.png

IMG_7148.png

The one thing we always have the friends check is if your NW App is up to date? If there is a newer version and you don't have it this can create issues.

Last major software update in April or May did cause some issues for us, but I don't think the update (desktop software) is out yet, at least not here in the Western US.

It happened to me too. I lost it on my android phone and tablet. Managed to delete the app and reload it on the android phone and some of the data has come back but not all. Still missing my groups information and contact details. Still nothing on the iPad like yours is showing. There is an error on the pc scheduler part as well in the app section. Hopefully it is just them fiddling with it for the update. 🙏🏼

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

On 11/15/2023 at 5:06 PM, TheKid23 said:

I’ve come from the meeting and noticed that all the schedules have disappeared… Seems to only be a problem for Apple at the moment though. 

I’ve done all the normal things: disconnecting & reconnecting, Closing down & opening the app, checked for updates. 

Others in the Cong have just noticed the same, anyone know what’s happening? 
is it to do with the upcoming update? 

IMG_7147.png

IMG_7148.png

We had the same issue. The fix was to have an administrator refresh all persons on the app. Then users must clear out it running in the background, then reopen app. So far has fixed the issue for everyone. 

11 hours ago, Gruder said:

We had the same issue. The fix was to have an administrator refresh all persons on the app. Then users must clear out it running in the background, then reopen app. So far has fixed the issue for everyone. 

I just waited for the developers to fix the issue.