JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

On 5/27/2023 at 7:32 AM, molnarj said:

The app data needs to be send to update the info in the app. But you can avoid notifications.

Go to Send App Data. Then click Prepare. A list of notifications appears with names. Click on Remove All. (Right side below) Then click Send. This way the info is updated but without notifications. 

I do I re-add the names?

6 hours ago, molnarj said:

Press Prepare once again and the names re-appear. You can also remove individual persons by chosing Remove instead of Remove all. 

What I have discovered now is that only the app users that are affected by any changes will be notified. Not every one is notified about every update. That is what was confusing me.

14 hours ago, Floyd said:

What I have discovered now is that only the app users that are affected by any changes will be notified. Not every one is notified about every update. That is what was confusing me.

Correct.  Everyone is encouraged to get the app.

However, I've made it a weekly habit to send out "Any Assignments & Duties Reminder" emails on Monday.  That way between the app & the emails, everyone gets reminded of what they need to do for the week.  You can take it further and send an email with all assignments for the next 2 months to each person if you want.  But in our congregation, we're trying to make sure all use the app properly.

Would anyone know how to remove the star (new/updated symbol) to a document in the info board? When I select "New", the document creates itself anywhere on our list of our already present documents. In the example below, it placed itself in the third spot (red arrow). I've tried not clicking on anything before creating the new document, have also tried highlighting a document first where I would like the new document to initially go, but the new document still gets created in random spots. This would be fine if the up/down arrows wouldn't mark older documents as new/updated when a document is moved past it. In the example below, I moved "<Document>" under "Public Talk Schedule". A star appeared next to every document on the way there (highlighted red box in NWP).

1865896318_NWSDocuments.thumb.png.6a0eb054843d282bd85be4c854ade81e.png

Edited by JoshD

• 2 weeks later...

We found out that even though publishers have the app they don't consult it for their duties like cleaning and some even for their assignments. There is a reminder popping up to submit your report but probably some ignore it. It is usually the same usual suspects being late with their reports. Consider holding a local needs on how to get the max benefit from the NWP app.

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas

3 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

I have a failure when running the update file...

image.png.30b3c008a4539cf4f2658df5c184280d.png

Not running into any issues on my end updating NWS or NWP. Working through the new interface on both at the moment. So far only seeing all of our "Documents" missing in NWP. They appear to be setup correctly on NWS, even deleted & recreated, but they still do not show up on NWP.

Just now, JoshD said:

Not running into any issues on my end updating NWS or NWP. Working through the new interface on both at the moment. So far only seeing all of our "Documents" missing in NWP. They appear to be setup correctly on NWS, even deleted & recreated, but they still do not show up on NWP.

Just figured out my problem....my anti-virus was blocking it.  🤦‍♂️

I have the same problem. Updated well but documents are missing.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9S mediante Tapatalk

If you don't want all publishers in the congregation to see who has what territories checked out, update each assigned territory to "personal". To do this (if you have access on NWS), select the "Territories" tab on the left in NWS. Select a territory that is currently assigned to a publisher. Select the "Territory Assignments" tab on the right. Click on the the lock to unlock editing the assignment. Place a check in the box next to "Personal Territory". Click on the lock once again to lock editing the assignment. Since this is a new feature, by default all territories currently assigned will be display under the congregation category. Hoping territory servants in the future will be able to assign territories via NWP. I'm not always at my computer to assign territories out when one is requested.

1564532598_NWP7.0Territories.thumb.png.0cd283e3582700f11670c7800f5596dc.png