JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

41 minutes ago, rockieboi said:

NWPublisher still reminds publishers to submit their reports even if they already submitted them. Does this happen to anyone else? Is it a bug?

It's a bug.  My wife had the same problem. I've not noticed on my phone however, so it might not affect every user 

I realized that it reminds to submit reports for the current month, like it reminds us now to submit our March reports and we're still in the middle of March.

Injustice is when a little girl in China is deprived of her childhood because she needs to glue the soles of your son’s latest Nike.

On 3/15/2023 at 7:14 AM, rockieboi said:

NWPublisher still reminds publishers to submit their reports even if they already submitted them. Does this happen to anyone else? Is it a bug?

Yes it happens to us also.  Sometimes the app will notify me like 10 times for upcoming assignment but lately it has not done so.

19 hours ago, Gruder said:

For all those who are using the territory portion of the program, how does it compare to some the other programs? (Territory Helper, Territory Assistant, etc?) The good the bad and the ugly? 

Thanks 

I keep meaning to get the time up to mess with it. We currently use Territory Helper which is great, but in reality, seems to be just another service we are using funds on that could be used elsewhere if we used the functionality inside NWS that we are already paying for. I feel like my biggest barrier to entry is finding high enough quality map images to upload that would be usable. 

9 hours ago, Aja said:

I keep meaning to get the time up to mess with it. We currently use Territory Helper which is great, but in reality, seems to be just another service we are using funds on that could be used elsewhere if we used the functionality inside NWS that we are already paying for. I feel like my biggest barrier to entry is finding high enough quality map images to upload that would be usable. 

I was able to contact a city official that directed me to a city web link that goes to a fully interactive city map where I can zoom into certain sections, then download it. It's a bit of a task considering we have 126 territories but once you get a process down, it starts to go by quickly. I imagine using Google Maps may work as well. These same maps I've created for NWS territories using Photoshop, will eventually be the same ones our congregation will use on our new "territory cards" (S-12).

PL-03.png

NWS Territory.png

We have been using Territory Assistant for some time but ever since their data breach they are swamped with work and a shortage of staff and are trying hard to get back to the features that were working at some time and I appreciate their efforts. What I am missing most is the use of the QR Codes and the importing of the territory into the Ministry Assistant app. That according to support is a Priority but months away.

My question is has anyone dabbled into NWS and if it does something similar in their organization of territories beyond just checking it in and out and analyzing them? The creation of images or PDF representations of territories still requires after that hand entry into service apps. I am looking for importing of territories into service apps in whatever format is required. I presume Territory Helper does something like that but as already mentioned I am also not a friend of subscriptions don't mind donations though.

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas

On 3/22/2023 at 7:59 AM, More4me2do said:

We have been using Territory Assistant for some time but ever since their data breach they are swamped with work and a shortage of staff and are trying hard to get back to the features that were working at some time and I appreciate their efforts. What I am missing most is the use of the QR Codes and the importing of the territory into the Ministry Assistant app. That according to support is a Priority but months away.

My question is has anyone dabbled into NWS and if it does something similar in their organization of territories beyond just checking it in and out and analyzing them? The creation of images or PDF representations of territories still requires after that hand entry into service apps. I am looking for importing of territories into service apps in whatever format is required. I presume Territory Helper does something like that but as already mentioned I am also not a friend of subscriptions don't mind donations though.

Importing territories into NWS from TH (Territory Helper) didn't really import much for us. We followed the instructions but not much info came across, basically only the territory number (name) came through. I ended up having to fill in the missing territory information. I assigned each territory on NWS a "Territory Type", added a DNC list, a Note section, a territory map & links to a spreadsheet.

Our C.O. on his last visit encouraged us to go back to the way we handled our territories before the pandemic. We may end up only using NWS for quick territory access via a smart device, a stripped down version with only the map, DNC list and notes made available. We have spreadsheets available for each of our territories, but will not need them at this time, so we removed the links from the territories on NWS as well. We're now in the process of re-doing all "territory cards" (S-12) as this will be our primary way of checking in & out territories.

Edited by JoshD

1 hour ago, JoshD said:

Importing territories into NWS from TH (Territory Helper) didn't really import much for us. We followed the instructions but not much info came across, basically only the territory number (name) came through. I ended up having to fill in the missing territory information. I assigned each territory on NWS a "Territory Type", added a DNC list, a Note section, a territory map & links to a spreadsheet.

Our C.O. on his last visit encouraged us to go back to the way we handled our territories before the pandemic. We may end up only using NWS for quick territory access via a smart device, a stripped down version with only the map, DNC list and notes made available. We have spreadsheets available for each of our territories, but will not need them at this time, so we removed the links from the territories on NWS as well. We're now in the process of re-doing all "territory cards" (S-12) as this will be our primary way of checking in & out territories.

From NWScheduler.com (https://nwscheduler.com/how-to/import-export/import-territories-from-territory-helper/)

What data can be imported from Territory Helper?

At this time, New World Scheduler is able to import the following information from Territory Helper:

• Territory Number
  • Territory Code
  • Territory Description
  • Territory Notes

Territory coordinates or map data are unable to be imported at this time.

Territory Helper also allows brothers to list each house or unit separately. NW Scheduler does not support this. You can only import actual Territories, not individual houses or units.

5 hours ago, JoshD said:

Territory Helper also allows brothers to list each house or unit separately. NW Scheduler does not support this. You can only import actual Territories, not individual houses or units.

Thank you very much that answers my question, in other words NWS is not very useful especially when one uses an app like Ministry Assistant. Checking in and out is easy to implement, presenting the publishers with DNCs and streets and house numbers in an electronic format is what is needed today.

Just to give anyone an idea of how easy the working of a territory is using the ministry assistant. When I want to assign streets from my territory to others in the group I select the streets/houses and export it as importable data. Then send the file using WhatsApp to a person in the group that also has the Ministry Assistant and they import it now. As they work it they can mark the houses according to the results encountered and there are many to choose from. When finished they export the assigned streets as importable data and send it back to the territory holder, who then imports it and it syncs and updates his territory to reflect the latest status of what has been worked and what the results were. Every NH will be updated by a number if it is a 2nd time the NH that was worked than a little 2 will appear next to it if it is the first time a little 1 appears.

The person that received the territory portion will than delete it with the check box ticked "Keep Interested Persons". Once completed before the territory holder checks the territory back in, he now takes all the NHs and uses them for Telephone witnessing. The coverage of territories in this way is much more thorough and enhanced now then the way we did it before the pandemic and since we live in the paperless office age lets use that also for the ministry.

So for me the options are either wait for Territory Assistant to fix their QR codes and the importing of Streets with house numbers into Ministry Assistant or switch to Territory Helper and shell out funds to cover the subscription fee.

No effort = No bananas

Does the NW Scheduler have any feature for scheduling the Memorial? So far I have only found the option to create an event. But it would be really nice if the publishers would receive the assignments for the Celebration through the app.

3 minutes ago, DarinS said:

Just circling back to the request if anyone is using MW Publisher for territories and your thoughts good or bad

We don't use it for territories, unfortunately.  Me and the former territory servant spent time setting it all up, and the new one doesn't use it at all.

From what I can tell, it doesn't have as much features as other territory systems, however, I think it is superior.  Sometimes less is more....makes it easier to learn/train others.  What I do know is this:

• I like the fact that all territory info is sync'd to all NWS users, and if something were to happen to the territory servant, it is super easy to assign a new one and pick up right where he left off.
  • Territory info is downloaded to the friends' phones when you assign it to them.  So if they lose internet connection in the territory, as long as they opened the territory before they went, it will still be available to them, even without internet.
  • Your data resides on your devices.  Less chance of something happening (like it did for one of the other territory systems....I forget which one) where you cannot get to your territories and assign new ones.

We are talking about a new territory servant soon, so hopefully we can start utilizing it more then...

Appreciate all the input and I agree that it is easy in NWS, to analyze them, to keep track of the territories and the signing in and out of them. However it still basically an image or a PDF document, we have to migrate to a format that allows to interact with what is on the territory rather then shuffling cards and that at the moment only Territory Helper does and in a few months hopefully Territory Assistant. 

Really not willing to spend time and effort on a solution that just moves images and documents as that is build into NWS / NWP. 

No effort = No bananas

1 hour ago, DarinS said:

Just circling back to the request if anyone is using MW Publisher for territories and your thoughts good or bad

At the moment we are using an app (Android only), "Toolmaps". It has good tools for maps, but it takes too long to make a territory on a cell phone. So we save the territory and import it as an image into the NW.

I just received an invitation to evaluate Deckhand Lightbox.  I started browsing their support page.  Could it be a better tool compared to NW Scheduler? 🤔 Time will tell.

Here is their support page with a video about Lightbox:

https://deckhand.org.au/Help/Lightbox

Anyone want to also evaluate Deckhand please contact their team on this page:   https://id.regionbuild.org.au/About

On 3/24/2023 at 3:10 PM, DarinS said:

We use the territory in NW Scheduler/Publisher.  However I had already put the maps together using Multimap, which is useful software, it means the pics I have can also be linked to google maps, with the map outline, for any in the Cong to use.

Edited by Paul T

Anyone raised an issue of having the Memorial in a similar way that we see the CO visit, so that it can appear maybe linked to Cong events, or in the week, and can use it to add servers etc..?   At the moment the app just shows the main weekly structure but on scheduler it allows nothing except duties..  maybe that’s the answer, just focus on the duties and use the headings available there that are not used..  just would be nice to have times and some more details on the app…

6 minutes ago, Paul T said:

Anyone raised an issue of having the Memorial in a similar way that we see the CO visit, so that it can appear maybe linked to Cong events, or in the week, and can use it to add servers etc..?   At the moment the app just shows the main weekly structure but on scheduler it allows nothing except duties..  maybe that’s the answer, just focus on the duties and use the headings available there that are not used..  just would be nice to have times and some more details on the app…

I wouldn't necessarily consider this an issue but it is a nice suggestion. Visit their website at nwscheduler.com to submit this as a suggestion to be possibly added to a future release 👍🏽

On 3/25/2023 at 12:08 PM, luisenriquereyes said:

I just received an invitation to evaluate Deckhand Lightbox.  I started browsing their support page.  Could it be a better tool compared to NW Scheduler? 🤔 Time will tell.

Here is their support page with a video about Lightbox:

https://deckhand.org.au/Help/Lightbox

Anyone want to also evaluate Deckhand please contact their team on this page:   https://id.regionbuild.org.au/About

You may need to check the digital data protection laws first, as each country may or may not have laws regarding the retention of data.

Lightbox (or Deckhand) is designed within Australian, so you may need to check what standards it is using to the requirements for the country that you are residng in. It may be fully compliant using higher standards than what is the minimum requirement for your country.

NW Scheduler 6.8 Overview

Welcome to NW Scheduler 6.8!

This release contains many updates, improvements and fixes to make your life easier. For example, Field Service Scheduling is now much faster.

Future: We have been very busy over the last few months building new advanced Territory features, which will allow you to draw your own maps, set territory boundaries, geolocate and add addresses, record Not At Homes and more. These new features will fully integrate with NW Publisher app, allowing publishers to mark off homes in real-time. This is a huge amount of work and hopefully will be ready within the next 1-2 months.

Warm Christian Love, New World Scheduler Team

NW Scheduler 6.8 Release Notes

UPDATES

IMPORTING

• Majestic KHS has finally decided to allow some meaningful data to be exported from their software. Therefore we have added a new option for importing Majestic KHS data, which is simpler and quicker. The data is unfortunately still limited, but better than before.

CONGREGATION

• Congregation Responsibilities can now select sisters.

CIRCUITS, CONGREGATIONS and SPEAKERS

• Added Search field to quickly find Public Speakers in any congregation.

PUBLIC SPEAKER SHARING

• Now correctly sorts Circuits.

TERRITORIES

• Can now sort territories by Group.
  • Added new "Campaign" filter.

PERSONS

• Added checkbox for Infirm Regular Pioneers (see sfl 9.19). This will display on their S-21 Publisher Record.
  • Added checkbox for Emergency Contacts regarding consent (see sfl 26.2).

SCHEDULE - LIFE AND MINISTRY MEETING

• When warning if a person already has a part this meeting, recent part, future part or duty, icons are now distinct and clearer.
  • Added Chairman Notes field, which will display on the Chairman Outline.

SCHEDULE - PUBLIC TALKS LOCAL

• When warning if a person already has a part this meeting or duty, icons are now distinct and clearer.

SCHEDULE - PUBLIC TALKS AWAY

• Added button to swap Away Public Talks.
  • Added a Quick Step to send reminders to your outgoing Public Speakers.

SCHEDULE - FIELD SERVICE

• Added a Month View toggle, so you can now swap between Month view and Week view.
  • Added Duplicate Field Service Meeting to help you quickly create similar Field Service Meetings, e.g. morning, afternoon and evening Field Service Meetings on the same day.
  • Added Copy Field Service Meetings and Paste Field Service Meetings to quickly copy and paste all Field Service Meetings to another day, for example the same day next week.

SCHEDULE - DUTIES

• Added checkbox to Duties Auto-assign to check for any existing Assignments on that day/meeting.

NW PUBLISHER APP

• NW Publisher app is now available on Windows 11! Instructions have been added to our NWPublisher.com website.
  • Receive App Data view now shows which data you have access to receive.
  • Removing an App User also removes their App Authentication Token.

PRINTING

• All reports with person names can now choose Name Format.

EMAIL

• Weekend Assignment Reminder emails for Hospitality will now also send to the Group Overseer.

NEW REPORTS & TEMPLATES

• Congregation: All Assignments and Duties by Person. 
  • Persons: Persons with Printed Publications
  • Persons: Persons Missing Information

UPDATED REPORTS & TEMPLATES

• Pioneer Hours updated to reflect the new hour requirement.
  • Field Service Schedule now has 2 options: Simplify Group Arrangements and Hide Group Arrangements.
  • Person Detailed Information and Emergency Contact List reports will show an asterisk * if consent not yet received.

NEW LANGUAGES

• NW Scheduler: Bicol, Bulgarian, Chinese Cantonese (Traditional), Guarani, Kazakh, Malay Melayu, Setswana, Sinhala, Swahili (Congo) Kiswahili (Congo)
  • NW Publisher appVietnamese 

BUG FIXES

• Bug fixes are usually released in Build Updates. If you have a problem or bug, please click Me > Updates > Check for Updates

Edited by molnarj

26 minutes ago, molnarj said:

NW Scheduler 6.8 Overview

Welcome to NW Scheduler 6.8!

This release contains many updates, improvements and fixes to make your life easier. For example, Field Service Scheduling is now much faster.

Future: We have been very busy over the last few months building new advanced Territory features, which will allow you to draw your own maps, set territory boundaries, geolocate and add addresses, record Not At Homes and more. These new features will fully integrate with NW Publisher app, allowing publishers to mark off homes in real-time. This is a huge amount of work and hopefully will be ready within the next 1-2 months.

Warm Christian Love, New World Scheduler Team

NW Scheduler 6.8 Release Notes

UPDATES

IMPORTING

• Majestic KHS has finally decided to allow some meaningful data to be exported from their software. Therefore we have added a new option for importing Majestic KHS data, which is simpler and quicker. The data is unfortunately still limited, but better than before.

CONGREGATION

• Congregation Responsibilities can now select sisters.

CIRCUITS, CONGREGATIONS and SPEAKERS

• Added Search field to quickly find Public Speakers in any congregation.

PUBLIC SPEAKER SHARING

• Now correctly sorts Circuits.

TERRITORIES

• Can now sort territories by Group.
  • Added new "Campaign" filter.

PERSONS

• Added checkbox for Infirm Regular Pioneers (see sfl 9.19). This will display on their S-21 Publisher Record.
  • Added checkbox for Emergency Contacts regarding consent (see sfl 26.2).

SCHEDULE - LIFE AND MINISTRY MEETING

• When warning if a person already has a part this meeting, recent part, future part or duty, icons are now distinct and clearer.
  • Added Chairman Notes field, which will display on the Chairman Outline.

SCHEDULE - PUBLIC TALKS LOCAL

• When warning if a person already has a part this meeting or duty, icons are now distinct and clearer.

SCHEDULE - PUBLIC TALKS AWAY

• Added button to swap Away Public Talks.
  • Added a Quick Step to send reminders to your outgoing Public Speakers.

SCHEDULE - FIELD SERVICE

• Added a Month View toggle, so you can now swap between Month view and Week view.
  • Added Duplicate Field Service Meeting to help you quickly create similar Field Service Meetings, e.g. morning, afternoon and evening Field Service Meetings on the same day.
  • Added Copy Field Service Meetings and Paste Field Service Meetings to quickly copy and paste all Field Service Meetings to another day, for example the same day next week.

SCHEDULE - DUTIES

• Added checkbox to Duties Auto-assign to check for any existing Assignments on that day/meeting.

NW PUBLISHER APP

• NW Publisher app is now available on Windows 11! Instructions have been added to our NWPublisher.com website.
  • Receive App Data view now shows which data you have access to receive.
  • Removing an App User also removes their App Authentication Token.

PRINTING

• All reports with person names can now choose Name Format.

EMAIL

• Weekend Assignment Reminder emails for Hospitality will now also send to the Group Overseer.

NEW REPORTS & TEMPLATES

• Congregation: All Assignments and Duties by Person. 
  • Persons: Persons with Printed Publications
  • Persons: Persons Missing Information

UPDATED REPORTS & TEMPLATES

• Pioneer Hours updated to reflect the new hour requirement.
  • Field Service Schedule now has 2 options: Simplify Group Arrangements and Hide Group Arrangements.
  • Person Detailed Information and Emergency Contact List reports will show an asterisk * if consent not yet received.

NEW LANGUAGES

• NW Scheduler: Bicol, Bulgarian, Chinese Cantonese (Traditional), Guarani, Kazakh, Malay Melayu, Setswana, Sinhala, Swahili (Congo) Kiswahili (Congo)
  • NW Publisher appVietnamese 

BUG FIXES

• Bug fixes are usually released in Build Updates. If you have a problem or bug, please click Me > Updates > Check for Updates

Fantastic updates! Thank you! 👍🏽

5 hours ago, molnarj said:

Now I look forward to seeing this update in the territory features! 

😄

Is there an option for the student slips template to put the "week of" date instead of the actual date of the midweek meeting? (i.e. April 03-09)

I ask because we have 4 congregations at our hall and our mid-week meeting in normally Tuesday nights. 6 times a year we have to trade our meeting nights with one of the congregations that is having their CO visit that week.

So if I had the option to just put the week of date on the talk slips that would be less confusing to the students when they happen to have a talk a week we have to change to another day.

• Shawnster changed the title to NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions
  • Shawnster locked and unlocked this topic