JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

We have need-greaters coming into the congregation that are with us multiple months. They want to continue to serve in their home congregation, so they need to stay connected to it, but it would be beneficial for them to have access to the congregation they are need-greating at. Is there a way to allow access to more than one congregation at a time? A multiple login of sorts that allows the user to interact with multiple congregations. Thanks. 

On 12/2/2022 at 11:05 AM, JwSam said:

We have need-greaters coming into the congregation that are with us multiple months. They want to continue to serve in their home congregation, so they need to stay connected to it, but it would be beneficial for them to have access to the congregation they are need-greating at. Is there a way to allow access to more than one congregation at a time? A multiple login of sorts that allows the user to interact with multiple congregations. Thanks. 

Good question. We were wondering as well if there was a way to allow access to more than one congregation.

Having been able to evaluate the Public Talk portion compared to KHS for about a month, I have run across a few difficulties. I am saknowledging that the NWS is 3 years in the making and I am hopeful that it will be tweaked and reach the comfortable level of using that the KHS Public Talk scheduler offers.

For scheduling Public Talks you basically need 3 function as I see it.

1. Scheduling itself a talk title on a particular date, both programs do this adequately, even though the assignment for congregations and their speaker is not very intuitive.

2. Moving a speaker. KHS has a button that will do this in a simple fashion and easily. Hopefully NWS will reach this level eventually.

3. Cancelling a speaker. Again KHS does this very simple from the talk layout without having to drill down and clearing speaker as well as talk. Again I hope these 3 function will eventually be straight forward in NWS.

However I can't figure out how to add the April 4th date for the memorial nor adding a Saturday date for a special event into the congregations schedule. Are there special permissions needed and if so what are they? Are these required permissions to congregation events? Thanks for any help.

In KHS the title for the special talk April 2nd as well as the title for the memorial talk April 4th are automatically entered.

Thanks for any help.

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas

14 hours ago, More4me2do said:

Having been able to evaluate the Public Talk portion compared to KHS for about a month, I have run across a few difficulties. I am saknowledging that the NWS is 3 years in the making and I am hopeful that it will be tweaked and reach the comfortable level of using that the KHS Public Talk scheduler offers.

For scheduling Public Talks you basically need 3 function as I see it.

1. Scheduling itself a talk title on a particular date, both programs do this adequately, even though the assignment for congregations and their speaker is not very intuitive.

2. Moving a speaker. KHS has a button that will do this in a simple fashion and easily. Hopefully NWS will reach this level eventually.

3. Cancelling a speaker. Again KHS does this very simple from the talk layout without having to drill down and clearing speaker as well as talk. Again I hope these 3 function will eventually be straight forward in NWS.

However I can't figure out how to add the April 4th date for the memorial nor adding a Saturday date for a special event into the congregations schedule. Are there special permissions needed and if so what are they? Are these required permissions to congregation events? Thanks for any help.

In KHS the title for the special talk April 2nd as well as the title for the memorial talk April 4th are automatically entered.

Thanks for any help.

These are great recommendations to send to the NW Scheduler programmers support team.

17 hours ago, More4me2do said:

However I can't figure out how to add the April 4th date for the memorial nor adding a Saturday date for a special event into the congregations schedule

Use "Congregation Events" on the main page to add the memorial.  Use the same for Circuit Assemblies and Regional conventions.

We are having an issue with the new version where the uploaded workbook does not appear on other devices with editing capabilities and no schedule appears on any connected computers/phones/tablets. 

Brother who is making the schedule imported workbook from epub, created the schedule for January and no one can see it. However, once other users with editing permissions import the same workbook manually, they can see the schedules on their computers, but not mobile devices...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2022 at 6:38 PM, computerwiz said:

The current issue I just reported & hope to be fixed soon is that creating new groups (like an "Elders & Ministerial Servants" group) and then creating a new congregation event that is assigned to that group does not work at this time.  The event won't show up in their NW Publisher app.  So something changed in a recent update that broke it.

I have reported about this problem too, several times. In addition, if you modify a "working" group made in pervious versions, that stops working too. Hoping this to be fixed soon as it's a very useful function.

Do, or do not. There's no try.

5 hours ago, Aja said:

NWS program updated to 6.6 and NWP app update is out. On opening the app after updating it says that an unexpected error has occurred. Hopefully the devs sort this out quickly but otherwise the app seems to run fine.

My update simply asked me for a code sent to my phone to confirm identity after my update.

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

My update simply asked me for a code sent to my phone to confirm identity after my update.

There was initially an update last night to NWS (6.6 Build #1245) and one to NWP (2.7.0). This morning, NWS was updated to build 1251 and NWP to 2.7.1 that appear to have fixed most of the errors I viewed last night. A couple remain on NWS but I'm sure our hard working brothers/sisters with the dev team will resolve these as well.

Two standout to me currently.. in the "Circuits, Congregation & Speakers" section, the "Unassigned" option is not filtering correctly. The other issue is that NWS crashes when attempting to change meeting times in the "Congregation" section. When the time section is clicked on and a cursor appears to edit the time, that's around where NWS crashes. If the time is clicked on and the time is instead highlighted, then it runs fine.

5 hours ago, JJWest said:

Also the new update says you can now submit meeting attendance from your device, but for some reason this new option is not syncing to phone/tablet with the option to submit? May need a bug fix update.

It should be working. If you go in the main program to NW Publisher App / App Features / Schedule you can tick the option Allow Submit Meeting Attendance. Chose who can use that option. If you chose Attendant, only the Attendant has the option in his app. If you chose Appointed Brothers, all appointed brothers will see it. 

Go to the App / Schedules. Chose a specific meeting and scroll all the way down. There you will see the option to enter the Meeting Attendance number.

21 hours ago, molnarj said:

It should be working. If you go in the main program to NW Publisher App / App Features / Schedule you can tick the option Allow Submit Meeting Attendance. Chose who can use that option. If you chose Attendant, only the Attendant has the option in his app. If you chose Appointed Brothers, all appointed brothers will see it. 

Go to the App / Schedules. Chose a specific meeting and scroll all the way down. There you will see the option to enter the Meeting Attendance number.

Thank you!

Old App Version ??? HELP PLEASE

hello the other day I downloaded the update for Scheduler and notice some changes where when i wanted to be able to receive and input into Scheduler what publishers sent with their phone app cannot do anymore. I notice there is "app person" and beside my name and most = Old Version. I tried to delete the app on my phone and download it again multiple times and it ends up giving me the original. There are those who have 2.7.2 and this may be because they downloaded the app later than I did. How do I fix this please : )

• 2 weeks later...

A new issue that is affecting all admins in our congregation. Suddenly the program says we are not connected and asked to verify. We've updated to the latest version since then but are still not able to get rid of the error.

What might be the issue and how do we resolve this?

Capture.JPG

7 minutes ago, GoldenAge said:

A new issue that is affecting all admins in our congregation. Suddenly the program says we are not connected and asked to verify. We've updated to the latest version since then but are still not able to get rid of the error.

What might be the issue and how do we resolve this?

Capture.JPG

We ran in to the same issue, but as Brother Molnarj mentioned, it's been resolved. I completed closed out NWS, gave it a minute or so, then reopened it. Allowed us back.

4 hours ago, molnarj said:

Did you chose the right Sharing Region? You could try again later. We had a server issue yesterday with Congregation sharing but is was solved about an hour later.

thanks my friend, it worked.

If anyone is in the same situation please follow the steps here: 

If you are ARE a Congregation Administrator and want to change the Region of your whole congregation:

For security reasons, the only way to change the Sharing Region is to Disable Sharing, and then Re-Setup Congregation Sharing on the new Sharing Region.

• Note: Only Congregation Administrators should change the Sharing Region. This will affect all other Sharing Members in your Congregation, so you should immediately inform all other users of the new Region. They will then need to Disconnect, and join the new Region. If you continue to use two different regions, your data will not sync!
  1. Click Congregation > Congregation Sharing
  2. Click Disable Sharing
  3. Re-setup Sharing on the new Region, according to Help > Congregation Sharing

Please note you can also simply leave the region as is. There is no requirement to change it.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to know what changes were done for each build?

What's the thought on "Public Speaker Sharing"? Looks like it's still in the works. There are circuits from other states showing up in California, like New York & Nevada. Congregations don't seem to know which way to label their circuit as well. Some place CA-#, others put the number only followed by a letter (ie: 30-A). Settings only has 3 options, <LETTER> - <NUMBER>, <NUMBER> - <LETTER>, or just <NUMBER>. We'd like to share with other congregations within our circuit section only (CA-18A) but NWS says the format is incorrect for the circuit name.

nws_public_speaker_sharing.png

• Shawnster changed the title to NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions
  • Shawnster locked and unlocked this topic