JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

On 9/10/2022 at 1:04 PM, Aja said:

When I last used them, KHS seemed to have a lot of language updates but not much else. I think the developer for KHS fundamentally sees things differently that the JWS devs, but those were the areas I was most looking for improvement in. At this point, the #1 feature I'm looking for is stability since JWS basically does everything I need it to at this point. You had mentioned before that you were hoping for an update to NWP app. What features are you hoping they come out with?

Hello Aja! A few possible features I'm looking forward they come out with is:

* Ability to clear certain alerts in the "Task" menu of "NW Scheduler".

* Add "0" in "NW Scheduler" for number of usual school rooms. We only use the "Main" auditorium and would prefer not to see "Main Hall" on the app.

* Link "Life & Ministry Meeting" calendar on NW Publisher app to JW Library app (have the date clickable & directed to JW Library app correct week).

* In the "Assignments" tab of NW Publisher, have that specific assignment linked to JW Library app.

* Print option for "Life & Ministry Meeting" & "Weekend Meeting" on NW Publisher app.

* Add separate Zoom link options for meetings, "Life & Ministry Meeting" & "Weekend Meeting" that appears somewhere in the NW Publisher app.

Small fix request for the NW Publisher app as well:

* The only items that can be long pressed to copy text appears to be in the "Assignments" tab, except for the "Life and Ministry Meeting" section. "Weekend Meeting", "Field Service", and "Public Witnessing" fields are selectable. Once highlighted however, there's no way to unselect the selection unless the close "X" button in the upper right hand corner is selected. Minor detail.

I have the latest version, 6.5 Build #1232. I had to import the epub files for Sept - Nov. No issues there. However, each time I reopen "NW Scheduler", the meeting info is gone and the following message is listed in it's place.

"The Meeting Workbook data is not yet available for this language"

Is this happening for anyone else?

3 hours ago, JoshD said:

* Add separate Zoom link options for meetings, "Life & Ministry Meeting" & "Weekend Meeting" that appears somewhere in the NW Publisher app.

We were using two different Zoom links. So we combined the same Zoom link for both the "Life & Ministry Meeting" & "Weekend Meeting".

In New World Scheduler, under Congregation, we enter this Zoom Meeting Link also with the Zoom Meeting ID and Password

image.thumb.png.f66c67234750324e0927edb507c16e74.png

They then appear in the NW Publisher app for the "Life & Ministry Meeting" & "Weekend Meeting" at the very bottom of each meeting in a section called ZOOM.

For Field Service, our Zoom link is different than the "Life & Ministry Meeting" & "Weekend Meeting" but that link appears in the NW Publisher app because we add it to the Link field as a Location in New World Scheduler under Congregation, Circuits & Locations.

image.png.74e5bafad6458b2faa538d558834b07a.png

For the Address of the Location we add the Zoom ID and Password.

Edited by luisenriquereyes

18 minutes ago, luisenriquereyes said:

We were using two different Zoom links. So we combined the same Zoom link for both the "Life & Ministry Meeting" & "Weekend Meeting".

In New World Scheduler, under Congregation, we enter this Zoom Meeting Link also with the Zoom Meeting ID and Password

image.thumb.png.f66c67234750324e0927edb507c16e74.png

They then appear in the NW Publisher app for the "Life & Ministry Meeting" & "Weekend Meeting" at the very bottom of each meeting in a section called ZOOM.

For Field Service, our Zoom link is different than the "Life & Ministry Meeting" & "Weekend Meeting" but that link appears in the NW Publisher app because we add it to the Link field as a Location in New World Scheduler under Congregation, Circuits & Locations.

image.png.74e5bafad6458b2faa538d558834b07a.png

For the Address of the Location we add the Zoom ID and Password.

Luis, thank you for the info! I'm not able to separate the "Life & Ministry Meeting" & "Weekend Meeting" Zoom links. Our BOE had decided since the beginning to use separate Zoom links for each of the meetings ("Life & Ministry Meeting", "Weekend Meeting", Mid-week service, Saturday FS & Last Saturday of the Month links).

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2022 at 3:31 AM, JoshD said:

There's no data backup on NW Publisher correct? If on the 25th day of the month my phone crashes, etc, then all my field service time up until that point is gone right?

You know...that's an excellent point & question.  I don't know for sure, but I think you're right on that....

Will have to test it out later.  If you have NWS on 2 devices, it will be easy to see if your tracking of field service is synced.  If it isn't...then definitely there's no backup.  I have 2 devices...will check when I get home.

On 9/28/2022 at 12:46 PM, JoshD said:

Hello Aja! A few possible features I'm looking forward they come out with is:

* Ability to clear certain alerts in the "Task" menu of "NW Scheduler".

* Add "0" in "NW Scheduler" for number of usual school rooms. We only use the "Main" auditorium and would prefer not to see "Main Hall" on the app.

* Link "Life & Ministry Meeting" calendar on NW Publisher app to JW Library app (have the date clickable & directed to JW Library app correct week).

* In the "Assignments" tab of NW Publisher, have that specific assignment linked to JW Library app.

* Print option for "Life & Ministry Meeting" & "Weekend Meeting" on NW Publisher app.

Small fix request for the NW Publisher app as well:

* The only items that can be long pressed to copy text appears to be in the "Assignments" tab, except for the "Life and Ministry Meeting" section. "Weekend Meeting", "Field Service", and "Public Witnessing" fields are selectable. Once highlighted however, there's no way to unselect the selection unless the close "X" button in the upper right hand corner is selected. Minor detail.

* Add auto syncing/backup option on NWP to "Field Service Activity" section.

* Extend "Field Service Activity" by adding an "Interested/RV" section. Basic RV notes; name, contact info, what was discussed, etc.

Question, I am very new to JWS and NWP so forgive me. The BOE's have tasked me to get it in place for the congregation. One problem I'm seeing is while on JWS, when I look at publisher app persons connected. It doesn't show all that are connected??? And I know they are connected because I verbally confirmed and some have sent data and requests from the app. 

I'm sure it is something easy I'm missing..... Please help 

On 9/7/2022 at 8:19 PM, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

I am trying to schedule specific dates for carts to line up with our cruise schedule. 

At this point I can add a 'regular' slot that will schedule every 'Monday' say, but I only want one Monday on Oct 31st, and then some more random days the following week.

Does anyone know how I can just put carts up on days selected from a calendar?

TIA

TonyW

CalendarSS-2.png

What we did was to add the locations and schedules, then disable the times and dates we did not want. 

6 hours ago, Gruder said:

Question, I am very new to JWS and NWP so forgive me. The BOE's have tasked me to get it in place for the congregation. One problem I'm seeing is while on JWS, when I look at publisher app persons connected. It doesn't show all that are connected??? And I know they are connected because I verbally confirmed and some have sent data and requests from the app. 

Figured it out. Needed update installed. 

17 hours ago, JoshD said:

* Extend "Field Service Activity" by adding an "Interested/RV" section. Basic RV notes; name, contact info, what was discussed, etc.

Is there a way to receive active notifications from NW Scheduler when a publisher submits data through their NWP app? (submitting fsr, request literature, territory, etc)

On 11/1/2022 at 8:56 PM, JoshD said:

Is there a way to receive active notifications from NW Scheduler when a publisher submits data through their NWP app? (submitting fsr, request literature, territory, etc)

Not to my knowledge or that I've ever seen. Usually not too much of an issue for me as I check it pretty frequently until I get all the Field service reports for the month accounted for. The only time it's a problem is after the time has all been collected and then someone submits the sneaky away periods that I don't see .

I wouldn't mind having a notification on my "Me" page with one of those little exclamation points to let me know. I check the program frequently enough that that would be sufficient. I don't know how I'd feel about an active notification on my phone though. Getting 140-ish dings through the first couple weeks of the month might drive me crazy (or at least crazier than I already am😂). 

Has anyone with experience using Territory Helper tried to transition to using NW Scheduler for their territories? Territory Helper is a fantastic website and the reports it provides are terrific. But of course we want to make best/most efficient use of Kingdom funds, so if we can get the same utility out of NW Scheduler it might be worth the shift. Can you run the reports you need for the CO visit in NW Scheduler? Does it keep track of when territories are being checked out and how often they are being worked? Any of your experiences using this feature would be appreciated.

On 11/3/2022 at 6:02 AM, Aja said:

Has anyone with experience using Territory Helper tried to transition to using NW Scheduler for their territories? Territory Helper is a fantastic website and the reports it provides are terrific. But of course we want to make best/most efficient use of Kingdom funds, so if we can get the same utility out of NW Scheduler it might be worth the shift. Can you run the reports you need for the CO visit in NW Scheduler? Does it keep track of when territories are being checked out and how often they are being worked? Any of your experiences using this feature would be appreciated.

I'd like to know this as well for the same reasons.

On 11/1/2022 at 12:48 AM, JoshD said:

* Auto add song title to Public Talk in NWP when a song number is entered in NWS.

This question comes up from a neighboring congregation. During mid-week meeting an announcement NW Publisher was endorsed by the BOE and it was suggested that all congregation publishers should use the app. This sounds foreign to me. 

I am not putting down the app, but I find endorsing it from the platform to be wrong, Any thoughts.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

19 minutes ago, Old said:

This question comes up from a neighboring congregation. During mid-week meeting an announcement NW Publisher was endorsed by the BOE and it was suggested that all congregation publishers should use the app. This sounds foreign to me. 

I am not putting down the app, but I find endorsing it from the platform to be wrong, Any thoughts.

That does sound odd, however several years ago the Service Overseer announced that the congregation would be using Territory Helper and he would provide training sessions for it. I didn't think it was odd at the time. It didn't replace the old system, it is an alternative way of checking out territory.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

14 hours ago, Old said:

Just curious how you felt when your congregation first announced what video conferencing program they would be using after the pandemic began or when the Branch began to offer Zoom as the preferred method for congregations to do their video conferencing? We also have hired buses in the past to help get the brothers and sisters to Assemblies/Conventions. This arrangement was also announced from the platform along with the associated costs. How did you feel when watching the Broadcasts and seeing that they were using private contractors to build Bethel facilities. And then they even interviewed some of them for the broadcast. I'm not saying how congregations should necessarily handle this, but it does seem like there is precedent for announcing services that are not from the Branch that are being used by the congregation to further Kingdom interests

On 11/3/2022 at 6:02 AM, Aja said:

We used Territory Helper too and then moved to using NWS for our territories so that we would be using the same program for everything. As far as reports go, yes you can send the CO all the reports like the S-13 that you do on Territory Helper.

4 hours ago, Jjwhittier said:

We used Territory Helper too and then moved to using NWS for our territories so that we would be using the same program for everything. As far as reports go, yes you can send the CO all the reports like the S-13 that you do on Territory Helper.

What are the pros and cons of JWS compared to Territory Helper? 

On 11/1/2022 at 5:48 AM, Gruder said:

OK, so this is happening again. Last time I did the update and it corrected itself. This time not so much, what am I missing? 

• Shawnster changed the title to NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions
  • Shawnster locked and unlocked this topic