JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

99% of protection is behavior. Don't do stupid stuff and you are 99% protected.  In 28 years I have had 2 viruses. The last one was more than 10 years ago. I just shut down my computer and formatted the drive and 2 hours later was back to where I was. Virus protection gets in my way. It's also a false sense of security. This may be a discussion for another thread.

Noticed in NWP, single digit territories are a bit out of sequence. NWS displays them correctly however; T-9, T-10, T-11, etc. One other update to NWP I'm not too sure if it's needed is placing a number in front of the name of the attendant.

1611519608_NWP7.0_1.thumb.png.b3fad90e9e53c3565099c3aa4b969c75.png

2 minutes ago, luisenriquereyes said:

We started with Build #1281 but we don't see Documents, Letters or Announcements on the Information Board 🤔

Try deleting one of the documents, then recreate it. Your info board section may need a change of some sort to refresh the data in order for it to display properly on NWP.

5 minutes ago, JoshD said:

Try deleting one of the documents, then recreate it. Your info board section may need a change of some sort to refresh the data in order for it to display properly on NWP.

Did that but still no Announcements, Letters or Documents show up in the App.  I guess we wait.

1 minute ago, luisenriquereyes said:

Did that but still no Announcements, Letters or Documents show up in the App.  I guess we wait.

Try updating the NWP app to the latest version. In NWS, make sure to have selected the "NW Publisher app" tab on the left, "Send App Data", "Prepare and Send". If that doesn't work, will possibly just need to wait it out. It took ours about 30 or so mins for everything to show back up on NWP.

I have not updated anything. I just started using it about a month ago and have been slowly giving out the app to the friends. Now suddenly 2 cannot get it to connect. Would this have anything to do with the update that I have not installed yet?

1 hour ago, computerwiz said:

Just figured out my problem....my anti-virus was blocking it.  🤦‍♂️

It took a computerwhiz to figure that out...🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

12 minutes ago, Floyd said:

So it looks like the 2 new people may have download the latest version of the app but I have not updated NWS yet. Would that cause a problem?

From what I observed, yes. The NWS needs to be updated in order for publishers with updated NWP to use it.

15 minutes ago, Floyd said:

So it looks like the 2 new people may have download the latest version of the app but I have not updated NWS yet. Would that cause a problem?

As a general rule everyone using the software and apps are encouraged to update to the latest version. If I recall correctly they say this is to cut down on issues such as this.

51 minutes ago, JoshD said:

One other update to NWP I'm not too sure if it's needed is placing a number in front of the name of the attendant.

This number in front refers to the number of brothers assigned. Note that in the Microphones field, with two assigned brothers, the numbering 1 and 2 appears. 

FWIW I am also in the camp of having updated to 7.0 build 1281 and I'm having the disappearing documents and letters issue (Congregation Announcements are showing up correctly though). I'll wait it out for a bit and see if it self corrects.

Edited by Aja

grammer

38 minutes ago, Aja said:

As a general rule everyone using the software and apps are encouraged to update to the latest version. If I recall correctly they say this is to cut down on issues such as this.

I just didn't want to update until all the other issues were resolved. Updating causes other issues. I usually wait on updating any and all software.

1 hour ago, JoshD said:

Try updating the NWP app to the latest version. In NWS, make sure to have selected the "NW Publisher app" tab on the left, "Send App Data", "Prepare and Send". If that doesn't work, will possibly just need to wait it out. It took ours about 30 or so mins for everything to show back up on NWP.

It didn't show up until I updated NWS. I like to know what I am going to see every step of the way before starting down a road I cannot control. In this case I didn't know what to expect until after I started.