JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

Sorry John, I don't have any experience with importing phone numbers. It looks like you already found the support page for doing this. A couple simple possible issues: are you sure the file you are attempting to import is in .csv format? Does the failure to import message give you any indication what is going wrong?

Did your congregation invite inactive ones to use the NWP app?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Did your congregation invite inactive ones to use the NWP app?

We have a sister who attends meetings from time to time. She's not regular in service but occasionally sends a report. We helped her install NW Publisher so that she can be up to date with congregation events and send her report.

For other inactive ones who don't attend meetings it seemed it was pointless. But maybe you found a good reason for them to install the app too?

A quick question: We usually have our meeting on Tuesday, but next week we will have it on Thursday because one of the other congregations has the CO visit. Is there a way to change the day for a single meeting on NW Scheduler?

I wouldn't want the assignments deleted before the meeting takes place.

9 hours ago, carlos said:

We have a sister who attends meetings from time to time. She's not regular in service but occasionally sends a report. We helped her install NW Publisher so that she can be up to date with congregation events and send her report.

For other inactive ones who don't attend meetings it seemed it was pointless. But maybe you found a good reason for them to install the app too?

That is pretty much the same approach we took. If someone asks, we usually get them set up due to the occasional FS report.

40 minutes ago, carlos said:

A quick question: We usually have our meeting on Tuesday, but next week we will have it on Thursday because one of the other congregations has the CO visit. Is there a way to change the day for a single meeting on NW Scheduler?

I wouldn't want the assignments deleted before the meeting takes place.

We usually add a 'Congregation Event' with the meeting day change serve as a reminder. Same for the Circuit Assemblies when we have no midweek meeting.

Screenshot 2024-02-21 103824.png

Thanks, Benjamin! That is a good idea.

However it's not exactly what I was looking for. I am the chairman that day. Since the app expects the meeting to be on Tuesday, I am afraid to find the schedule for that day has disappeared when I get to the KH. :innocent:

It may also create confusion when it sends the notifications two days before.

Carlos - what Benjamin showed you is ONLY for information. It does not change the actual meeting info in the App meeting schedule. It simply creates a "Congregation Event" that shows up directly on the main page and reminds the friends that the meeting will be on a different day. All the part assignments remain the same.

Further Info on importing telephone territory:

Through trial and error, I found a format that works. See pic.

COMMENTS:

Pic #1 - Had to add a 'dummy' column with heading 'Number'

Pic #2 - a. there is no column for the phone number - can't imagine why it is missing!

b. But when I double-click, I get the detailed info as expected

Pic #3 - but, on the phone, I get exactly what I need: phone number, person's name, and town.

CONCLUSION: this may not be what the programmers intended, but for now, it works.

NWP_TelTerrFormats.pdf

Has your congregation added the Memorial Invitation Campaign to NWS/NWP as a Congregation Event?

I have the 5 minute part this week about the Memorial arrangements and I was thinking of using NWP in the part to show that all of the information about the campaign, talk and memorial is available.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Has your congregation added the Memorial Invitation Campaign to NWS/NWP as a Congregation Event?

I have the 5 minute part this week about the Memorial arrangements and I was thinking of using NWP in the part to show that all of the information about the campaign, talk and memorial is available.

It was added to the NW Congregation Events.

Also added the NOTE found in  the auxiliary pioneer application as a reminder on when applications should be submitted.

On 2/21/2024 at 7:52 PM, foghorn said:

Carlos - what Benjamin showed you is ONLY for information. It does not change the actual meeting info in the App meeting schedule. It simply creates a "Congregation Event" that shows up directly on the main page and reminds the friends that the meeting will be on a different day. All the part assignments remain the same.

I've found using the congregation event to show a meeting day change will show up on the meeting section of the app with the changed day

During the last Elder School CO strongly not recommended to use NW Scheduler/Publisher  for congregation needs.

The main reason is "to don't make your enemies' job easier."

Our brothers in occupated territory needed to quickly destroy all publisher`s information on paper and electronic storages. In the beginning of war in our congregation all the publisher`s information has been destoyed too. We was gotten School assignments as a Name. - First letter of Shurname.

The second reason is that currently developers are JW, but who knows about a future.. personal info can potentially be deployed to enemies - it is not a joke, we know how they work in Russia and occupied Ukraine territories. 

This is just FYI info, no need to make any comments, dear brothers.

Probably related to our territory, but who knows about a future...

I'm sure you face some unique circumstances Korotkiy. While his instruction might be a bit different than the written instruction most of us are following, I trust that he is looking out for the best interest of the local circumstances for you hardworking brothers. Even Paul understood that getting circumcised wasn't necessary for Christians, but due to the territory they would be in, had Timothy get circumcised. Ultimately, we won't be able to stop Gog of Magog if they decide to attack us, but thankfully Jehovah is on our side and will. Keep listening to those trustworthy men!

6 hours ago, Korotkiy said:

During the last Elder School CO strongly not recommended to use NW Scheduler/Publisher  for congregation needs.

Our brothers in occupated territory needed to quickly destroy all publisher`s information on paper and electronic storages. In the beginning of war in our congregation all the publisher`s information has been destoyed too. We was gotten School assignments as a Name. - First letter of Shurname.

The second reason is that currently developers are JW, but who knows about a future.. personal info can potentially be deployed to enemies - it is not a joke, we know how they work in Russia and occupied Ukraine territories. 

This is just FYI info, no need to make any comments, dear brothers.

Probably related to our territory, but who knows about a future...

Nw publisher has a delete button that will wipe all publisher details from every connected computer in the congregation when pressed. I can completely destroy all our congregation records from all eldars in our congregation in less than 30 seconds. This seems to me to be safer than each eldar having a copy and relying on them all being able to destroy the data themselves in an emergency 

14 minutes ago, Paul s said:

wipe all publisher details from every connected computer in the congregation

The important point here is every connected computer. In our congregation, it is not unusual for a user to go 10-14 days without connecting. What would happen in that case?

I'm pretty sure when you hit the DELETE button it wipes the congregation data off the NW Scheduler server. But what remains on the computers of the brothers who were not connected at that time? If a bad actor booted their computer, disconnected it from the internet, and opened NW Scheduler, would the program load? Would they get any personal data?

Of course, each PC has a copy of the datafiles, but they would be encrypted. Same for the backups. But if the program were still installed, would it decrypt, load and display the current data files? Or could the bad actor try to restore backup files to obtain personal data?

Just thinking ahead...🤔

28 minutes ago, foghorn said:

The important point here is every connected computer. In our congregation, it is not unusual for a user to go 10-14 days without connecting. What would happen in that case?

I'm pretty sure when you hit the DELETE button it wipes the congregation data off the NW Scheduler server. But what remains on the computers of the brothers who were not connected at that time? If a bad actor booted their computer, disconnected it from the internet, and opened NW Scheduler, would the program load? Would they get any personal data?

Of course, each PC has a copy of the datafiles, but they would be encrypted. Same for the backups. But if the program were still installed, would it decrypt, load and display the current data files? Or could the bad actor try to restore backup files to obtain personal data?

Just thinking ahead...🤔

You cannot access any data without connecting to the congregation and as soon as you do the data is wiped. Once the delete button is pressed that's it. You can also password protect the program on your computer I've insisted that everyone connected puts a password on the program to add security to it

9 hours ago, Korotkiy said:

Interesting thought but isn't it true that if the government gets access to the Google/Apple data storage that they will see every email, text, Contact list, app, image and anything else we have ever used our devices for? It seems that as soon as Jehovah's people are declared to be a threat, the governments would be able access that information and be able to identify everyone in the organization.

Have you ever used the word "Elder" on any of your devices? How long would it take any government to search the Google/Apple databases for just that word?

I think our enemies' job is going to be pretty easy whether we use NWS/NWP or not..

Edited by Tortuga

2 hours ago, Paul s said:

Nw scheduler is also designed so you only need a first name to use it no personal details at all

What about the publishers contact info? And their emergency contacts? All of that info (names, addresses, phones, emails)  is populated for those who use the program fully.

41 minutes ago, foghorn said:

What about the publishers contact info? And their emergency contacts? All of that info (names, addresses, phones, emails)  is populated for those who use the program fully.

You don't need any info apart from a first name to use the program fully. It's designed to be able to be used in lands under restrictions where it would be dangerous to store that kind of detail. Even first names can be in code if you want as long as you can remember who's who